Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good idea to start now?

XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

Hello,

Just wanted to ask FF XI fans a simple question;

FF XIV will soon be "reborn", however, while I did all the Final Fantasy games, I never experienced a Final Fantasy MMO yet (closest thing to it was...was FF12, haha ;)) so my question is: do you think I should wait for FF14 to relaunch, do you think it's a bad idea to buy FF11 now? Maybe I should use this time to discover FF11? It has a "scenario", main "campaign", right?

Thanks in advance for your honest answers =)

PS: I play solo a lot because of my work hours and current situation, is this the kind of game where you have to dedicate 5 hours in a group every evening?

Comments

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    At one point FFXI was the least solo friendly of any mainstream mmo.  Not sure how much that's changed over time.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

It's solo friendly, but really boring without friends.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I was thinking the same and then I had tons of trouble with the PlayOnline platform. I decided I might as well try the F2P games like NeverWinter, Dragons Prophet, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Age of Wushu (which I stopped almost immediately).
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by reeereee
    At one point FFXI was the least solo friendly of any mainstream mmo.  Not sure how much that's changed over time.

Pretty much this. You can solo now by using fields of valor and I think they raised the gained exp since I left. However, the strong and fun part of the game was always finding a party for good teamwork. Lastly, even if you solo you should either use guides for zones or get a mentor to show you around else you will be completely clueless of where to go.

Harbinger of Fools
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

You can't get higher than level 50 solo. At 50 your XP is capped until you do an annoying quest that will require the help of much much higher levels. A "level limit break" quest is needed to progress from 50-55, 60-65, 70-75 etc.

If you don't have high level friends, don't bother. The game is way too punishing for new players this late in it's life.