Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what was your favorite swg game moment

13»

Comments

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Terranah

This thread topic comes up every once in awhile and I think it's so cool there are other people still thinking about this game.  I had sooo many favorite moments, but here is another I don't think I mentioned before.

Me and several guildies were running through the Tattooine desert to get somewhere.  I was a creature handler and had my dog, 'Lucky' out.  Lucky had the annoying propensity to suddenly tear off and attack stuff unbidden.  He had all the instincts of a pit bull but the stature of a chihuahua.

Anyway, we were running through the desert and suddenly Lucky tears away from our group and attacks...a Krayt dragon.  One of my buddy stops short and says, "What's your dog doing?"  Various curses pop up in the chat bubbles as we watch in disbelief.

I managed to type, "That's not my dog," as the Krayt descended upon us and all hell broke loose.

I can't remember if we survived or not. I just remember that feeling as I saw him run off, like 'What the hell?', and then 'Oooooh shit.  LUCKY!!!'

I had a Slice Hound named 'spuds'. The /say command I used for him to attack was "Bring home the bacon"

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186

This thread topic comes up every once in awhile and I think it's so cool there are other people still thinking about this game.  I had sooo many favorite moments, but here is another I don't think I mentioned before.

Me and several guildies were running through the Tattooine desert to get somewhere.  I was a creature handler and had my dog, 'Lucky' out.  Lucky had the annoying propensity to suddenly tear off and attack stuff unbidden.  He had all the instincts of a pit bull but the stature of a chihuahua.

Anyway, we were running through the desert and suddenly Lucky tears away from our group and attacks...a Krayt dragon.  One of my buddy stops short and says, "What's your dog doing?"  Various curses pop up in the chat bubbles as we watch in disbelief.

I managed to type, "That's not my dog," as the Krayt descended upon us and all hell broke loose.

I can't remember if we survived or not. I just remember that feeling as I saw him run off, like 'What the hell?', and then 'Oooooh shit.  LUCKY!!!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU

*edited for pc link not mobile

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by ObiClownobi

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3GRSbr0EYYU

LOL...you couldn't have picked a better example

• ReallymjReallymj Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Elite Force guild created by me and friends from work on Eclipse Server.

~Im not what I am~

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

I could write a book about it, really.

Honestly, there should be a book written about SWG and the all awesome things that players have done or experienced. It would be worth reading like a dusty and worn book dug up after an MMOcalypse.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Thunderous

I remember the sheer terror of running to my harvestors before mounts were in the game.  If a mob populated by one of them and I saw red it would make for an interesting hour or so.  Those early days were the funnest to me.

After November of 2005, my favorite moment was when SOE pulled the plug on the game.  2,000 suckers cried out in agony and in an instant were quieted.

And yet still talk about the game endlessly lol

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Hands down my favorite memory was during the CU when a group of my closest Guildies got together one afternoon for our 1st Krayt hunt without any of the Guild Jedi's...We had a couple Level 80's, one in particular that knew what he was doing (Ryn'tek on Flurry), and a bunch of guys who were completely inexperienced at that point...I was a Master Doc/Master Pike...The only Doc in the group...So needless to say I was kept busy...When we dropped that 1st Krayt it was like Christmas, New Years Eve, and the 4th of July all rolled up into one...lol...I still have the screenshots somewhere...Man we had some fun that day!!! image