Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Neverwinter is the Devil?

2»

Comments

• PluppetsPluppets Member Posts: 45
    xxx delete please
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I get what you're saying.  

I would like to take it further. Neverwinter was created by the Evangelist. They did it to keep gamers away from the intense, addictive, life eating, "devil worshiping" rpgs of yesteryear.  

With Neverwinter, the Evangelist have set the genre back 10 years. It's part of their master stroke.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

this article was a waste of my time. Stop writing this type of nonsense. Open up your own personal blog if you want to talk about random stuff like this and your 'thoughts' and 'connections' to MMORPGs. 

I don't come here for this type of content, I come here to talk about MMORPG's and their components, not this subjective nonsense. Seriously if its a slow news day then play some games and write about adventures in the game or something. It might be pretty interesting to read an RP article of someone playing a DnD game. 

You have not been keeping up with the last few articles I see.

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by bcbully

I get what you're saying.  

I would like to take it further. Neverwinter was created by the Evangelist. They did it to keep gamers away from the intense, addictive, life eating, "devil worshiping" rpgs of yesteryear.  

With Neverwinter, the Evangelist have set the genre back 10 years. It's part of their master stroke.

What are you even talking about? In your haste to hate on anythying not AoW you're making no sense.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Guys, just a reminder that this is for discussion of the actual article, not for having religious debates. This forum doesn't permit religious discussion any longer, but discussion of the contents in Victor's piece is fine in this thread only, as long as it doesn't attack or disparage someone else's beliefs.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Great article, and thanks for posting that chick link, I just got done "reading" it. - I dont even know how that stuff flies with anyone. The scenarios and subsequent conclusions are so far out there, I'd be repelled by it simply based on the farflung logic or lack thereof, regardless of my faith. It seems to me you can not be an intelligent thoughtfull person and find a path to god if that type of cartoon is supposed to help you get there. - Do people really appreciate being condescended like that if its all in the name of faith? - I just am baffled by the way the extremes communicated here. Its almost saying you become skizophrenic through roleplaying, and then your cure is to go to church and repent. I dont think it works quite that way... its really muddling the message it wants to send it seems.
  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Great article, I laughed quite a bit as you made the leaps in rhetoric.
  • Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Many times, since i left Warhammer Online I was looking for a fun mmo. I tried Wow, GW 2, Conan, Aeon, Rift, Tera, and many others, but is Neverwinter that got my love. This game is just incredible. Of course there's some things to change, but it's so little imo. I'm listing these things, like inventory window and the disponibility of some buttons. NOthing so important, but I guess would look better. Now lemme stop and get back to the game. Bye! :)

Go to hell!

• SilaxSilax Member Posts: 250

Asking Pat Robertson for advice on gaming?  Really?

How about this as a better "thought experiment" - who is better to ask advice about regarding playing an MMO: Pat Robertson or the average person on this website? 

• forktongueforktongue Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Maleus666
    Many times, since i left Warhammer Online I was looking for a fun mmo. I tried Wow, GW 2, Conan, Aeon, Rift, Tera, and many others, but is Neverwinter that got my love. This game is just incredible. Of course there's some things to change, but it's so little imo. I'm listing these things, like inventory window and the disponibility of some buttons. NOthing so important, but I guess would look better. Now lemme stop and get back to the game. Bye! :)

Has above tried all these games got to max lev got bored went to the next and so on and so on.............

Clockwork Orange

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Funny stuff here.

Let's face it though... Neverwinter is indeed the devil (for other reasons) and it has nothing to do with the barely utilized D&D license.

• blohm86blohm86 Member Posts: 43
    Neverwinter isnt the devil, its just a turd in the mmorpg genre.
  • AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Liltawen
    "there are other games you can play" - so if I play a tank or ranger it's okay, just not a spell caster? Maybe that's why in PvP they say:"kill the healer first"?

Other games i can play? that dont have spells, casters, healers, mass AoE's... umm are we talking about games like maybe Counterstrike? It has Counter terrorists vs. Terrorists straight out the box... or even more popular MW3? nah we dont promote mass violence here.. not even in San Andreas...  jar jacking, rape drugs.. well anything you can find in any major city anyway....So we come back to:

Spells, Casters, Devils, Demons, Dragons,  omfg the list could go on... they will complain, and I say let them.. its free advertising folks :D

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127
    This 'MMO' version was a joke. I feel offended that someone would take a childhood game of mine, and make it so undesirable that I hate its name floating around.
  • BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127
    For that matter, who cares about the devil propaganda. So tired of hearing about this game, when there are so many more worth being mentioned.
  • LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101
    ...Why MMORPG? Why do you let that.... that amoeba bait you like this? That idiot has no grasp of even existence. Even better... how is he still even..... just... alive? How does he even EXIST? D:
  • TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

There's a lot of history behind the whole demonization of D&D (heh) which is not really mentioned in the article, and it's a subject which probably rubs more than a few gamers the wrong way who grew up having to deal with attitudes like this. 

About the only thing NWN can be accused of (unfortunately) is being a less than stellar successor to the Neverwinter title, and a subpar D&D experience compared to...say...DDO, or the original Neverwinter 1 and 2.

Pat, on the other hand, can readily be accused of leveraging fear and social contempt of others for his own profit. [mod edit]

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)