Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: Petition to Revive Endorsed by Garriott

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A fan petition to bring back Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa as a free to play title has been endorsed by the man himself. The note from the petitioners says it all. 

I am asking for full support in our endless effort to bring back Tabula Rasa. Such game as that DESERVES TO BE FREE TO PLAY as every other piece of junk there has a chance to be playable and it's not worth downloading it sometimes. Please , I beg of You - alone I can do nothing.  Support me and our cause of our team to bring back this long dead but still the best game ever existed.

Here is proof of Richard Garriot's support towards my petition. Here is the petition link it self .  Thank you in advance! Only together we can succeed. Alone this petition is destined to be forgotten and last spark of hope all this years of trying and convincing and asking for help from Richard will be in vain. 

Head to the links above to sign the petition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    I really doubt this petition will go anywhere, but I'd enjoy the chance to play TR again.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeah NCmmokillersoft would just put u on the ignore list.
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

I loved this game. I have dogtags, a figurine and a goodbye card signed by all the devs. It would be nice to go back to Foreas.

However, after playing Firefall for the past 9 months I can't go back to dice roll combat. Not in an F/TPS game.  Still..we had some sweet times. Mostly because we pretty involved devs. As F2P I fear what I loved would be lost in the effort to make it a viable business. Who knows. 

I need a tissue.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    This game died fair and square.  It shouldn't come back unless it's getting a complete revamp, IMO.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• DarthIxidorDarthIxidor Member Posts: 16
    Doesn't matter, this game was awesome. There are far to many games out there that are nowhere near as good as Tabula Rasa is/was. The game itself was full of remarkable scenery, mechanics, game play, sieges, customization, tech, it was great. There are very few scifi games that come close to this.
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by DarthIxidor
    Doesn't matter, this game was awesome. There are far to many games out there that are nowhere near as good as Tabula Rasa is/was. The game itself was full of remarkable scenery, mechanics, game play, sieges, customization, tech, it was great. There are very few scifi games that come close to this.

It was great, but died?  Apparently not enough people agree with your opinion for it to remain viable. I played it for a short time, and thought it was clunky garbage.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Why not, it was actually a good game.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I guess he's looking for another trip into space and needs more suckers to give him money to pay for it again.
  • M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Live the deed to rest in peace.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Sure, bring back a reloaded/refreshed TR, just do it WITHOUT RG. I'm not investing in another 'Pet' project of his just to watch his attention wander and get pulled elsewhere.
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I'd try it.  It's a vastly different mmo market these days and I think a F2P Tabula would do alright.; One of the big problems I had with it was performance related, which my computer now would take care of.

I would say this game was never fully given a fair chance, would love to see it again, doubt it will happen though.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    This game died fair and square.  It shouldn't come back unless it's getting a complete revamp, IMO.

This.  I started in early CB and it never improved.  It deserved to die.  There are much better pseudo-action MMOs already on the market. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

Good god , out of NCSoft games , City of Heroes deserves to be revived far , far more than this game.

If they shut down a profitable game like City of Heroes , why in the hell would they ever consider TR ?

(just aggravates me as would love to play CoH with my kids who would enjoy it , but nothing out there like it atm and NCSoft shutting down something like it still bothers me)

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Agree was decent game would love to see it come back

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

TR was unique fresh and under-appreciated product that NCSOFT intentionally screwed over. 

I doubt it will go anywhere, but it would be nice to have it back. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 315
    TR was great, I signed and hope for thousands others to do the same
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

TR is outdated and should remain DEAD. Garriot supports the revival cuz he likes the money he gets from it.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Brilliant game idea's and fun in this title that died before it time.

I wouldn't mind this game back as a F2P as well as CoH and Auto Assault.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

TR = Defiance

Reminiscing usually comes standard with rose-tinted glasses. 

Joined - July 2004

• ArkangylGArkangylG Member UncommonPosts: 25

RG would get nothing (pretty sure) if it came back f2p fyi. That aspect is long settled. It would be NCS only getting $.

Firefall, Defiance (not even close to replacing TR and I play both), some others may stand on their own but cannot touch some aspects of TR. It never had a chance to iron out the kinks from being rushed out the door, Some were getting there right when they decided to shutter it which had nothing to do per se with the game and was mostly politics.

For those who want Other NCS games back, that is fine, but TR stands on its own and blows a lot of games away coming out even now. Graphics are even still decent compared to a lot of games. There has not been one game to incorporate all it did (yet). It was like many games and kind of a love or hate thing so I am not surprised to see some preferring it not. However, how would it affect you if it did? It coming back would make a lot of folks happy, and believe me, those who do love TR tend to love it a lot.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    maybe i didnt understand the message but the guy wants the game Free to Play but its associating it with the all the "piece of junk" out there that isnt worth downloading....and RG endorse it anyway.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

too bad the petition couldn't be written by someone who knows english better...

that said i wish them luck.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Tabula Rasa is still better than most of the f2p games out there.  Can't believe they could not make money off it.  

Better game than Defiance any day in the week.

• TilenFirmanTilenFirman Member Posts: 2

Greetings! 

Perhapsh this petition as I've seen stated above will go to nothing. Perhapsh we will never leave Earth. Perhapsh humanity will never leave its cradle. But I created it beacuse I belive that SUM of people can make a difference. I alone , cannot bring back anything. My voice is but one in endless universe of millions so to speak. But with Garriot support and YOUR votes I will be able to confront NCsoft. And more or less its about hope. We didnt try in history to bring it back. No serious attempts. Together we can and we will suceed.

Nice day to everyone , I wish and please do share this with everyone You know played and love TR as we did.

Farewell.