Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it begins, Pay2Win.

SuffurSuffur Member UncommonPosts: 24
This is coming out as a CASH SHOP EXCLUSIVE tomorrow. VIP players cant get it. $30 initially,  $60 when the next set comes out. 

People on the forums are arguing that its "common knowledge in the Chinese version that these skills are mostly just for flashy attacks." 
IMHO, it doesnt matter. If its not cosmetic, and if I cant get it outside of having VIP privileges, its pay to win. 

As far as I know they will be releasing new skills every monthish for ~$30, and the previous will go to $60. With that and VIP, its close to $40 a month. 

I think I'm quitting. This game had so much potential. 

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Begins? VIP has always had a major advantage. The game damn near showers them with gifts and passive gain.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    You dont understand whats P2W, and yes skills from CS arent anything special
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    well if those skills are a lot better than standard skills i can see it being a p2w feature... as you are clearly paying for something better that other people cant get unless they pay..
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by AresPL
    You dont understand whats P2W, and yes skills from CS arent anything special

yet these skills are more powerfull than the normal ones obtainable in normal game

so yea its P2W and its was proven in china already

I know a lot ppl who have them, and most stopped using it 2-3 weeks after purchase and went back to clan skills, agree that lvl1 dmg is bigger than clan skills lvl1 but it also take proportional mp, but it not make it P2W,  WV can easy lock their skills beggar throw them around etc etc, strongest skills come from instances, and lottery which probably be implemented soon 

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Shouldn't we first assess whether or not these skills actually help you win fights (aka the "Cruel Seven" effect)?

I mean, how is it P2W if they aren't even all that good?  It's just pay to look cool - which is more cosmetic than anything else.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    'This X MMO is P2W' has become the new internet meme.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I am a capitalist (ducks flying debris), meh it totally shadows how I look at stuff.

One of my favorite sayings is "You get what you pay for.".

I see that more and more in "F2P" games.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Do VIP privileges cost $15/month by chance?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Do VIP privileges cost $15/month by chance?

9$ per month. You will be able to buy that with in game silver as well.

These new sets can all be bought in game as well w/o spending gold. The biggest thing is that they are a literally weaker than what you get from you school. It's not like buying an upgrade in PlanetSide 2

It's like being able to buy a weaker gun in PlanetSide 2 just because the fire animation is cool. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

You can get the cash shop sets and everything else without ever paying a dime of real life money.

This set, like most things from cash shop, can be traded with other players.  If you have in game currency, you can buy it from a player who purchased it from the shop.  A lot of players who don't have time to wheel and deal in game simply buy things from the cash shop to sell to players for in game money.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935
    Originally posted by Dullahan

You can get the cash shop sets and everything else without ever paying a dime of real life money.

This set, like most things from cash shop, can be traded with other players.  If you have in game currency, you can buy it from a player who purchased it from the shop.  A lot of players who don't have time to wheel and deal in game simply buy things from the cash shop to sell to players for in game money.

I'm aware of real money to in game money transactions, but I'm not sure it goes the other way? That would mean you would have to pay for VIP status, which is where the real pay2win is at.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by terroni
    Originally posted by Dullahan

I'm aware of real money to in game money transactions, but I'm not sure it goes the other way? That would mean you would have to pay for VIP status, which is where the real pay2win is at.

You don't have to have VIP if you know how to play the game and are willing to leave your client on while you are away.

You can take 35 cultivation pills a week that are more than enough to keep your cultivation points up.  You can either be an herbalist or make an herbalist alt and make pills for yourself by using "set service" for pills so you don't have to use unbound currency.  In addition to that, you get 30% faster cultivation just for being online and on patrol status in your guild city while you afk.

There are other bonuses you get as VIP but the only other one thats really noteworthy is the increased meridian gains.  That too is unnecessary to keep your meridians maxed.  With VIP I maxed all my meridians out so fast, I couldn't even level inners fast enough to keep up so I go for days if not weeks without any meridians to level.  If I wasn't VIP, I would have plenty of time to keep them maxed out without the bonus.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935
    Originally posted by bestever
    So what do you WIN? Some guy waste money to have more power and he wins? Well what does he win?

The game is mainly built around PvP. They win PvP. Higher levels, less cooldowns, higher stat buffs(meridians)more skill sets=win.

The leveling system is similar to EvE where time invested equals higher levels/power. VIP allows players to level offline, gain more experience, convert more experience, and gain more chi (experience that goes elsewhere)

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

with pots from herbalist and guild patrol I get more exp than I can use

can kidnap players who train offline then I will gain profit while they wont get a @#$%