Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Arcane Saga: The Relaunch Will Be Something Special

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NetMarble recently announced that it had gained ownership of Prius Online. In addition to rebranding Prius as Arcane Saga, the NetMarble team has a ton of changes and exciting times in store for players. Check out our exclusive interview with Jon-Enée “Neume” Merriex to find out more! Head to the comments to discuss Arcane Saga when you're finished!

MMORPG: Congratulations on the return of Arcane Saga to the North American market. Can you tell us what it is like to bring the game back?

Jon-Enée “Neume” Merriex: It’s a crazy and wild ride. We’ve been pouring over pages and pages of changes and pages and pages of feedback from the original release. We’re excited to bring an improved version of the game after spending a lot of time evaluating the feedback from players. We think they’re going to really enjoy what’s in store for them.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Arcane Saga: The Relaunch Will Be Something Special.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Well if the character "Immaguy" is any indication of what male characters look like in the game then I'm sure you're going to make a killing selling "Testosterone Pills" if they are sold in the cash shop.

Ratero.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    no word on making the gameplay smoother. Back at Gpotato the game needed more polish (movement, combat, etc felt heavy and not very smooth)

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I actually enjoyed this game (not as my main, mind you). I still kinda miss "Punky" (my Anima). Looking forward to getting back into this one.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I had quite a bit of fun with this game. In the beginning the animations bothered me, but honestly I just kept wanting to play for some reason.
  • kaiserxxxkaiserxxx Member UncommonPosts: 17

"NetMarble recently announced that it had gained ownership of Prius Online"

Wait, wasn't NetMarble supposed to be the developper of Prius Online?

Im kinda lost there....

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by kaiserxxx

Im kinda lost there....

Maybe they licensed it out, and got the license back after the other publisher no longer wanted it?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

You might want to change the Arcane Saga icon to no longer say "Prius Online".

I also wonder what Toyota thought about the game.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Rhonen

Well if the character "Immaguy" is any indication of what male characters look like in the game then I'm sure you're going to make a killing selling "Testosterone Pills" if they are sold in the cash shop.

Ratero.

Holy shit, that IS supposed to be a guy! Fuck this game... fuck it to death.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by ironhelix

Ratero.

You can make other male characters that look more manly. That race isn't supposed to be super manly. The race is described as being "graceful and elegant." Basically it heavily hints that they are supposed to be more feminine. I actually liked that they made a race like this as it makes it seem like they are trying to get a bigger variety of players in their game :)

Smile

Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by ironhelix

Ratero.

You can make other male characters that look more manly. That race isn't supposed to be super manly. The race is described as being "graceful and elegant." Basically it heavily hints that they are supposed to be more feminine. I actually liked that they made a race like this as it makes it seem like they are trying to get a bigger variety of players in their game :)

if you say so.... However, when I play a male character I want to look like a male character, not a female crossdresser who hasn't got a clue on how to dress like a male.  That character "Immaguy" is basically wearing black nylons, a cod piece that hides his cod and his chest armor is just big enough to hide "his" "breasts".

Personally, that one screen shot alone would put me off from even looking into this game further than this one article.

Ratero.

• GGrimmGGrimm Member Posts: 49

Ratero.

Asian MMO: Where the females look like young girls with breast implants and the men look like... young girls without breast implants.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I try the beta, its pretty cool.
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

"Re-launches rarely happen"

That's a lie. Generick Korean MMO's get closed down and then re-launched as a "sequel" all the time.

Originally posted by Etherignis
    I try the beta, its pretty cool.

^ Asian player....

Just guessing mind you.....

Ratero.

• MiviMivi Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by kaiserxxx

Im kinda lost there....

the game was closed for contractual problems. aka, developers want more controls on what gpotato was doing, gpotato negate it, they fight over and the game was closed.

• MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    has anyone figured out witch of the two servers are world pvp?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    And right now you can level to 25 in hours!  Skip the grind! 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre