Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV gives "FREE DAY FOR ALL ACCTS!!!" then takes it back a few hours later....

2»

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by argirop
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    Unlike some people, I usually don't go out of my way to relentlessly bash a game I somewhat dislike for YEARS at a time. I did once post a bunch in the original Darkfall forum because I found fault with aspects of that game. Still, add up all of my posts regarding that game (and any other MMO for that matter) and it doesn't even come close to the number of negative bash threads you have posted for Mortal. What are you at these days? 3000 some Mortal bashing posts? Congratulations. That has got to be some kind of record.

Unfortunately your way is to relentlessly bash anyone that dislikes MO and points its flaws. 1700 some posts bashing others and advertising MO? That has got to be some kind of a record. You see what i did there?

Back to the topic: so due to billing issues Paratus announced that all accounts will be credited with 1 extra day. Then the playerbase abuses that free premium day and then Paratus takes the offer back. I m not impressed. It sounds like MO and SV. Slappy decisions poorly thought and poorly implemented.

This isn't even comparable and you know it. I have 1700 some posts TOTAL across all games that I have ever followed on this website. The vast majority of which are not Mortal-related. Not even close to the same thing, but nice try.

• SekkrahSekkrah Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    Originally posted by Sekkrah
    Unlike some people, I usually don't go out of my way to relentlessly bash a game I somewhat dislike for YEARS at a time. I did once post a bunch in the original Darkfall forum because I found fault with aspects of that game. Still, add up all of my posts regarding that game (and any other MMO for that matter) and it doesn't even come close to the number of negative bash threads you have posted for Mortal. What are you at these days? 3000 some Mortal bashing posts? Congratulations. That has got to be some kind of record.

Unfortunately, after all this time, his posts have completely lost interest for me and I'm sure most others, too.  It's just the same ignorant mindset, over and over.  I mostly skim over his posts now because I know what it's going to say before I even read it.  They're irrelevant because he doesn't even play the game to know what he's talking about any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vDEGnX8CY2Q

just watch this video, it completely sums up the experience of playing mo

Besides the majority of stupid looking bugs there not even being in the game anymore, that actually looked like it was a pretty fun time to me.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Unfortunately, after all this time, his posts have completely lost interest for me and I'm sure most others, too.  It's just the same ignorant mindset, over and over.  I mostly skim over his posts now because I know what it's going to say before I even read it.  They're irrelevant because he doesn't even play the game to know what he's talking about any more.

Besides the majority of stupid looking bugs there not even being in the game anymore, that actually looked like it was a pretty fun time to me.

the game can certainly be fun with friends, but then again just about any game becomes better once you throw a group of friends into it with you. play mo on your own however and that cuts down the enjoyment also. There comes a ponit when playing a game with this many bugs where the bugs become more and more of an issue. Just think how many bugs are in that video and that was filmed over like 2hours of play. imagine how many you would see after 300 hours?

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

the game can certainly be fun with friends, but then again just about any game becomes better once you throw a group of friends into it with you. play mo on your own however and that cuts down the enjoyment also. There comes a ponit when playing a game with this many bugs where the bugs become more and more of an issue. Just think how many bugs are in that video and that was filmed over like 2hours of play. imagine how many you would see after 300 hours?

Well he said most of the bugs in that vid is gone now. Some are not. And one gotta love that you assume that more and more bugs show up in MO the longer you play... Like they just keeps on popping up the longer you play. It's more like you run into some bugs several times before they are delt with. There is bugs in the game, but they aren't a virus that just keeps on getting more and more the longer you play. Let's not get absurd here.

Originally posted by Lahuzer

Well he said most of the bugs in that vid is gone now. Some are not. And one gotta love that you assume that more and more bugs show up in MO the longer you play... Like they just keeps on popping up the longer you play. It's more like you run into some bugs several times before they are delt with. There is bugs in the game, but they aren't a virus that just keeps on getting more and more the longer you play. Let's not get absurd here.

please dont talk to me like i havent played the game, i know for a fact there are bugs still ingame that were ingame at beta.

did they finally fix the loot lag issue?

did they finally fix the desync of clients with over 50 people on screen?

did they finally fix nodelines?

did they finally fix npcs duplicating

or rhe turd prediction which has players disappearing in tunnels and indoor areas?

or the light bug issue?

how about items going invisible in your inventory on occasion?

or the horrible transition from water to land?

or perhaps they fixed the falling through the floor issue?

maybe npcs attacking through walls buildings they fix that?

mobs and pets running along the bottom of the ocean hitting you?

mounts getting stuck on inclines?

waterfalls without any water volume in them?

recieving fall damage for no apparent reason

people exploiting into pallisades?

there just off the top of my head

please dont talk to me like i havent played the game, i know for a fact there are bugs still ingame that were ingame at beta.

or rhe turd prediction which has players disappearing in tunnels and indoor areas?

or the light bug issue?

Some of those are fixed yes. Like items going invisible in inventory. But what you said is that there would pop up shitloads of bugs if they kept on playing for 300 hours. While I said that there is rather old bugs still ingame, some of those you mentioned, that you will run into here and there. But there is not shit tons of new bugs breeding in game all the time like you made it sound.

Edit. Maybe we are talking bout the same thing, while I think you exaggerated it a bit. Bugs are in, but SV has actually begun to adress them slowly but surely. And by the way. This is waaaay outta topic. :P

or the light bug issue?

Some of those are fixed yes. Like items going invisible in inventory. But what you said is that there would pop up shitloads of bugs if they kept on playing for 300 hours. While I said that there is rather old bugs still ingame, some of those you mentioned, that you will run into here and there. But there is not shit tons of new bugs breeding in game all the time like you made it sound.

Edit. Maybe we are talking bout the same thing, while I think you exaggerated it a bit. Bugs are in, but SV has actually begun to adress them slowly but surely. And by the way. This is waaaay outta topic. :P

say you find 30 bugs in 2 hours of running around hardly understanding the game, this game has alot of bugs in it and the more features you get involved with and time you spend ingame the more of those bugs will be revealed to you. play 30seconds its unlikley you will see a bug, play 1000 hours chances are you will have seen a hell of a lot.

also often bugs return in a patch that were previously removed in a past patch their approach to bug fixing is like whack a mole

or the light bug issue?

say you find 30 bugs in 2 hours of running around hardly understanding the game, this game has alot of bugs in it and the more features you get involved with and time you spend ingame the more of those bugs will be revealed to you. play 30seconds its unlikley you will see a bug, play 1000 hours chances are you will have seen a hell of a lot.

also often bugs return in a patch that were previously removed in a past patch their approach to bug fixing is like whack a mole

But there ain't THAT many bugs. You wont keep finding "30" bugs every 2 hours you play. Get real.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Can we stay on topic here please?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Can we stay on topic here please?

Actually agree with you here Slappy...

But I dare Argirop or any1 else to play MO and record "30" bugs each 2 hours, hell, I'm nice, say "10" bugs each hour they play. And they only have to play for ~4 hours. If you can show me footage of 40 bugs during 4 hours of gameplay. I will leave this section of MMORPG 4evva. And you guys can keep on hating all alone. So here is your chance to put me down!!! ;)

But do make your own thread with it. And keep this one on track.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Back on the topic: who would like a free premium day eitherway on such a sort notice? people who had to install MO would probably going to lose the offer due to patching errors and installation problems.

This discussion has been closed.