Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

?-~^v^- ?Should I get Guild Wars? ~^v^-~?

13»

Comments

• CaptainRPGCaptainRPG Member Posts: 794

All I want to know is what is highest guild rank your guild has beaten since you talking so much smack.

And when you say "you are theory fightning" to the person from the top5 guild in the world, which has 91-1 winning streak, I can just laugh at you

I'm sorry, but when he post dickweed information about how to handling a mesmer using a monk, it makes me wonder if he's truly fighting good players. I mean he failed to mention Energy Drain as being apart of an energy-denial build and EVERY MESMER knows that Energy Drain should be included in ALMOST EVERY MESMER build. (I've been to every GW forum and EVERYONE agrees on this.)

By the way, if you have to get to top 20 to fight some good players that only means the game isn't worth playing. I mean from 1000 to 72, most of thos guys were riding the shortbus players because most of the players we fought out of 50 battles sucked hard. It's like the RPG console games. In order to get a real change, you have to fight your way to the last area or the last bosses for a real good battle; meanwhile, you stuck fighting monster straight off the shortbus. And playing against the same 20 teams would have gotten boring. Only people with small attention-span like doing the same thing over and over again.

• millerhelp0millerhelp0 Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by CaptainRPG

All I want to know is what is highest guild rank your guild has beaten since you talking so much smack.
    And when you say "you are theory fightning" to the person from the top5 guild in the world, which has 91-1 winning streak, I can just laugh at you
    I'm sorry, but when he post dickweed information about how to handling a mesmer using a monk, it makes me wonder if he's truly fighting good players. I mean he failed to mention Energy Drain as being apart of an energy-denial build and EVERY MESMER knows that Energy Drain should be included in ALMOST EVERY MESMER build. (I've been to every GW forum and EVERYONE agrees on this.)
    By the way, if you have to get to top 20 to fight some good players that only means the game isn't worth playing. I mean from 1000 to 72, most of thos guys were riding the shortbus players because most of the players we fought out of 50 battles sucked hard. It's like the RPG console games. In order to get a real change, you have to fight your way to the last area or the last bosses for a real good battle; meanwhile, you stuck fighting monster straight off the shortbus. And playing against the same 20 teams would have gotten boring. Only people with small attention-span like doing the same thing over and over again.

every1 loves the shortbus you know you want to ride on the shortbus

Originally posted by millerhelp0

I'm sorry, if I'm being discriminating towards you and others like you, but I'm saying it as I see it.

Originally posted by millerhelp0

I'm sorry, if I'm being discriminating towards you and others like you, but I'm saying it as I see it.

lol im not tlaking bout the shortbus gamers im talking bout the shortbus that comes by my house eveyday thats for the little ppl

lol im not tlaking bout the shortbus gamers im talking bout the shortbus that comes by my house eveyday thats for the little ppl

...what? Yo, man, crack kills. I don't know what you just said (seriously), but you're special man.

• gvid0gvid0 Member Posts: 7

I've beaten quite a lot top 100  and had some very close fights vs top20 guilds during my PvP career being in a couple of guilds. I am sure, I've seen more than your poor PvP experience.

As you can't see arguments of the other people and just  blindly repeat your ones, I'll repost his answer:

There are many things good Monks can do to reduce the effectiveness of Mesmers. For example, if an enemy Mesmer is using a lot of energy denial (Energy Burn, Signet of Weariness, etc), you can switch to an empty weapon slot when your're not casting, and swap back and forth when you cast.

He gave you very specific, practical and viable tactic against E-denial mesmers. It is called focus swap. Good players use it and it's effective if it used right. But I assume you don't know how it exactly works and you just keep reposting your blind and theoretic (Yes, you are theory fighting mate) arguments.

You are blind and ignorant. That's pitiful.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well here are my thoughts. This month I've been trying to decide what mmorpg to stick with so i've subscribed to a bunch and have been playing them all. EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, City of Villians, and Guild Wars.

I would get Guild Wars. While it's true that for me it is somewhat boring right now. That is because I played the heck out of it since it first came out. But it's still a great game and if you're just getting it there will be months of fun for you.

I think what seals the deal though is that the next chapter has been announced and will add more content and including new professions ect, so there will be even MORE Guild Wars. It's also not frustrating and is more relax than some others.

I find in EQ2, and WoW, i'm so frustrated with leveling up where as Guild Wars and CoV I don't and just enjoy exploring, killing, doing quests, and being in parties. Less worry about crafting and all this and that. I didn't read previous posts but I'm sure people mentioned that GW is a FUN game that still lets you have a life.... not that I have one BUT if I did then I could so hmf. :)

Okay edit after read some of the more recent posts: This game requires skill in that you don't have all your spells at your disposal in a fight. That in itself is a strategy as far as the "build" you bring with you. I mean if you take random skills no matter what profession you'll get pwned mostlikely. I guess what I would say is that as far as I can see this game has the same level of strategy as any other mmorpg that I've played which isn't a WHOLE lot but it's mainly an RPG not a strategy game like chess.

