Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face of Mankind: Kickstarting the future

legitininjalegitininja Member Posts: 3

Hi guys, I know this game has been around for a long time. I first started playing in 2006 and I've been with the game ever since and boy do I have some new for you!

Face of Mankind is looking to redesign the game with the "Fall of the Dominion" milestone. Which introduces

player created factions,

a new mission system,

redesigned economical system,

territory capturing system

Bar/ restaurant ownership

vortex network system

Gear customization 

item repairs

and a plethora of other features but in order to do this Nexeon needs funding and they have opened a kickstarter campaign. If you have some money to spare why not donate a few bucks to the kickstarter?

Help Face of Mankind become the best sandbox experience it can be! 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nexeon/face-of-mankind-fall-of-the-dominion

Comments

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Thx for the info. This is good news.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

I played this game back in them early days and it was pants then so trying to do the same thing again 7 years down the line wont change the lack of inivation and hamster feel this game had imo.

It's not getting my money ever...

Bandit

Asbo

• legitininjalegitininja Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by NightBandit

I played this game back in them early days and it was pants then so trying to do the same thing again 7 years down the line wont change the lack of inivation and hamster feel this game had imo.

Bandit

I know your frustration but, they're trying their hardest to fix the mistakes they made early on the money they are asking for isn't that much it's only $50,000

for anyone else that may see this it would be nice if you guys could spread the word around. We could really use the support! 

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by legitininja

Bandit

I know your frustration but, they're trying their hardest to fix the mistakes they made early on the money they are asking for isn't that much it's only $50,000

for anyone else that may see this it would be nice if you guys could spread the word around. We could really use the support! 

If they can bring us more RP elements and more civilian like RP elements such as being a civilian in non war time and off duty, then that would be nice.

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• GabrielPapaKGabrielPapaK Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by XilentStorm
    Originally posted by legitininja

Bandit

If they can bring us more RP elements and more civilian like RP elements such as being a civilian in non war time and off duty, then that would be nice.

You could always be a citizen and RP. Doesn't mean you won't get killed, its an open world.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I used to play FoM back in it's early days.And while the game had some very great ideas, the mindless grind (as a LED officer at least) was just terrible and the whole combat was so derpy, which it still is.

If they made the combat more tactical, slower and deadly, I would be willing to give FoM another try. But without improved combat, no way. I don't want run and gun arcade shooters where you just spam medkit button as soon as you get hit. I want tactics, teamwork and realistic engagements fitting to the setting at hand.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    ok, color me slow, a game that failed is running a kick-starter so that they can correct the mistakes they never corrected when the game was live?  Why not do a kick-starter for Face of Mankind 2? Start over completely, with a new concept? I, for one, would have more confidence in that. I loved Shadowbane but if they announced that they  were going to attempt to fix the mistakes and restart the game I would not be excited. If they were to say - hey this is Shadowbane 2, we are bringing it up to date with all the advances(?) I would probably see what I could do.  Just my  opinion, but re-igniting a broken and failed game seems pointless to me. Do the sequel.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

i personally do NOT feel this is something that kick-starter should be used for. But then again it have been used for worse. I guess i should wish the FoM players the best of luck.

This have been a good conversation

• GabrielPapaKGabrielPapaK Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Metanol

I used to play FoM back in it's early days.And while the game had some very great ideas, the mindless grind (as a LED officer at least) was just terrible and the whole combat was so derpy, which it still is.

If they made the combat more tactical, slower and deadly, I would be willing to give FoM another try. But without improved combat, no way. I don't want run and gun arcade shooters where you just spam medkit button as soon as you get hit. I want tactics, teamwork and realistic engagements fitting to the setting at hand.

Would be nice to have more tactics and more realistic combat, but there is always one problem. The fact that the game is an open world, if it was realistic, "ganking" would be way to easy. Only way to get balance would be getting zones that are somewhat "safe" with LED turrets, but now that all factions are erased and its left to the players, realistic combat is just impossible. 

