Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideas for difficulty improvements!

Heya!

I'm trying to come up with new ways to make my game more difficult and I'd like some ideas, mainly because the ceative side of my brain has been killed by exams.

All ideas are welcome and I'll show you my own idea to show what kind of challenges I'm looking for.

Only items obtained from Class story quests and purchased items must be used! Items from other quests and mob drops must be sold

I know it sounds rather stupid, but I'm simply trying to make it a more difficult experience! :)

Comments

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

Start over as a new player. New toons. Play the F2P model. Don't pay for anything.

"Difficult" can = Terrible experience in my opinion.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Nothing stupid about it really, you want a different type of experience feel free.

Few things you can try. first off, if you haven't already, drop the companion.  Second treat missions other then the main story missions as one offs, if you succeed great you get the reward, if you fail drop the quest and figure it an outright fail, you don't get the reward at all. Third every time you die (get knocked out) you must start the quest or that segment of the quest all over again from the very beginning.

Mix and match as you want, i'm working on about 10 mins of thought on this one so I may have more idess for you later.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Don't pick an advanced class.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Lower the ability's/skill/armor/weapon that almost make you invincible.

Of course this mainly counts for PVE only.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by whilan

Nothing stupid about it really, you want a different type of experience feel free.

Few things you can try. first off, if you haven't already, drop the companion.  Second treat missions other then the main story missions as one offs, if you succeed great you get the reward, if you fail drop the quest and figure it an outright fail, you don't get the reward at all. Third every time you die (get knocked out) you must start the quest or that segment of the quest all over again from the very beginning.

Mix and match as you want, i'm working on about 10 mins of thought on this one so I may have more idess for you later.

Please keep them coming! I'm certainly going to try without a companion, and I'm trying to flesh out a quest system based on your suggestions. I've also been thinking about discarding any quest rewards, except main story, and consider crafting to be the only source of income!

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Since so many games in general are instanced like SWTOR, time for devs to add player set levels. Easy , Normal and Hardcore ,almost like the raid zones. I kinda tired of playing everything on easy or normal mode, it's become boring.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Well... you can run with naked companion, just for fun of having him/her with you :)... or you can quest naked  aka with no armor... image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    Since so many games in general are instanced like SWTOR, time for devs to add player set levels. Easy , Normal and Hardcore ,almost like the raid zones. I kinda tired of playing everything on easy or normal mode, it's become boring.

People still don't know the difference between a game being instanced and a game having instances.