Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A grand grouping idea

ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Tired of the MMO in an RPG and finding out you can solo 99% of the leveling content?

This is a huge mistake, in my humble opinion, because if we wanted to solo RPG we'd be in Skyrim (or some other such grand RPG title).  How do we inspire players who enjoy team work and the social mechanisms that should by default be included in this industry?

Simply add 10% bonus group xp for each player that joins a group.  Bob gets normal xp solo, but once he invites Ted, he and Ted are both earning an extra 10%.

Once all 5, 8, or what have you, slots are filled, immediately boost the xp to 100% bonus.  This simple fix will ensure that players will get picked up all day and all night long.  Groups will ALWAYS be looking for more players to adventure with.

Such a simple fix to the humdrum of solo play online games these days. 

Comments

• It's faceroll easy to level in neverwinter. Who cares about experience gain?
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I like this idea 100% may be to much but it would be nice to have some reasons to group up in games
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I don't disagree with adding this feature in a game, but people who solo have other considerations.

I loved the group aspect of MMOs when I first started playing, but lately Ive been playing solo more and more.  The reason simply is one of time.  In many games, not specifically Neverwinter, it takes long enough to get a group and then someone needs to answer the phone or talk to his wife or take out the dog.  Okay, now everyone is ready to go.  Oops,  our healer just got disconnected.  Lets wait for him to relog.   Ready?   We start the content and inevitably 10 minutes to 30 minutes in and someone needs to leave due to an emergency.  For all I know it really is an emergency but annoying just the same.  Now we spend 10 or 15 minutes, if we are fortunate, trying to find a replacement.  Good to go again.  I've never done this before, can you explain this dungeon to me?  Okay, lets make sure everyone knows what to do in here.  Back to the action.  We are going over an hour now and starting to get late.  Some of these dungeons just never seem to end.   See my point.

Often I just don't have the time for all this.  When I was younger it wasn't such a big deal spending the time with a group. Nowadays, I find the ability to hop in and out of a game much more enjoyable.  I will  try to group if I find myself with a huge chunk of time but often even this I regret.  And Neverwinter?   I never group in this game.  I loathe the group dynamics in this game and gave up around lvl 35 or so.  

• ChrispyChrisChrispyChris Member Posts: 27

You know what this reminds me of? 

"GLF Monk for THK 7/8" 

I agree that grouping should be promoted in MMORPGs and especially in Neverwinter, coming from the D&D background and lore as it does. Soloing just sorta feels cheap if you've spent time playing pen and paper campaigns or well... DDO. 

Giving a big EXP boost would harm Neverwinter unless XP gain is reduced overall. As it is, even soloing you skip content because you overlevel. 

Something like a Party boost that has a combination +Magic Find, +XP, +gold, maybe even small increase in stats based on the number of players would be very welcome. Up to maybe 10% with a full party? Would be a big enough boost to make people want it, but not big enough to make it the only way to play. 

As for myself, I prefer soloing, mainly because I tend to take my time.