Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM officially OKs Autoloot Macro

2»

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    So... you have any issue with someone using a similar program go instabank items? How about a similar program to help thieves? As I said. If SV supports this it should be built into the game. Its odd that a company would support using third party programs to bypass game mechanics.

Well, a thief will want to choose what to steal usually so why would they use something like this? I have never as a thief picked more then 2-3 things that is usefull.  People in MO don't run around with tons of valuables on them. They are paranoid as f*ck. So once again. A none issue.

It's not built in, but they allow people to use macroes. What's the big deal? They have more urgent issues to adress then to implement something like this now or before. Sure, somewhere down the road they might actually put in a "full loot" option that can be turned off and on. But right now they haven't. And people are allowed to use macroes in game. You don't have to like it. You don't have to play it. But it's there for every1 that DOES play it to choose if they wanna use it or not. You don't have to bother with this since you don't play. So just relax.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    Originally posted by Wizardry

There is no problem with it what so ever,in real life,it's not like your going to need to tell yourself.."Ok Dude you better go over there and loot that".The only problem that can exist is if you start getting crap you don't want,so then you have to manually toss it.If it was realistic you wouldn't have picked it up in the first place,just to toss it.

Since it really can never be a perfect system,i see no problem ,no matter how a game does it.The best option i have seen to date was in SRO,they  allowed you to tick off i think was three choices of type of item to keep or not.So example you would tick off you want to keep ALL gold,ALL gear but no mats.Or gold and then normal or HQ items.

yea that will eventually be the outcome, were they have an autoloot scriptthat can detect the difference between pixels on screen to only loot specific items like swords gold helmets.

I'm no expert at this. But I think what your talking bout is using a 3d party program for pixel detection (like a aimbot), and those I think are NOT allowed and would lead to you being banned if used. There is a big difference between using a simple macro using something like AutoHotkey, or using a 3d party program for pixel detection... Not even the same ball park. 

Edit. Well apperantly AutoHotkey can use pixel detection. That's what a "expert" I was. :P But still the only difference here is that you would loot 3 objects (according to the guy in the link) in a second, rather then around the 4 seconds it would take to drag them manually. And having a pixel detection, for a sword or something, would only mean that you would loot those 3 objects you want 2-3 seconds faster. But I don't think a program for pixel detection is allowed. He speaks of a macro that just drags 1-3 object to your bag faster then dragging it manually.

i highly doubt sv would accurately be able to tell the difference between the 2

they only allow this sort of behavior because they know they have no way of stopping them doing it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

There is no problem with it what so ever,in real life,it's not like your going to need to tell yourself.."Ok Dude you better go over there and loot that".The only problem that can exist is if you start getting crap you don't want,so then you have to manually toss it.If it was realistic you wouldn't have picked it up in the first place,just to toss it. Since it really can never be a perfect system,i see no problem ,no matter how a game does it.The best option i have seen to date was in SRO,they  allowed you to tick off i think was three choices of type of item to keep or not.So example you would tick off you want to keep ALL gold,ALL gear but no mats.Or gold and then normal or HQ items.

yea that will eventually be the outcome, were they have an autoloot scriptthat can detect the difference between pixels on screen to only loot specific items like swords gold helmets.

I'm no expert at this. But I think what your talking bout is using a 3d party program for pixel detection (like a aimbot), and those I think are NOT allowed and would lead to you being banned if used. There is a big difference between using a simple macro using something like AutoHotkey, or using a 3d party program for pixel detection... Not even the same ball park. 

Edit. Well apperantly AutoHotkey can use pixel detection. That's what a "expert" I was. :P But still the only difference here is that you would loot 3 objects (according to the guy in the link) in a second, rather then around the 4 seconds it would take to drag them manually. And having a pixel detection, for a sword or something, would only mean that you would loot those 3 objects you want 2-3 seconds faster. But I don't think a program for pixel detection is allowed. He speaks of a macro that just drags 1-3 object to your bag faster then dragging it manually.

they only allow this sort of behavior because they know they have no way of stopping them doing it.

These macros can also be made to only loot certain items or only ones you select. Saving you ghd time for manually dragging it. Again, if this is the intent it should happen in game not via 3rd party autohotkey bypassing game mechanics.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

There is no problem with it what so ever,in real life,it's not like your going to need to tell yourself.."Ok Dude you better go over there and loot that".The only problem that can exist is if you start getting crap you don't want,so then you have to manually toss it.If it was realistic you wouldn't have picked it up in the first place,just to toss it.

Since it really can never be a perfect system,i see no problem ,no matter how a game does it.The best option i have seen to date was in SRO,they  allowed you to tick off i think was three choices of type of item to keep or not.So example you would tick off you want to keep ALL gold,ALL gear but no mats.Or gold and then normal or HQ items.

These macros can also be made to only loot certain items or only ones you select. Saving you ghd time for manually dragging it. Again, if this is the intent it should happen in game not via 3rd party autohotkey bypassing game mechanics.

Well, let's say they can't catch someone that does it. The only benefit he would have is getting the things he wants a few seconds faster. I don't like if some1 uses something that ain't allowed. I'm not sure how it would be in a case like this. But even if they would get by SV and use something that is illegal, the benefits from looting a few objects 2-3 seconds faster then dragging it yourself will have minimal effects on the actuall gameplay.

But that has nothing to do with SV allowing people to use macroes in their game. People will use exploits in every game out there, from sandboxes like MO and DFUW to themeparks like Neverwinter and WoW. But I don't see anything wrong with SV allowing people to use a simple macro for looting/dragging some objects a few seconds faster to their bag. Them allowing that, and if used as the OP of that thread intended and as I've mentioned in this thread before, won't be a issue. And people that wanna cheat and use programs to get by things like this, would do it either way.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Yet another display of how bad they are at what they're doing. It just keeps getting worse and worse.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    And people that wanna cheat and use programs to get by things like this, would do it either way.

So your solution to hacking and cheating would be to just allow it?

Originally posted by Biskop
    And people that wanna cheat and use programs to get by things like this, would do it either way.

So your solution to hacking and cheating would be to just allow it?

Err, where did I say that I wanna allow it? I only said that people that wanna cheat would do it either way. And will do it either way. Like they do in every MMO. Hopefully they will get caught when they do it. Like I hope all cheaters get caught in every game. I only said that cheating in this case, with using pixel detection etc to loot the things you want, a few seconds faster, then to drag the 1-3 objects manually, from looting in for example a PVP fight, is minimum. I hope they get caught if they use illegal programs, but IF they slip through the net, the benefits of such a cheat ain't that big in this looting case. And cheaters and hackers will do their thing even if SV allows simple macroes for their game. They have nothing to do with each other. SV either allows it, like they do now, or change it to no macroes at all. As it is now, they do allow it. Some likes it, some don't. But they are at least open with it.

This discussion has been closed.