Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQN Reveal 08/02/2013 11am Pacific

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://eq2wire.com/2013/05/20/eqnext-reveal-at-soe-live-set-for-august-2nd-1100am/

From the SOE Live website:

SOE Live Exclusive: Get a First Look at EverQuest Next!

On Friday, August 2nd, attendees at SOE Live will witness the unveiling of the highly anticipated EverQuest Next! Be among the first to see game features and development plans during a keynote address by Director of Development Dave Georgeson and members of the EverQuest Next team. Following the keynote, SOE Live passholders will be able to ask questions and learn more in-depth information from the developers during a number of panels.

Whether you're a long-time EverQuest enthusiast or just curious about the next big thing in gaming, don't miss this exciting chance to get your first look at EverQuest Next. SOE Live is the only place for all the insider information, so register today!

as per the SOE Live schedule, Friday's keynote is scheduled for 11:00am:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Keynote Address More details to be announced. You won't want to miss this! Celebrity Ballroom

SOE Live Early Bird Registration ends May 22nd and rises from $129.00 for the weekend to $149.00. NOTE: Anyone who registered in the past few days and was charged $149.00 will be refunded the difference.

edit:   Countdown timer image

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130802T11&p0=127&msg=EverQuest+Next+Reveal

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I never got the whole convention deal, particularly focused around one developer. Over $100 just seems so silly for the price, I'd much rather have a wide assortment of things to look at. Then again, I'm not really a fanboi of any particular company so maybe if I was it might be different.
  • GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I never got the whole convention deal, particularly focused around one developer. Over $100 just seems so silly for the price, I'd much rather have a wide assortment of things to look at. Then again, I'm not really a fanboi of any particular company so maybe if I was it might be different.

The bigger cost these days is the near $400 plane ticket per person.  But yeah I don't think they have enough content at SOE for a true convention.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Giffen

I don't think they have enough content at SOE for a true convention.

whats a "true" convention?

conventions of all types take place year round

SOE has been hosting annual Fanfaires for the last 14 years

http://www.zam.com/wiki/soe_fan_faire

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

EQ has been around for 14 or 15 years, and has retained a dedicated community in both its games.  Many players take pride in stating their years of involvement to the game.  I do.  Its not a "fanboi" thing at all, rather a matter of sticking with a game with enormous depth of content and lore and an amazing community that has become family in many regards.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

It is all up to individual preference.  I wish I could make it to SOELive because I do like Eq2 and have played some of the others. Eq2 a a very community centric game and they host interactive events that I would really enjoy.  I will be going to Comic con -NY again this year but I would love to go to  SOE live where the focus is more on bringing the community together.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

A bunch of the ticket sales will probably go to the press, along with SOE fans.

If I lived closer to SOE I would consider going with some friends.  But as mentioned, it's not so much the admission fee, but rather the hundreds of dollars per person to fly + maybe $100+ a night economy lodging.  Could easily exceed a thousand dollars for one weekend.

EQ did wonders for the 3D MMORPG industry, so I'm looking forward to see what gets revealed.  Hopefully there will be some good YouTube videos of the conference.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Telondariel

EQ has been around for 14 or 15 years, and has retained a dedicated community in both its games.  Many players take pride in stating their years of involvement to the game.  I do.  Its not a "fanboi" thing at all, rather a matter of sticking with a game with enormous depth of content and lore and an amazing community that has become family in many regards.

I cound't agree more.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by Nadia

http://eq2wire.com/2013/05/20/eqnext-reveal-at-soe-live-set-for-august-2nd-1100am/

From the SOE Live website:

SOE Live Exclusive: Get a First Look at EverQuest Next!

On Friday, August 2nd, attendees at SOE Live will witness the unveiling of the highly anticipated EverQuest Next! Be among the first to see game features and development plans during a keynote address by Director of Development Dave Georgeson and members of the EverQuest Next team. Following the keynote, SOE Live passholders will be able to ask questions and learn more in-depth information from the developers during a number of panels.

Whether you're a long-time EverQuest enthusiast or just curious about the next big thing in gaming, don't miss this exciting chance to get your first look at EverQuest Next. SOE Live is the only place for all the insider information, so register today!

as per the SOE Live schedule, Friday's keynote is scheduled for 11:00am:

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Keynote Address More details to be announced. You won't want to miss this! Celebrity Ballroom

SOE Live Early Bird Registration ends May 22nd and rises from $129.00 for the weekend to $149.00. NOTE: Anyone who registered in the past few days and was charged $149.00 will be refunded the difference.

edit:   Countdown timer image

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130802T11&p0=127&msg=EverQuest+Next+Reveal

Wow, just the reveal is going to be an hour long, followed by the interview panels.  Seems they will go into things pretty in depth.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I would of gone, if it were convenient for me to go, when I was playing EQ back in the day, but it was always a bad time, across the country and such.

I am really looking forward to the reveal though, but at the same time, I am being realistic and trying to keep my hopes that they do something great in check also.

Roughly 2 months to go!

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Honestly, if I had the money, I would fly out to Vegas for this convention....then again I am a huge SOE fanboy (one of few, i know).   But I can totally see where you are coming from by not being a fanboy.   I would never spend even $50 without airfare to get to Blizzcon lol.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!