Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favorite class in mmorpg game?

Comments

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    I like kind of a jack of all trades. A class that can deal ranged and/or touch magic dmg, use a sword, wear heavy armor, and can self heal. I usually settle for a type of Spellsword though, since you don't really find a sword/magic user with some healing ability. Some Paladins have some ranged holy dmg spells, but not usually.
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Don't know if I have a standard class choice, for me it depends on the game really. Here are some of my faves

Vanguard - Blood mage = Hands down one of the best classes ever in my mind

WoW - Holly Paladin heal bot =  Just loved the fact I could have a healer with a shed load of armour

LOTRO - Sword and Staff Lore Master = Gandalf as f$%k!

Tor - Jedi Knight Tank = Was only ever going to play this class

Age Of Boring - Herald Of Xotli = The games one redeaming feature for me. Loved that class.

Anarchy Online - Engineer = Was late to the game, rolled an engi as my first class. After a random vet pulled me aside and twinked me out  I fell in love with the class, the game and the community.

SWG - Smuggler = Was late for this one as well, my second mmorpg. Never played it before the NGE but loved it all the same. Getting my YT-1300 was one my proudest moments in gaming.

• ravencultravencult Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I always play a stealthy assassin or a mage with dark magic dots and pets(necromancer/warlock or whatever is called in every game).
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Dude with the bow is usually me.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Typically melee with magic dps, like Death Knight/Paladin.
  • vadess40vadess40 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    So far, my favourite class in MMORPG are the fighters, preferrably melee DPS as I like being the one who just charges into battle and plays havoc at it. 
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Heals + buffs
  • Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Melee first and foremost.  Dps and tank.  Prefer 2 hand weapons and heavy armor.  But, I like a stabby stabby rogue as well.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Heals + buffs

If you are planning on playing Wildstar and/or ESO.  We should be friends ;)

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    Personally, I like the healers that can also deal damage for questing. It's nice to be great utility in a group AND be able to progress in a game.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    I like tanking or a melee support/off heals role.
    Aion: chanter
    DAoC: VW, Bard, Cham
    WoW: Healadin,

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Hybrid melee.magic type with a 2H sword or 2H axe.  Something like a DeathKnight or a SwordMage.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• NamelessCNamelessC Member UncommonPosts: 26
    High risk high reward classes. I am guessing it should be thief. In GW2 I was a elementalist with dual dagger.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Hybrid melee.magic type with a 2H sword or 2H axe.  Something like a DeathKnight or a SwordMage.

i personally prefer to make my own class with a mix of stuff from several standard classes but this type is my favorite the BattleMage type if you will

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

AO,all of them,well maybe not keepers.

extra points for Traders,crippling their enemies in to worthless mices at lower levels.

Let's internet

• khavu11khavu11 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Hands down the Monk class. Specifically the one from Ragnorak Online. Being able to press hotkeys in a sequence to form different kinds of chain combos depending on what skill you use was SOOOO sick. It's a bit depressing for me nowadays because I have yet to find a monk or well, just a class that could somewhat replicate this style of play.

Also, ASURA STRIKE, nuff said.

• PadieuPadieu Member Posts: 40

Before I am into range class and spellcasted, I like it because I can attack at long range but of course as time goes by I got bore if it. So I am into Close range class now like Guardian or warrior.  at first i am not used to it because I get huge damage from being so close when I attacked but it's fun because I am now really must focus so i don't die easily.

But in granado espada since i get a chance to control different class I felt like I am so flexible :) 

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281

I play a warrior tank in shiny armor with a sword and shield. There's nothing like absorbing damage and protecting the squishies in your party while downing a beer at the keyboard!

I would add a third category to your "physical v. magical" characterization. I would add "spiritual" to those. I believe a Paladin would fall into this category, as would Priests and "Evil" type dark magic characters. These are characters that derive their powers, not from the "elements" but from a higher power. This may be splitting hairs, but I think it could qualify as separate from "magic".

• VilariusBlightVilariusBlight Member Posts: 6

It really depends on the game. 

For example in WoW I played a Mage, in EQ2 I played a Necromancer, in Guild Wars 2 I played a thief, in TERA I played a Berserker.  

If I had to pick one....I'd go with the sneaky rogue-like classes. 

• BulutBulut Member Posts: 2
    Dragon.
  • DarkGulrakDarkGulrak Member UncommonPosts: 6
    The Barbarian in DDO. A melee monster DPS and a end game Tank. Mine was a Warforged as well :)
  • GreezGreez Member Posts: 103

My usual go-to is a ranged class: archers, hunters, rangers. Pets optional.

I also have a fondness for hybrid classes, such as shamen.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Originally posted by Lexin
    I tend to go with melee DPS.

Ditto, that or range weapon damage, so rogue is more my thing, though I often end up as a tank cus people can't tank for shit, that or role a healer cus of the same reason >_>

imageimage

• aspectofgoreaspectofgore Member Posts: 17
    I like to play classes with high hp regen, like death knight in wow, but anything works as long as you can stack hp

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Anti-paladins