Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafters & Gatherer Artifact Armor

RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

Artifact Armor are Specific job equipment.. Square-Enix updated their FFXIV website with Crafters & Gatherers info and picture with their gear..

Carpenter:

Blacksmith:

Armorer:

Goldsmithing:

Leatherworker:

Weaver:

Alchemist:

Culinarian:

Miner:

Botanist:

Fisher:

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I hope i wont have to spend all day running back and forth inside a open dungeon looking for a coffer treasure spawn to get my artifact pieces or on top of that spend hours killing incredibly tough mobs for the extremely rare coffer key like in final fantasy 11.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I call fisherman and culinarian!
  • duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112

All the headgear was available in 1.23.

The crafting headpieces were made using rare ingredients (really, really tough to HQ)

The gathering headpieces were earned via hamlet defense, and were a rare (sometimes extremely rare) reward.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by tkreep
    I hope i wont have to spend all day running back and forth inside a open dungeon looking for a coffer treasure spawn to get my artifact pieces or on top of that spend hours killing incredibly tough mobs for the extremely rare coffer key like in final fantasy 11.

If it's anything like version 1.0, you will have to complete a long series of quests with mini bosses requiring a small group and a final encounter requiring a full group.  It will likely not be like FFXI where you had to hope to find a coffer and have 99 stacks of sneak and invis and hope to get the piece.   YoshiP=/ Tanaka.   FFXIV =/ FFXI.   

This game has a good balance of many things but it far more modern.  It's a spiritual successor to FFXI without sharing many of the mechanics.  The only thing really close is the one character all class model and the same races.  There are other minor similarities (mob designs ported from FFXI) but it really stop there.

The game has a great mix of things from other mmos (quest hubs from WoW and dynamic events from GW2 called Fates) but it also has a lot of unique concepts as well (Chocobo fighting companion for all classes, expansive and DEEP player housing).

I bet you that many many people will fall in love with the crafting and gathering system.  I have 2 lvl 50 crafting classes and 2 level 50 gathering.  It was a love hate relationship with crafting/gathering in 1.0.  After playing Beta, the crafting and gathering is 10x better.  Probably one of the best of any mmo in history.  Plain and simple... it's a lot of fun.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

but when you got it and 90% of population didnt. Did it feel good?

hell ya and it felt even better when i got the better afrtifact version from the raids, forgot what raids were called in ff11...Dynamis i think

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

but when you got it and 90% of population didnt. Did it feel good?

hell ya and it felt even better when i got the better afrtifact version from the raids, forgot what raids were called in ff11...Dynamis i think

Considering that it's been said many times that they want crafters to be able to craft without ever touching a combat class if they choose, I think it's safe to say that their AFs will be obtained through special crafting quests. It wouldn't make sense for them to have combat quests or raids for it.

For the combat classes though, sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of relic armour as raid drops in ARR.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I call fisherman and culinarian!

What have we got against "Cook", or "Chef"?

Not sure why, even Chefs don't walk around using that level of affectation, why would games?

"epicurean", the guy who eats the food...ok, whatever.

"mixologist", bartender with 'tude.

Better rename your 'fishers" as "piscatorians".

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

I hope we do so I can show off once I get it!