Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game are you playing on your PC now?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

I'm still playing Sims 2 and occasionally Minecraft.  Never switched to Sims 3 but I'm hoping EA will fix their bad rep with Sims 4.  Would be nice if they could do something right for a change.

So what are you playing on PC now?

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Played Two Worlds 2 thanks to a post on here.
    Also been playing Game Dev Tycoon thanks to another post on here.
    I still boot up Master of Magic every now and then.
    Skyrim and Morrowind are still on my list after doing fresh installs.
    Rail Empires: Iron Dragon is just a click away and I click often :)
    Same for Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, and Neverwinter Nights 1.

DOSBox games are always nearby, too, like:
    Acquire
    Advanced Civilization

Not a lot of "recent" games get any kind of longevity anymore, Skyrim being the exception. Dev Tycoon is frustrating and I am determined to get somewhere in that game :)

I am always searching for board games on computer...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Mostly playing Age of Conan and Civ IV beyond the sword - rise of man/ a new dawn mod.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217

Right now I'm playing a bit of Lineage II.

Also having great fun with Tomb Raider (newly released one), and Tomb Raider II. Mega nostalgia when playing TRII haha. Love it.

Really missing a nice RTS game though :/ Just played through the various Dawn of War games.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Taking a slight break from SWTOR and playing Age of Conan ATM. I've also dabbled in Star Trek Online and Skyrim when I can.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Checking out Dragons Prophet, and recently fired up Age of Conan again.

• Arkangel32Arkangel32 Member UncommonPosts: 83

Eve Online, I keep going back to this game no matter what, since 2004

Diablo 3,  it is actually playable now.  

Terarria,  for something to do since the new expansion is coming out soon.

Defiance, Decent first person shooter

Rappelz, LOL mess around in this with a friend

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112

Rift

DCUO

The Secret World

Neverwinter Nights

Games Im wanting to pick back up

Diablo III

Defiance

The WItcher

The Witcher 2

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Racing: Grid 2

Fun FPS: Defiance/Warface/BF3/Planetside2

FPS: Metro LL

Strategy: Wargame Air Land Battle

Nostalgia: Baldurs Gate Limited Edition HD

MMO: FFXI

Tons of Indie games that come out on a  weekly basis.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    chess titans ... yes im freaking bored
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

I'm still playing Sims 2 and occasionally Minecraft.  Never switched to Sims 3 but I'm hoping EA will fix their bad rep with Sims 4.  Would be nice if they could do something right for a change.

So what are you playing on PC now?

Anything minus a cash shop gets my attention. 

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Metro Last Light - Graphics are spectacular on High end graphics settings

Dragon's Prophet - Nice game, just don't use the initials for short. *cough*

SWTOR - The fact its STAR WARS! and class stories kept me entertained.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Normally X3: Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude

But catching up on my Steam games: Assassins Creed Series, and replaying Mass Effect

• ElgarLElgarL Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - Best co-op FPS game ever.

Creator of ELTank and Nostalgia

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180
    Originally posted by Jorl

Metro Last Light - Graphics are spectacular on High end graphics settings

Dragon's Prophet - Nice game, just don't use the initials for short. *cough*

SWTOR - The fact its STAR WARS! and class stories kept me entertained.

LOL.

Also D3

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    No MMOs at the moment. I am currently playing Metro: Last Light and going thru System Shock 2 and Thief 2 again.
  • stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by coretex666

Diablo II - hardcore mode, 2 player coop

AoE II  - I play this with 2 of my friends

FIFA - it is always fun playing against my friend

(I am looking for some RTS similar to AoE, but with more focus on infrastructure,...something like ANNO, but with multiplayer....any tips?)

Besides that, there isnt really anything I am interested in. There are some MMOs and some other pc games I am looking forward to, but I dont have many games to play now...definitely none of MMOs currently in the market.

Check out the Total War series.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Playing Night of the Rabbit, Warframe and some GW2 when I feel like it.
    Originally posted by stayBlind

(I am looking for some RTS similar to AoE, but with more focus on infrastructure,...something like ANNO, but with multiplayer....any tips?)

Besides that, there isnt really anything I am interested in. There are some MMOs and some other pc games I am looking forward to, but I dont have many games to play now...definitely none of MMOs currently in the market.

Are there any specific games in that series that you would recommend? They all look fairly cool. Are they ALL good? :O

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Originally posted by Adokas

Are there any specific games in that series that you would recommend? They all look fairly cool. Are they ALL good? :O

Yes! They are all good. However, if you want to co-op campaign with a friend you'll have to start with Shogun II, as it was the first one to support that feature.

Other than that just pick your favorite era and have fun!

Also, Rome II is on the horizon, and it looks absolutely amazing (no surprise to me there :P).

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Played Football Manager 2013 from SI which is the not so best of the series, found a 4-1-3-2 Setup that works good and lost interest for lack of challenge.
    Played hundreds of hours Civ V and Europa Universalis III and Skyrim and Minecraft and currently play Mechwarrior Online (have more than 7000 matches and still like more).
    Oh and still GTA IV bcs i never get beyond 35% or so...

Really - i dont need no more fucking MMOrpg Clone that is the same sausage in a different colour.
    I am out of this shit for the next few years if not ever...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

Originally posted by Adokas

Yes! They are all good. However, if you want to co-op campaign with a friend you'll have to start with Shogun II, as it was the first one to support that feature.

Other than that just pick your favorite era and have fun!

Also, Rome II is on the horizon, and it looks absolutely amazing (no surprise to me there :P).

Very cool, I'll check them out. Especially the Rome stuff. Love that stuff :P

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Alan Wake - seriously steam deal £2.30 (i played it when it first came out on the 360 but it's worth £2.30 to play again on the PC)... I mean £2.30.. what does that buy a chocolate bar and a small bottle of coke.

Secret World MMO - mostly for the investigation missions, the combat is flakey (even if i like the AP/SP system) but the atmosphere and quest details along with the in game browser... it's keeping me occupied.

Assassins Creed 3 - finally got around to unwrapping my PS3 version to play, not played it much but it's certainly something which at the moment i wish i had more free time or a clone.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    gog had both settlers and battle is on sale last week, so I'm set for a while:).
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

EQ2

Neverwinter

Defiance

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Mostly I'm playing SWTOR, but I casually dip into RIFT/The Secret World/Guild Wars 2 & a bit of Diablo III.

Once in awhile I check out AoC & DDO.

I still get the itch to play some Civilization IV from time to time too.

ILLISET