Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Blade - What if we flipped the script?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Scarlet Blade has received a lot more attention than it probably deserves lately, for what are probably all the wrong reasons. If you're not aware, SB is a game with only female avatars, riding around on the front of robots, mostly naked. You can also buy lingerie for your avatars. The developer has made no effort to hide that the game is essentially soft core pr0n. They even reference girlie magazines in their advertisements.

So, what if we flip the script? Instead of mostly naked female avatars, we had mostly naked male avatars with no female avatars? Same general themes, one of them is into S & M, one of them is real submissive, one of them looks under aged, etc.

What do you think the response would be on this site?

Would MMORPG.com have run ads for the game?

Would our usual suspects be attacking the game as being socially deviant?

Would our usual suspects be attacking the people attacking the game as being moral nazis?

What do you think the response would be?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Boobs sell. Moobs do not.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Quirhid
    Boobs sell. Moobs do not.

I assume they wouldn't be moobs but muscles. It is a video game after all.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

if a game came out for women and gay men I wouldn't complain one bit...just like I didn't complain about barbarians always running around in a damn loincloth all the time.

The REAL question is, why do people get all uppity about nudity in things built around MURDER and BLOODSHED?!? Goes to show that "morals" are warped for sure if a bare boob is bad but killing is fine.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Jtc years and years ago the same arguement raged about unconstraind violenc in games, and we see the same arguements now as we did then. 'ah violence is ok, it's oooonly a game'. Now we have endless violence in games.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • sxvssxvs Member Posts: 109

there's always a double standard when it comes to males and females, males are almost always the disgusting pigs and pervs, yet... i've seen the covers and partially read some of these romance novels intended for females and they're far from tame.. ripped guys without shirts, appearing almost nude and very sexual scenarios in the writing, etc.. but that's considered perfectly ok because it's under the veil of "romance".

it seems like it comes down to how it's perceived, when it's blunt and obvious it's labelled as disgusting and for pervs but when it's cleaned up and hidden then it's acceptable.

the whole thing is nonsense, everyone with their own agendas and  moral/religious outrage.

if you don't like something why not just avoid it? why judge others and cast stones... if you have kids then be a parent, what happened to parenting? make sure your kids aren't involved with such things but i can make my own decisions and decide what i like, and i like females, particularly pale red heads with glasses and curvy in all the right places.

if things have females i'm attracted to there is a good chance i'll be there... as it's what i like.

if it's comics, movies... a singer, games.. whatever.

everyone else isn't responsible for your kids, i bring that up because most of the times the reason for outrage is brought up in reference to kids seeing it, etc.

and by the way, just because i like to fantasize about females with comics and movies, etc that doesn't make me some perv in real life... i'm extremely nice to females, most females say "'too nice" and permanently in the "friend zone" and so just because someone likes females and fantasizes about them within these types of mediums doesn't make them some wild animal pervs running around with their pants down trying to jump on top of girls.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Didn't we have that a few years ago? I remember a forum s£$tstorm being caused about a very androgynus looking chap in kinky leather gear  on a site advert for a game who's name escapes me right now but it was def asian in origin and up for months Not as many threads as SB has gotten but not far off. Anybody help me out here? I miss that lama with the clover hat already.
    I was referring to the evolvement of games in general.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Sxvs invariabl it's the parents that do actuall block content that raise thes arguements, and the parents that don't give a shit that don't. You don just write of thes children, sO what then?

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Sxvs invariabl it's the parents that do actuall block content that raise thes arguements, and the parents that don't give a shit that don't. You don just write of thes children, sO what then?

and that's my problem how? parent your own kids not the world.

it seems extremist parents try and shape the world according to how they want their kids to be in it but the world doesn't revolve around them and their kids.

parenting is no easy job, i'll say that but they signed up for it not me... i'm supposed to not look at comics that have hotties with big breasts and butts because their kid might see it and get a stiffy? pahlease.

Yes they are, and I bet the gams In Your library are a hell of a lot better, and demonstrates while ultra violent games and naked children do not enrich the gaming world.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Then of course SBFord's review of the game would have been much less critical.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by jtcgs

if a game came out for women and gay men I wouldn't complain one bit...just like I didn't complain about barbarians always running around in a damn loincloth all the time.

The REAL question is, why do people get all uppity about nudity in things built around MURDER and BLOODSHED?!? Goes to show that "morals" are warped for sure if a bare boob is bad but killing is fine.

This

I don't care about games I don't play. If they made a game like that I wouldn't be interested in it. I post in these threads because I don't like people trying to tell me or anyone else what games they can make or play.

Howto be human and part of a haalthy society.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Then of course SBFord's review of the game would have been much less critical.

Are you being dense on purpose? Like for laughs or something? It wasn't Suzie's review. 

