Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield: Barrens - A little taste of the old world?

ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Have only had a chance to jump in and take part in this quest chain and then the weekly to collect the resources, but this really feels like a small taste of how it used to be. People actually working together to reach a common goal, people actually asking to group in order to speed each others progress, a small taste of how things used to be way back when.

Anyone else got that feeling or just me?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Comments

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

I got that feeling too. Then I completed the weekly in an hour, got 1 worthless piece of loot, and wanted to /wrists again.

Why do I keep coming back to this black hole of a game!?

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Abdiell

I got that feeling too. Then I completed the weekly in an hour, got 1 worthless piece of loot, and wanted to /wrists again.

Why do I keep coming back to this black hole of a game!?

You didn't stick around after you completed your weekly to help others and just enjoy the atmosphere? That is what i did and i really enjoyed just hanging out in a busy area, helping people out and having a chat, took me back quite a bit.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Because it sucks...

...you in.

Not actually insulting the game here. Ignoring whether or not I like it, if you have a strong familiarity with the title and can still find things you like about it in spite of it's flaws, the game could be a bug riddles mess and you'd still play it.

I mean I can adamantly say APB is a bad game, but I'll still play it occasionally.

When it's a game like WoW where it released a solid title and was refined (and sometimes scrambled) over the years, you still have a lot of reasons that you'd look back and enjoy.

As for your comment likely asking that bit just in humor, I have no qualifying remark for that. Sorry if this sounded like me stating the obvious in that regard. It's just something I think about often when I take a look at games. :p

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by Deivos

Because it sucks...

...you in.

Not actually insulting the game here. Ignoring whether or not I like it, if you have a strong familiarity with the title and can still find things you like about it in spite of it's flaws, the game could be a bug riddles mess and you'd still play it.

I mean I can adamantly say APB is a bad game, but I'll still play it occasionally.

When it's a game like WoW where it released a solid title and was refined (and sometimes scrambled) over the years, you still have a lot of reasons that you'd look back and enjoy.

As for your comment likely asking that bit just in humor, I have no qualifying remark for that. Sorry if this sounded like me stating the obvious in that regard. It's just something I think about often when I take a look at games. :p

My question was actually about whether people had tried this event and how it compared to when the game was a little more open, did you answer that, if so could you clarify a little because i couldn't really get anything from the above.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Haven't personally tried it yet, only have one friend that's gone back to WoW recently so I haven't had the motivation. Sorry for any confusion.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Shadoed

Have only had a chance to jump in and take part in this quest chain and then the weekly to collect the resources, but this really feels like a small taste of how it used to be. People actually working together to reach a common goal, people actually asking to group in order to speed each others progress, a small taste of how things used to be way back when.

Anyone else got that feeling or just me?

Not really.  It still felt like a solo experience doing those quests.  All the commanders were being zerged, making them really easy to kill.  It actually reminded me of GW2, where everyone follows the zerg to the next dynamic event.

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    of course. and our barrens chat was very lively. good times :D