Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better than ArcheAge ?

MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169
Im just wondering what you guys think.  I mean to me  IMHO it looks a lot better than ArcheAge, only 2 things it doesnt seem to have that  I like in ArcheAge are ships and kites ... other wise it sounds pretty solid and im a bit excited for its release.

Comments

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Archeage "steam carts" are a huge turn off.... (for me)

However there isnt enough info at this point to make the determination if Black Desert will be better.. (to me)

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    It looks simply amazing thus far... supposed to be a sandbox too.  Archeage with motor vehicles is like WoW with the chopper... okay if you like spoofs, but I'm not looking to play a comedy.
  • MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169
    Im really wondering, it says EST REL 2013 ... is that for North America or Asia markets ???   There is basically no info on their Official Site, just the video's.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I'm hoping it's nothing like AA, atleast nothing like AA's leveling system. I just can't bare another quest to level cap game.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

How can anyone make this call since AA is still in the East, and BD is not even in Alpha yet with any real pics or videos released??

Stop trying to stir the trolls!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Black Desert looks better then ArcheAge that's for sure. Either way I am really looking forward to both games.
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by General-Zod

Archeage "steam carts" are a huge turn off.... (for me)

However there isnt enough info at this point to make the determination if Black Desert will be better.. (to me)

/thread

From what little I've seen of Black Desert, I'm excited to see more.

I have not, however, seen enough to make a purchasing decision. And that means that there isn't NEARLY enough info to start any sort of comparison thread.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by pmiles
    It looks simply amazing thus far... supposed to be a sandbox too.  Archeage with motor vehicles is like WoW with the chopper... okay if you like spoofs, but I'm not looking to play a comedy.

Gaming is srsbsns.  No smiling or laughing allowed, right?

If there's one feature of a game that prevents you from playing that game, whether it's motorcycles, silly creatures, or steam carts, WHATEVER it is, if it's one feature that makes you skip the game, then closed-mindedness is at fault.  Not the game.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Just on a graphical level and based on footage, I'd say they are one in the same. Sandbox of player owned and built structures that create an economy and a conflict system.

Simple things will define them. FFA being the only one really worth mentioning.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see one be FFA the other be flagged FFA. Both groups of gamers would have their choice and both would thrive accordingly.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

If there's one feature of a game that prevents you from playing that game, whether it's motorcycles, silly creatures, or steam carts, WHATEVER it is, if it's one feature that makes you skip the game, then closed-mindedness is at fault.  Not the game.

or a different set of taste and aesthetics. Which you didn't take account for so isn't that being closed minded? Or at least not aware that this might actually matter to some people.

In any case, I agree with him. I dont' like how Archeage "blends" it's fantasy with the steam punk. I think it's sloppy and "to my taste" aesthetically distracting.

I'll just wait to see what black desert offers.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Mischiff
    Im just wondering what you guys think.  I mean to me  IMHO it looks a lot better than ArcheAge, only 2 things it doesnt seem to have that  I like in ArcheAge are ships and kites ... other wise it sounds pretty solid and im a bit excited for its release.

Hello OP, I can't back this up with facts, but considering that they've announced trade routes and a dynamic economy and that they have a weather system that can actually place marine typhoons and storms I'm sure that ships will in some way be implemented.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

Some people just can't handle things that are meant to be funny or silly. It's almost as if people will go out of their way to find something wrong..

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Graphics? Maybe. Everything else? Who knows at this point. ArcheAge is currently going through open beta in Japan and has been released in South Korea since early this year. I'm hoping ArcheAge is released sometime early next year, I doubt TRION will release the game this year. Black Desert is going to take quite a while I think.

http://steparu.com/news/closed-beta/1271-black-desert-cbt-delayed

Black Desert Online got hit with a pretty big delay. Closed beta won't start in South Korea till Fall, assuming no other hiccups arise. I find it highly unlikely that Black Desert will be released here in the West this year. I could potentially see a late 2014/early 2015 release.