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by jtcgs

This

I don't care about games I don't play. If they made a game like that I wouldn't be interested in it. I post in these threads because I don't like people trying to tell me or anyone else what games they can make or play.

Actually, if a game like that would thrive, with a host of rip-offs and clones following it's wake, I'd start getting worried. That's why I would theoretically voice my "NO" opinion.

That said, why have an opinion at all if you don't let it be heard? People have every right to show their disgust (or happyness), as long as it is well argumented. None of that trolling stuff.

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by sxvs

and that's my problem how? parent your own kids not the world.

it seems extremist parents try and shape the world according to how they want their kids to be in it but the world doesn't revolve around them and their kids.

parenting is no easy job, i'll say that but they signed up for it not me... i'm supposed to not look at comics that have hotties with big breasts and boobs because their kid might see it and get a stiffy? pahlease.

+1 to you good sir.

haha thanks, i meant big breasts and butts though.. not  big breasts and boobs.

not that it really matters but evenso.

and i mean no disrespect to parents, i do respect the difficult role they're in.. especially in this day and age with so much information/access out there.

i'll just leave it that... and go back to reading my comics. :D

[black widow is looking so hotttttttt]

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Actually, if a game like that would thrive, with a host of rip-offs and clones following it's wake, I'd start getting worried. That's why I would theoretically voice my "NO" opinion.

That said, why have an opinion at all if you don't let it be heard? People have every right to show their disgust (or happyness), as long as it is well argumented. None of that trolling stuff.

Every time someone tells me " everyone is entitled to their own opinion " ( you didn't say it but close enough :P ) it reminds me of this article http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978  It's a good read.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Every time someone tells me " everyone is entitled to their own opinion " ( you didn't say it but close enough :P ) it reminds me of this article http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978  It's a good read.

eh i don't agree, everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion.

for example if one person said led zeppelin sucks and the other said they're the best ever there isn't really a right or wrong and that is what qualifies an opinion.

there is no real certainty of wrong or right within an subjective opinion.

it's like saying blue is the best color, there is no pure truth in blue being the best color, it's subjective and opinion and each person can have their own take on it and that's the context of the statement in reference.

this person is basing his thoughts on things that are more factual than opinion that would be more in the context of debate as his only focus and not seeing the wider context.

he gives an example that is proven scientifically (at least somewhat proven) but he's not also including the examples above.

once something is proven beyond the reason of doubt to be truth and factual it no longer exists within subjective opinion (in which that statement of everyone is entitled to refers).

when someone says it, generally i'm fairly certain it is in reference to blue and led zeppelin and not that the world is round/flat.

basically, i disagree with the person... and that's my opinion, in which i'm entitled to.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Jtc years and years ago the same arguement raged about unconstraind violenc in games, and we see the same arguements now as we did then. 'ah violence is ok, it's oooonly a game'. Now we have endless violence in games.

Violent games are the most popular, but there have always been non-violent options like Sim City and The Sims.

Just an observation: your signature list of games is a rather long list of historic combat-focused gaming.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Usually games have cosmetic options to allow male characters to run around with just underwear on. Much the same way all games that afford women the option to dress down, have options to allow them to dress up.

How the user applies those options is another matter.

Originally posted by sxvs

eh i don't agree, everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion.

for example if one person said led zeppelin sucks and the other said they're the best ever there isn't really a right or wrong and that is what qualifies an opinion.

there is no real certainty of wrong or right within an subjective opinion.

it's like saying blue is the best color, there is no pure truth in blue being the best color, it's subjective and opinion and each person can have their own take on it and that's the context of the statement in reference.

this person is basing his thoughts on things that are more factual than opinion that would be more in the context of debate as his only focus and not seeing the wider context.

he gives an example that is proven scientifically (at least somewhat proven) but he's not also including the examples above.

once something is proven beyond the reason of doubt to be truth and factual it no longer exists within subjective opinion (in which that statement of everyone is entitled to refers).

when someone says it, generally i'm fairly certain it is in reference to blue and led zeppelin and not that the world is round/flat.

basically, i disagree with the person... and that's my opinion, in which i'm entitled to.

He's more or less trying to show the difference between informed opinion and just opinion. Too often you see people with just an opinion trying to argue facts they don't really know or worse trying to argue with someone who actually has an informed opinion and try and pull that " I have a right to my opinion"

In the case of SB the people who rant about the end of civilization as we know it because a game is trying to sell itself with sex....is not an informed opinion. the proof is in the lack of facts they present and the insults they tend to resort to when pressed. People do have the right to their opinion, but when they choose to put that opinion over others without any facts imo they lose that right.

It's basically saying I have a right to stay stupid. If that's really what we want for people how great are these rights we're so proud of ?