Tactical combat is somewhat utilized though. Depends where you fight.

Originally posted by ElderRat
    ok, color me slow, a game that failed is running a kick-starter so that they can correct the mistakes they never corrected when the game was live?  Why not do a kick-starter for Face of Mankind 2? Start over completely, with a new concept? I, for one, would have more confidence in that. I loved Shadowbane but if they announced that they  were going to attempt to fix the mistakes and restart the game I would not be excited. If they were to say - hey this is Shadowbane 2, we are bringing it up to date with all the advances(?) I would probably see what I could do.  Just my  opinion, but re-igniting a broken and failed game seems pointless to me. Do the sequel.

Face of Mankind 2, if ever it would be created somehow... , would require a new game engine which is a 250,000$ goal. I personally don't think its an achievable goal for the reputation that the game has at this current time. The game has gotten somewhat better, but it is too late in my opinion. This new "patch" will definately bring new and old players back for a brief moment. The update that they will do will have to be very well polished and keep players hooked, if not their project will go down the drain once more. Face of Mankind has evolved to so many levels, good and bad. I personally don't have hope in the ideas of the developers, but I will continue to pay and play as this game is quite different from every other game. Players just need to give it some time. If players would play CSS and play against CAL-I players they would probably rage quit, just like 50% of new players in Face of Mankind. Its got a steep learning curve and the game is just not fit for the average MMO/WoW/RPG players.

The devs have lost a lot of RP elements which has destroyed a huge portion of the player base, and personally it won't get any better in the new patch. Anarchy is what's going to happen and its just gonna degrade FoM even more. (My opinion)

Originally posted by tawess

i personally do NOT feel this is something that kick-starter should be used for. But then again it have been used for worse. I guess i should wish the FoM players the best of luck.

What's wrong with using kickstarter? Nothing wrong there. Multiple reasons why kickstarter is a great solution for a game without any publishers. They obviously need financial aid and the people who think its a good idea get something out of it. Its not like if you were obliged to donate. That's the whole point of kickstarter. People have the freedom to pledge or not. Its your choice. Your ranting is quite defective and useless. Also if the kickstarter does succeed, a portion of the money goes back to Kickstarter, technically helping other projects. 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yes Hopefully if they design the new Face OF Mankind correctly it will be a lot better without all these default bossy Leader Factions with leaders who are either kids or idiots as I have seen while playing years on and off in FOM, reason I never stay around constant leader changes, bad leaders and the game is just dead in its current state reason I cancel sub.

However if the New FOM actually gets founded and the devs actually do it right this game wont have a problem as players can actually create their own factions, I am pretty sure someone will likely try to remake the FDC again, and players will hopefully be free to do as they choose in the game aka not having to join a faction worry about perm death and so on in other words a great sandbox game I hope then the game will be much better.

Right now in FOM's current state its basically just making BEEF between players and starting little kiddy faction battles with one another no fun at all however if its made into an actual sandbox like EVE Online and full loot or at least inventory loot it will be much better as players can actually have the freedom of play, create own factions rules, and so on similar to EVE, and with actual politics like EVE.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Originally posted by GabrielPapaK

Originally posted by Metanol

Would be nice to have more tactics and more realistic combat, but there is always one problem. The fact that the game is an open world, if it was realistic, "ganking" would be way to easy. Only way to get balance would be getting zones that are somewhat "safe" with LED turrets, but now that all factions are erased and its left to the players, realistic combat is just impossible. 

Tactical combat is somewhat utilized though. Depends where you fight.

My apologies, I'm not talking about full on realism here, we don't want FoM to be a milsim, right? I'm talking more along the lines, "you can't sprint and bounce around while trying to hit something". I mean, look at the gunplay of other scifi shooters; Nuclear Dawn, Blacklight: Retribution and Natural Selection 2.

If we had moving and firing mechanics of any games I just listed in FoM, I'd probably be playing and paying.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

This can work.

We just need loli's in bathing suits.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

3 days.

You can do it folks. You can make it happen.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained