Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Aion is f2p?

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
I downloaded the game form their main website with NCSoft downloader. I created a nCSoft master account. When i launch the game I get: Cannot connect to authorization server". Now I found out there are also gameforge servers. So which one should I use? I have to redownload the game from gameforge?

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Gameforge has the EU version.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

If you downloaded the game from the NC-West Aion site (na.aiononline.com) then you can play on the NA servers, there does seem to be a significant EU timezone population there made up of people annoyed by Gameforge's management of the game -- however to connect to the servers you need to tell the NCsoft launcher you're in North America, thus:

1. Open NCsoft launcher
    2. Select "File" menu
    3. Select "Settings"
    4. Select "Advanced" tab on the popup.
    5. For "Region" select "North America."
    As for the OP question: both Aion versions are "free to play" in that you can download the client, set up an account & access all game zones, quests, instances &c. without charge; Aion EU under Gameforge however has a "freemium" scheme in which players who do not buy the pseudo-sub or "Gold Pack" are seriously restricted (2 character slots instead of 8, limitations on chat, trade, &c., increased cooldown for instanced dungeons). Also NA tends to get major game updates first.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    thanks dancingstar. this fixed my problem. I was afraid I would have to redownload the whole game.