Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta

GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I know it sounds like Begging {It So Is} But I would love to give this Beta a go.

Have they been sending out invites to the Beta lately?

If so, other than signing up on their site, how do I get in?

The more I see, the More I want to try it.

Any info would help.

Comments

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .........wow in space, but they have some interesting concepts for housing for sure.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

It is Cartoony, But that is the look they are going for. Kind of a Team Fortress 2 -WOW look. It really has peaked my interest to the point I am kind of excited to play it. That hasn't happened for me in a LONG time.

It could turn out to be nothing but a Turd, but I would love to see.

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    I've been signed up from the beginning on 3 different accounts. I've asked around in the various MMO's I play and so far no one has talked to anyone who has received a beta invite. Not sure if they are even at that point yet, but here's hoping that they send some out soon.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Everyone in beta is still under NDA right now anyway, they really aren't supposed to be talking about being in the beta.

Pretty finite set of players would be in right now as Carbine isn't aiming for stress tests yet.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Giddian

It is Cartoony, But that is the look they are going for. Kind of a Team Fortress 2 -WOW look. It really has peaked my interest to the point I am kind of excited to play it. That hasn't happened for me in a LONG time.

Cartoony is ok IMO.  Look at Champions Online, Borderlands etc.

Look at this housing concept:

http://www.wildstar-online.com/media/uploads/images/media-wallpapers/HousingVideo_Wallpaper04_1920x1200.jpg

Reminds me of Outlands.

• kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79
    They did a stress test recently. In the email they said to me that I wouldn't be ripped off with just that and I was guaranteed beta or something. No updates since then. Was gonna give out the key to someone that would appreciate it but keys are email locked.
  • gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Deivos

Everyone in beta is still under NDA right now anyway, they really aren't supposed to be talking about being in the beta.

Pretty finite set of players would be in right now as Carbine isn't aiming for stress tests yet.

What about the stress test that happened last weekend?  Thousands of beta keys sent out....

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Ah I missed/forgot that then.

I'd still say that Carbine's focus is still largely on other elements, and their test group is going to remain a controlled size until they finally hit enough goals internally to consider the game 'complete' or stable enough to increase that count.

So it's still in progress of fleshing out and adding in content, then they can increase total volume for more bug testing and such, then once everything is at least loosely together do more open testing.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

it appears they are doing thier beta the old fashioned way which menas thier is no way in other then signing up at the main sight.

i hope they stick to thier guns on this i dont care for the pre tour bbetas.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    The beta is cake, which makes it a lie.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I know it sounds like Begging {It So Is} But I would love to give this Beta a go.

Have they been sending out invites to the Beta lately?

If so, other than signing up on their site, how do I get in?

The more I see, the More I want to try it.

Any info would help.

According to the forums, the next Closed Beta Key handouts/wave will arrive in approx. 2-2,5weeks. That is at or shortly after E3.

The funny things with Closed Betas and their NDA is: Who has a proof that the game is even in CBT? :) could be only advertisement for the game and the only beta we ever see is the Open Beta around Aug/Sep...

/conspiracy :on:

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Cartoony is ok IMO.  Look at Champions Online, Bonderlands etc.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/media/uploads/images/media-wallpapers/HousingVideo_Wallpaper04_1920x1200.jpg

Reminds me of Outlands.

I think you meant Borderlands, And the Housing looks sweet. Like I needed something else to get me geeked. LOL

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Cartoony is ok IMO.  Look at Champions Online, Bonderlands etc.

Reminds me of Outlands.

I think you meant Borderlands, And the Housing looks sweet. Like I needed something else to get me geeked. LOL

Yeah Borderlands......................