Originally posted by gvid0

I've beaten quite a lot top 100  and had some very close fights vs top20 guilds during my PvP career being in a couple of guilds. I am sure, I've seen more than your poor PvP experience.

Fought up to 72, I didn't need see anymore. As I said above, if I to get top 20 to get a real challenge then the game is not worth. Just a console game, I do not want to wait till the end to get a real challenge and fighting the same 20 teams would have gotten boring.

I fought teams that used henchmen, I've fought diverse team who actual had their s**t together, I've fought shock teams, whom lost too only once, and we've fought spirit ranger teams. And beating all the teams doing one...killing the monk first. All the top 20 team use monks and we're good at forcing the monk's hand. Beaten on one monk and have the mesmer (myself) take out the second allowing us to take two monks out for the price of one.

He gave you very specific, practical and viable tactic against E-denial mesmers.

Any expert mesmer knows to take Energy Drain, dick. If you ask any mesmer exper like myself, you'll know that actually good players take that ability to battle. The fact that he didn't mention told me a lot about his skills and whom he fights. It told me he was no expert on mesmers.

It is called focus swap. Good players use it and it's effective if it used right. But I assume you don't know how it exactly works and you just keep reposting your blind and theoretic (Yes, you are theory fighting mate) arguments.

The whole point of mesmer is to keep the spellcaster from casting or healing his friend. He can stop and everything he is doing to prevent me from draining his energy, but his friend is going to end up dead without his efforts. Truly good mesmer, watch their prey like hawks. I've interrupt guys from casting spell before icon appears in the skill window. And if he sits and does nothing, I'll use a DoTing hex or use my IW until does something for me to interrupt. With fasting casting, I'm most likely going to interrupt if he so much fakes spellcast.

As long as the monk is doing nothing, my job is being done. In fight 94 and 72, those team find out the hardway that this is true. True Energy Denial mesmer use counters and Energy DoTs. After looking at his post, it told me EVERYTHING about what he knows about mesmer, which is nothing, especially since he didn't add Energy Drain. So you stop copping out for the man as you doing nothing more than further embarassing him. He speak for himself.

Originally posted by natuxatu

Well here are my thoughts. This month I've been trying to decide what mmorpg to stick with so i've subscribed to a bunch and have been playing them all. EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, City of Villians, and Guild Wars.
    I would get Guild Wars. While it's true that for me it is somewhat boring right now. That is because I played the heck out of it since it first came out. But it's still a great game and if you're just getting it there will be months of fun for you.
    I think what seals the deal though is that the next chapter has been announced and will add more content and including new professions ect, so there will be even MORE Guild Wars. It's also not frustrating and is more relax than some others.
    I find in EQ2, and WoW, i'm so frustrated with leveling up where as Guild Wars and CoV I don't and just enjoy exploring, killing, doing quests, and being in parties. Less worry about crafting and all this and that. I didn't read previous posts but I'm sure people mentioned that GW is a FUN game that still lets you have a life.... not that I have one BUT if I did then I could so hmf. :)

Okay edit after read some of the more recent posts: This game requires skill in that you don't have all your spells at your disposal in a fight. That in itself is a strategy as far as the "build" you bring with you. I mean if you take random skills no matter what profession you'll get pwned mostlikely. I guess what I would say is that as far as I can see this game has the same level of strategy as any other mmorpg that I've played which isn't a WHOLE lot but it's mainly an RPG not a strategy game like chess.

Games AI isn't all that hard to beat and the special moves and spells don't take long to master. It how versatile your move and the availability of your moves that makes it skills. Limiting the number of abilities you bring into battle means you have to rely heavy on the resources you have and your position. Play a game of skill meaning you are both on even grounds, in both resources and versatility. In GW, the class strengths are based on their specialty meaning you are only good against certain types of other class, but weak against other. Does that sound even too you? No, it should be based on you performance, not you class strength. Teamwork is also another form of strategy since your teammates also count as a resource since they provide either offense or defense for you depending your class. In a skill based game, it's more one on one then team battles. In the end, the ability to fight on ones on and having the even number of resources shows skills.
  • PaulOttPaulOtt Member Posts: 57

The whole point of mesmer is to keep the spellcaster from casting or healing his friend. He can stop and everything he is doing to prevent me from draining his energy, but his friend is going to end up dead without his efforts. Truly good mesmer, watch their prey like hawks. I've interrupt guys from casting spell before icon appears in the skill window. And if he sits and does nothing, I'll use a DoTing hex or use my IW until does something for me to interrupt. With fasting casting, I'm most likely going to interrupt if he so much fakes spellcast.

As long as the monk is doing nothing, my job is being done. In fight 94 and 72, those team find out the hardway that this is true. True Energy Denial mesmer use counters and Energy DoTs. After looking at his post, it told me EVERYTHING about what he knows about mesmer, which is nothing, especially since he didn't add Energy Drain. So you stop copping out for the man as you doing nothing more than further embarassing him. He speak for himself.

gvid0 is correct. I was addressing energy denial from the point of view of a Monk versus a Mesmer. And it seems from your response, you don't know what focus swapping entails. But the funniest part is, where you talk about "truly good Mesmers" which would imply that there is player skill involved and that it is not simply a build versus build match-up devoid of player skill. That was my argument all along. Thanks for agreeing.

