Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPGs on Playstation 4

1235»

Comments

• BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    Praetalus where did you see the leak that EQ Next is coming to PS4? I saw something that it would have a presence as part of Sony Online Entertainment's E3 stuff but nothing on PS4.

I totally believe it will be on PS4 but haven't seen any clear leaks.. really hope it happens :)
  • silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

i think FFXIV will be in PS4 and XBox One..

in PS4 because Sony have a % of Square-Enix company and with the game already out, probably the cost is too low compared with probably income.

XBox One probably will have easy port from Windows plataform to Xbox.. so there are some chances too to see this game on Microsoft NextGen Console

And the best part is that FFXIV was designed to be played on PC and Console.. is not a forced port to a console... they made a different User Interface for these who want to play with Pad on PC and to play in PS3... that is really a great point compared to other games...

Except that sony shares are so low it is insignifcant in the grandscheme of things NOT only that but it certainly did not help them when microsoft was getting all those exclusives well a couple of of them but still.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Bidwood
    For $750 I can build something like a FX8350 with a 7950hd that easily out performs a ps4

In theory; however.. in real life things don't work that way. The issue isn't always just the hardware. It's the software. It's the difference in developing a game for a specific set of hardware verses making a game for a PC where you have to make the game scalable to a million different combinations of hardware and software configurations. Making a game work with multiple Operating systems, video cards, processors' etc appears to be a big pain in the ass. 

It doesn't appear because it is. You can ever truly optomize Pc games for the wide variety of hardwards and drivers that exist. I once read an comment made by John Carmack that said PC drivers are the biggest reason PC games can not be optimized.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Bidwood
    Praetalus where did you see the leak that EQ Next is coming to PS4? I saw something that it would have a presence as part of Sony Online Entertainment's E3 stuff but nothing on PS4.

I totally believe it will be on PS4 but haven't seen any clear leaks.. really hope it happens :)

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1952233/sonys_e3_2013_lineup_leaked_with_ps4_ps3_games.html

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

"Unity Engine Headed to PlayStation Platforms"
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/unity-engine-headed-to-playstation-platforms

Does this increase the likelihood? Any MMOs built on Unity?

If I recall SoE said they are developing their own engine from ground up, a cross platform engine. So as I understand it, they aren't going to use the Unity engine for the game itself.

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by Bidwood Praetalus where did you see the leak that EQ Next is coming to PS4? I saw something that it would have a presence as part of Sony Online Entertainment's E3 stuff but nothing on PS4. I totally believe it will be on PS4 but haven't seen any clear leaks.. really hope it happens :)
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1952233/sonys_e3_2013_lineup_leaked_with_ps4_ps3_games.html

Thanks but this doesn't explicitly state EQN will be a PS4 game, just that Sony is "expected" to show the game in some form.

They already committed to revealing the game at Sony Online Entertainment Live 2013 in August. Smedley reaffirmed this on Twitter today, probably to address the rumours:

John Smedley ?@j_smedley 4h
    very excited to show EQN at SOE Live pic.twitter.com/57sy1JnXGg

But I could see them showing a brief teaser trailer where they reveal EQN will be cross-platform on PC and PS4. And that they'd love for everyone to join them at SOE Live in August for the full reveal. ;)

Originally posted by kjempff

Originally posted by Bidwood "Unity Engine Headed to PlayStation Platforms" http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/unity-engine-headed-to-playstation-platforms Does this increase the likelihood? Any MMOs built on Unity?
    If I recall SoE said they are developing their own engine from ground up, a cross platform engine. So as I understand it, they aren't going to use the Unity engine for the game itself.

Sonly Online Entertainment (SOE) developed the Forgelight engine which is going to be used for all their MMOs going forward. Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) produces the Playstation platform and is a separate branch from SOE. They're supporting Unity on PS4 for third-party developers, which is meant to make it easier for them to develop games. I see this really appealing to indies, and potentially MMO developers. =)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by Bidwood Praetalus where did you see the leak that EQ Next is coming to PS4? I saw something that it would have a presence as part of Sony Online Entertainment's E3 stuff but nothing on PS4. I totally believe it will be on PS4 but haven't seen any clear leaks.. really hope it happens :)

Thanks but this doesn't explicitly state EQN will be a PS4 game, just that Sony is "expected" to show the game in some form.

They already committed to revealing the game at Sony Online Entertainment Live 2013 in August. Smedley reaffirmed this on Twitter today, probably to address the rumours:

John Smedley ?@j_smedley 4h
    very excited to show EQN at SOE Live pic.twitter.com/57sy1JnXGg

But I could see them showing a brief teaser trailer where they reveal EQN will be cross-platform on PC and PS4. And that they'd love for everyone to join them at SOE Live in August for the full reveal. ;)

Originally posted by Bidwood "Unity Engine Headed to PlayStation Platforms" http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/unity-engine-headed-to-playstation-platforms Does this increase the likelihood? Any MMOs built on Unity?

Sonly Online Entertainment (SOE) developed the Forgelight engine which is going to be used for all their MMOs going forward. Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) produces the Playstation platform and is a separate branch from SOE. They're supporting Unity on PS4 for third-party developers, which is meant to make it easier for them to develop games. I see this really appealing to indies, and potentially MMO developers. =)

One would wonder with the new architecture of the PS4 being so PC friendly why the game wouldn't be on both. I guess you're correct, there is obviously nothing concrete, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

"Unity Engine Headed to PlayStation Platforms"
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/unity-engine-headed-to-playstation-platforms

Does this increase the likelihood? Any MMOs built on Unity?

The engine already exists its the planetside 2 engine

It's happening!

Elder Scrolls Online will be on ps4.

Thus is huge... Planetside 2 as well. I'm confident SOE will tease EQ Next for it too during E3 :D
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Ralstlin i think FFXIV will be in PS4 and XBox One.. in PS4 because Sony have a % of Square-Enix company and with the game already out, probably the cost is too low compared with probably income. XBox One probably will have easy port from Windows plataform to Xbox.. so there are some chances too to see this game on Microsoft NextGen Console And the best part is that FFXIV was designed to be played on PC and Console.. is not a forced port to a console... they made a different User Interface for these who want to play with Pad on PC and to play in PS3... that is really a great point compared to other games...
    I'm really hoping that is true - and I'm really hoping they unveil at E3 that Xbox One can play PC games too.

Long shot, I know, but hopefully at least when they release FFXIV for PS4/XBO if you own the PC or PS3 version you can download and play for free on PS4/XBO.

Square Enix wanted to release FF14 on Xbox but Microsoft wanted a cut of the monthly fee and would not allow Xbox users on cross platform servers.

Square Enix said No.

Final Fantasy 14 will not be released on Xbox One until Microsoft stops being Microsoft.