Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow look at Runescape 3

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/08/runescape-3-colour-your-world/

can this be real? 

Nice graphics boost. But what updates to gameplay would old fans of Runescape want?

i hear talk about this new World Event system that allow players to change the world. Well after playing Rift and GW2, I know how fun doing events can be as a collective. Problem usually comes in the design and limits of events and population.

but runescape being a huge sandbox, feels more like a THEMEPARK for the free players with sandbox elements for the sub players. 

I honestly would like them to make the free game more sandbox this time around. 

Also subs are a dying concept. I wouldn't mind buying loaded expansions to unlock gameplay features like GW1 did, but not sub. Because for this free game, once you stop subbing you lose assess to all those sandbox things you built up. And that's an uncomfortable feeling.

but back to the update. What new features would you like to see added to Runescape 3?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Huh, I didn't even realize there was a runescape 2.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Huh, I didn't even realize there was a runescape 2.

It's an easy mistake to make. Jagex released RuneScape 2 in 2004, it is the 3D one most are used to playing. RuneScape 2 was rebranded RuneScape and the original was renamed RuneScape Classic. Classic stopped development back in 2004 once RS2 released and is only available to players who had an account at the time or played during specific time periods afterward, otherwise it is inaccessible. 

Classic is pushed into the very far reaches of the RuneScape website, and since RS2 is named RuneScape, most people don't even know the previous version ever existed.

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    I'm a tad excited. I'm not 100% sure if it's been announced or not, but I'm hoping it gets rid of the point-and-click movement, or to at least allow WASD movement.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by fernetek
    I'm a tad excited. I'm not 100% sure if it's been announced or not, but I'm hoping it gets rid of the point-and-click movement, or to at least allow WASD movement.

That won't be happening - Confirmed by a J-Mod 

A Day/Night cycle will not be happening either sadly.

#Fixed My Post

#Happy Time 4MMOExposed

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Seeing how they messed up Runescape, no, I'm not excited at all.

I returned to the old school (2007) servers, but since Jagex is biased in the way they word the polls that decide changes to old school servers, I quit, and quit for the last time.

Old school servers were their last chance to do thing right, they couldn't do it...

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    i liked the game beforehand. quit back in '08 after like 5 years because I couldn't deal with all the updates and them wowifying (not that that is bad, just not the direction I wanted runescape to head in) things. 
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    i was hoping for some font size control at least with RS3 and the new UI but it doesnt look like its happening. and that tiny font is/was the ONLY reason I dont play Runescape. the fonts at all reso's are so small and hard on my eyes that its a deal breaker.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by xer0id
    Originally posted by fernetek
    >
    >
    That won't be happening - Confirmed by a J-Mod  :( Nor will a Day/Night cycle =(

Your sig fits how I feel about this quote...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Your sig fits how I feel about this quote...

Haha!

I accidentally clicked into the quote box, and it wouldn't let me type out of it! :(

#Bug

Glad my sigs can be useful =)

Just wish I would of stayed on to make a quicker reply!

#Monkey C Monkie DERP