For the record, I wasn't addressing Energy Drain, but to ease your pretty little head about Energy Drain, I'll say this: It was nerfed back in September and nobody uses it anymore. Ever get the feeling that you're out of touch and don't know what you're talking about anymore?

to original pster: you should get guildwars
  • DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

GUILD WARS IS NOT AN MMORPG!  IF YOU BUY IT THINKING IT'LL BE LIKE WOW AND COME ONTO THESE FORUMS AND BITCH BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE OTHER MMORPGS, ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT YOU DONT LIKE IT, NOT THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I needed to say that.

Originally posted by PaulOtt
    gvid0 is correct. I was addressing energy denial from the point of view of a Monk versus a Mesmer. And it seems from your response, you don't know what focus swapping entails. But the funniest part is, where you talk about "truly good Mesmers" which would imply that there is player skill involved and that it is not simply a build versus build match-up devoid of player skill. That was my argument all along. Thanks for agreeing.

It doesn't take skill to watch a n#%ga like hawk. As I said in my last post, matter a fact, I'll repost it for you...

"...the reason inexperience teams lose is because they don't go after the monk. Other than that, I've seen some inexperience teams actually tear up the battlefield when they know who to hit."

Which is true because I've seen inexperience team actually kick ass when tell them to take the monk. That's the only thing that separate players is responsibility. image

Ever get the feeling that you're out of touch...

No, reallly?! image, I believe I said this in several topics and in several posts that I quit GW a while back and things may have changed. Spirit Rangers were nerfed months after I left, as well as Spike Groups. When the game first started, they nerfed Life Barrier because my first Guild, which was rank 25th abused a monk and warrior combination using that skill.

Nerfing of skills, classes and group combinations not only tells me that GW is unbalanced, but the fact that exploited tactics only meant the game further didn't have any skills to begin with and ANet doesn't want certain team staying at no. 1 so they'll switch up or nerf if a team ever finds away to beat the system. There is no skill to this game. You just get your moment of truimph and that's it.

A lot people from gamefaqs.com and including myself realize this after the first first team was nerfed and even some of the guys at Guildguru realize this. It's same you dorks don't even realize it.

Originally posted by PaulOtt

gvid0 is correct. I was addressing energy denial from the point of view of a Monk versus a Mesmer. And it seems from your response, you don't know what focus swapping entails. But the funniest part is, where you talk about "truly good Mesmers" which would imply that there is player skill involved and that it is not simply a build versus build match-up devoid of player skill. That was my argument all along. Thanks for agreeing.

It doesn't take skill to watch a n#%ga like hawk. As I said in my last post, matter a fact, I'll repost it for you...

"...the reason inexperience teams lose is because they don't go after the monk. Other than that, I've seen some inexperience teams actually tear up the battlefield when they know who to hit."

Which is true because I've seen inexperience team actually kick ass when tell them to take the monk. That's the only thing that separate players is responsibility. image

Ever get the feeling that you're out of touch...

No, reallly?! image, I believe I said this in several topics and in several posts that I quit GW a while back and things may have changed. Spirit Rangers were nerfed months after I left, as well as Spike Groups. When the game first started, they nerfed Life Barrier because my first Guild, which was rank 25th abused a monk and warrior combination using that skill.

Nerfing of skills, classes and group combinations not only tells me that GW is unbalanced, but the fact that exploited tactics only meant the game further didn't have any skills to begin with and ANet doesn't want certain team staying at no. 1 so they'll switch up or nerf if a team ever finds away to beat the system. There is no skill to this game. You just get your moment of truimph and that's it.

A lot people from gamefaqs.com and including myself realize this after the first first team was nerfed and even some of the guys at Guildguru realize this. It's same you dorks don't even realize it.

i dont care about hat i rarly PvP

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Games AI isn't all that hard to beat and the special moves and spells don't take long to master. It how versatile your move and the availability of your moves that makes it skills. Limiting the number of abilities you bring into battle means you have to rely heavy on the resources you have and your position. Play a game of skill meaning you are both on even grounds, in both resources and versatility. In GW, the class strengths are based on their specialty meaning you are only good against certain types of other class, but weak against other. Does that sound even too you? No, it should be based on you performance, not you class strength. Teamwork is also another form of strategy since your teammates also count as a resource since they provide either offense or defense for you depending your class. In a skill based game, it's more one on one then team battles. In the end, the ability to fight on ones on and having the even number of resources shows skills.

I agree I guess what I was trying to point out is that it's not just a strategy game and that even though it does have strategy it doesn't need to be the main focus of this type of game. I hope that clears up what I was trying to say. And I was saying that all use strategy just in different ways... as someone was suggesting that there was no strategy or challenge involved. The AI again I notice a difference between all the MMORPGs that I play in the AI.. I know they've increased the AI in that now it will move out of the way of AoA spells so... that's something.