Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Steam "Storm's Look" Video Review

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

COS Vid Review

Sometimes I do game and I'm like "Oh my god another game another video another dud" However, sometimes games shock me by not sucking and giving me something good to say. Now that leads me to COS and a nice shock. The shock being the impressive look of a MMORPG, on a browser and look programmed. Yep a browser now most people will say whatever.

But I beg you atleast give it a chance like I did. You will find a game with all the bells and whistles that a pc game has. Something almost close to kin of a perfect world game. Hopefully minus the PW's cash shop corruption. I don't quite have any proof on that yet. But I do have video proof on a solid game in beta. I'll list the features of the game.

Dungeons= A lot of them small to large

Quests Systems= Very easy to get into no hassle

Trade Skills/Mods= Needs work in it's current state 

Pets= Nice looking but needs more work

Vehicles steam Punkish= Awesome that is all

Multiple Weapon Stances= Again awesome

Cut Scene Voice overs= Could use a bit more of this

World Machine Massive Game Map (Unique)= I liked the style of this kinda Chrono Trigger

Lots of Clothes Fashion= I've said this in several games do this right you will make money

Team Play= Needs more encouragement to do this.

Energy System= This needs to go no one likes this in any game ever. However you do have ways (around) it.

Passive System= I would like to say its moving in the right direction. But I would be lying it was better in closed beta. Maybe a merging of the two systems past and present would more make people happy. At the moment it's too hand holding. Which reminds people of wow, and yea that's not good these days.

Remember this is still a beta so have patience for all things to come into their own.

Play COS

Comments

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

It's a game that went from "promising" to "complete and utter shit" in between 2 beta phases. They improved next to nothing, dumbed down the talents/abilities even more, removed every last bit that was unique about the races and added an energy-system to top it all off.

And those are just the most glaring problems.

• SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by 43%burnt

It's a game that went from "promising" to "complete and utter shit" in between 2 beta phases. They improved next to nothing, dumbed down the talents/abilities even more, removed every last bit that was unique about the races and added an energy-system to top it all off.

And those are just the most glaring problems.

This person speaks complete truth. 

I was an alpha tester and I am here to tell you that the alpha was so much better than what was released that I cannot believe it.

• MocoslocoMocosloco Member Posts: 1

I second the follow up posters this game was a very well rounded enjoyable experience in a browser window even.

Now they added an extra currency to the one players had already bought into, and injected that pre-purchased currency into the market system.

The Mods system which was actually fun to build and grind on ,similar to the Diablo II runes, they were fun to collect and trade. Now we are left with a husk of a game and told consume, consume, and buy........