Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anything changed with item degradation?

When I played DAoC your gear lost durability points (or something - I can't remember) but you could repair the gear. The problem was that eventually, the gear would wear down so far that it could never be repaired again and be permanently broken. Is this still how it is in DAoC? Thanks in advance for any useful info. :)

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528

Yes, but there have been a few changes. Artifacts can always be repaired I think. I have never heard of anyone at 50 having to replace a suit of armor either. If anything the complaints I hear are from crafters wanting the rate to be increased because there is really no need to have gear replaced. As it is, when leveling I use armor 20+ levels higher so I do not need to replace it that often and I have yet to have anything wear out from loss of durability.

• DrAtomicDrAtomic Member Posts: 281

Yes, it is still here but toned down a lot. For instance my blademaster has 124 days played (2976 realtime hours, *ouch*) and has wore an item down beyond repairs.

One exception... If you use armor/weapons that con purple to you at your current level... Those will degrade fast. Level 51 items for a level 31 toon is a very very bad idea. You'll end up paying a lot of money by having it repaired plus gear that high up sometimes even gets you negative bonusses and certainly not the amount of bonusses you could get from using orange/red armor.

• ArghosODFArghosODF Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Vorthrax

When I played DAoC your gear lost durability points (or something - I can't remember) but you could repair the gear. The problem was that eventually, the gear would wear down so far that it could never be repaired again and be permanently broken. Is this still how it is in DAoC? Thanks in advance for any useful info. :)

Another change that's been made is that the Epic level 50 armor you get at level 45 and all ToA artifacts have had durability deactivated, thus they never wear out. Artifacts are crazy expensive to repair however, which can really hurt if you don't keep up with them.