Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] World of Warcraft: LFR and Drop Rates

13»

Comments

• CyberNigmaCyberNigma Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    The problem is an endgame built around raiding for gear.  Everything else is just details.  Any proposals to change it amount to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic:  the end result isn't going to change much.

If endgame raid gear is part of the endgame raiding progression, why does a non-raider need it?

popping into a dungeon or scenario with someone in high raid gear without wearing it yourself can tend to suck, especially if they are the types to really complain about your gear.

The real solution would be to create raid gear in such a way as to only really be of benefit while raiding, but just as useful as other gear while in non-raids.

If raid gear is for raiding, then why do you need its benefits in non-raids?

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

WoW = Gear Grind

Nothing more, nothing less.

Want proof?  Remove all gear from the game... see who continues to play it.

No one!

Now that is a "deep" game.  Emerse yourself in it.  

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by mysticalspam
    LFR sux... pretty much every one i been in if you win a piece of gear you get  kicked by the people  that lost the roll...

Nobody knows who won unless you link your item in raid chat.

[mod edit]

Apparently you haven't run an LFR since Cataclysm. All loot is individual now, you don't roll against the other people in your raid. You either get loot from the boss or you don't. And no one else in the raid can see if you got an item unless you decide to link it in raid chat.

I was refering to the first quote. Not Shadowguy's.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Another thought on the subject: if I understand correctly, the design intent of the charms was to give people who participated in both open world content and raid content a buff.  So perhaps the first question that should be asked is whether this was a good goal?  Or by having cross-endgame drops do you actually leave people feeling held back within their prefered playstyle?  Is it really a debate over whether the raiding and non-raiding endgames should have been forked completely rather than made more interdependant?
  • SethalosSethalos Member UncommonPosts: 12

People still play WoW...they have far more patience than i do.

First of all IMO the entire loot drop system in WoW is broken and unimaginative. It's a throw back to previous games over 10 years ago such as Everquest/Asheron's Call.

Many new MMO's have drops specifically tailored to the class/level that you are playing. So you don't feel abused by having to run a gazillion instances to get one decent drop. That kind of grind was terrible then, and it's terrible now.

Not to mention the in-fighting it causes in Guilds and Parties when two people need/want the same drop. I've seen epic loot drops ruin Guilds and pit best friends against each other. Then of course to make up for that you have the famous DKP systems and all the variants that do nothing but cause even more anger.

If I run an instance, and I do my part, I would like to be rewarded for it. I would like to have a drop for me, and then maybe a Random drop that anyone can use. I want the drop/loot system to take my character class into consideration and reward me for my efforts and hopefully make me a better character. I want the fun of running instances with my friends based on the INSTANCE...and not have to be concerned with what loot is going to drop, and whether or not I win a roll on it.

World of Warcraft is old and outdated, and those that still play it are gluttons for punishment if you ask me. No content updates, expansions you have to purchase, grinding until your eyes bleed, balance issues, and loot insanity. 

Thank you....no.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Gotta say not seeing a problem here. Looks like they are taking the RNG out of the game which is the best thing ever.

Trust me I am playing a game right now that's way too heavy into RNG for rewards and it's the worst experience ever. GW2. 

We complained about RNG and they decided to give us more RNG as a solution this time tho making it cost another type of currency. the solution for too much RNG =/= more RNG.

I think they are doing the right thing, doesn't matter if these leetists want people to have a harder time getting reward it's all about the needs of the entire community not those leetist few!

• jefslatjefslat Member Posts: 2
    Wading through all of the casual vs hardcore bitching above, I didn't see anyone mention that the current system will drop a piece of loot in your bag that either a) you already have equipped or b) is clearly not an upgrade to your current gear. Only enchanters who need sha crystals benefit from this flaw.
  • ArthalstArthalst Member Posts: 1
    For me I have been having a lot of luck with lfr I just turned 90 3 days ago and now I am raiding ToT just for having great luck with lfr and Timeless Isle I also believe it's based on the number of players in roles like spa you have to fight against 27 other players for loot while healers and tanks fight against 5 and 2 for two full days of raiding I got 11 pieces of raid finder gear which is AMAZING!