Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sith Sorcerer Solo DPS Question

I'm thinking of going back to SWTOR as a lightning-spec sorcerer.  In solo DPS situations, do they still have to send in their tank and keep healing him as he beats down mobs?  Or can they let loose with damage?

Thanks!

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Vigg
    I'm thinking of going back to SWTOR as a lightning-spec sorcerer.  In solo DPS situations, do they still have to send in their tank and keep healing him as he beats down mobs?  Or can they let loose with damage?

Thanks!

if you are geared you wont even need a companion to solo honestly. but i have a madness sorc and i never send in my comp first and he can still get aggro.

even when i was in a FP and our tank left so my comp tanked, i didnt have to send him in first.

but i would suggest getting cybertech as a crew skill and keeping you and your tank geared and it wont matter.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    I run with a melee dps companion on my Jedi Sage (sorcerer counterpart). I just throw a shield on her first then send her in. My Sage is a fun class to simply play.  
  • DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

If you stay geared you pretty much can solo mobs 4 levels higher than you pretty easy with minimal to no healing...but that depends on how many mobs you take on at once, how many elites are in the group and your attack rotation.  

as for the companions, the tanks hold aggro extremely well and even if they are taking a beating, lightning tree has enough damage output to kill all mobs before your companion dies...so only time I ever need to heal my companion is in boss fights.  Overall though the lightning/telekinetic tree probably has the best burst damage in the game....Probably only Engineer/Saboteur build's (Imp Agent/Gunslinger) can compare or do more burst damage....but I find those builds take longer to setup the procs compared to sorc/sage....