Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New patch, skirmishers continue to be just as OP, warriors nerfed and elementalists boosted

Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

So is Tasos playing a skirmisher? Is that why he hold their hands?

Warriors they seem to make more or less useless with the new changes to both -

• Stoic Defense
    • 80% slower casting
    • 20% less duration
    • 25% higher Mana cost
  • Spellbane
    • 30% less Protection Bonus
    • 50% higher Mana cost

Do Aventurine even test what their changes actually mean to the balance of the game? I very much doubt these clowns know what they're doing, very much amateurs at play over at Aventurine.

And mages will pretty much kill anything in there way after these changes although i agree they needed some love.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?371431-Patch-Notes-May-31

These are the patch notes for today, Friday, May 31st

General Fixes

• Fixed a bug where in some cases the digging skill would block the player from performing other actions.
  • Fixed a bug where if you were in shoulder camera mode you weren't able to dig.
  • Fixed a bug where two strongboxes could spawn one inside the other.
  • Fixed a bug where chat would not update clan ranks of players.
  • Fix for serious performance drop when dragging an item in backpack while the organization bar was visible.
  • Fix for text fields not unlocking the keyboard input, when the owner window lost focus.
  • Fixed a bug with tooltip sizing.
  • Fix for a client crash when splitting all items in a stack and then moving the item (Changed ranges in slider so that the full amount cannot be selected to split).
  • Fix for trading window being locked as the active window (A/D wouldn't scroll the backpack, also, performance drop when dragging items into the backpack).
  • Fixed an issue with trade windows getting stuck when a bag was renamed.
  • Reduced the delay when switching graphics options.
  • Fix for random idle animations affecting attack animations.
  • Fix for player being able to rotate if he dies while mounted or while steering a ship.
  • Fixed a bug where some protected areas had a visual offset on the map.
  • Fix for Leap skill getting canceled on charging.

Round Robin changes

• You can exclude a player from the system. The queue does not change; the system will just ignore the excluded player. Similarly, the queue does not change when the leader includes a player.
  • Excluding/including players can be done from the button on the right side of each party member bar.
  • If all players are excluded the round robin system will be disabled and the player who gave the last hit will get also the kill.
  • Every time the leader includes/excludes a member from the round robin system all the players will get a chat message, and the round robin button related to this player will become grayed out.
  • Every time a member gets a kill credit, all members will get a chat message and also the related button to this player will get a green color.

Skill changes

• Stoic Defense
    • 80% slower casting
    • 20% less duration
    • 25% higher Mana cost
  • Static Field
    • 40% faster casting
    • 16% less Mana cost
    • 33% less Stamina cost

• Spellbane
    • 30% less Protection Bonus
    • 50% higher Mana cost

• Lightning Bolt
    • 50% higher Blind duration

• Magma Bomb
    • 33% less Mana cost
    • 50% less Stamina cost
  • Attunement to Air
    • 50% less Mana cost
  • Heat Stroke
    • 33% less Mana cost

• Tornado
    • 60% more Cold Damage
    • 5% faster cooldown
    • 25% less Mana cost
    • 20% less Stamina cost

Parry

You can now parry with Bows and Staffs as well.

Feat changes

• New dungeon specific feats.
  • All previously hidden feats will now be visible.

Crafting/Salvaging window changes

Crafting and salvaging windows now display an indication whether the “clan workstation bonuses” are active at the current workstation or not, and which values are, or would be, affected. A full description of the available bonuses can be seen in the tooltip of the “tick” or “cross” icon, next to the “Clan Workstation Bonuses” text. 

Holdings and Control Points:

When a village or holding marker is clicked, connections between the clicked marker and holdings/villages are shown.

World changes

A new dungeon was added in Iriendir

Monsters

The Troll Monster Family got a major revamp:

• New Troll and Cave Troll Variation
  • New Troll Warrior and Cave Troll Warrior Variation
  • New Troll Shaman and Cave Troll Shaman Variation
  • New, Unique Troll Boss: Primitive Trollish Juggernaut

Audio changes

Fixed Rockbanger footsteps

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I play a Primalist, and I think you're being overly dramatic.

Warriors will continue to be the all-around strongest class in the game.

Elementalists needed the spell cost reduction.

If Skirmishers are so OP, why don't you play one?

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Mages were out of mana almost immediately prior to patch, so yeah they needed a fix. 

The warrior nerf i still dont get. i can see the mana cost changes but not the  duration nerf.

Skirms are ok only because they can dictate the fight's pace, but like every other game almost EVER, they are good at killing squishy primalist, and most skill-less mages, thats about it. If you are a warrior and you die to a skirm, you should really consider changing classes.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Lustmord

I play a Primalist, and I think you're being overly dramatic.

Warriors will continue to be the all-around strongest class in the game.

Elementalists needed the spell cost reduction.

If Skirmishers are so OP, why don't you play one?

I prefer play warrior and it is up to Aventurine to balance the classes.

DFUW is a joke when it comes to balance if you compare with for example UO.

Warriors have never been the all-arround strongest class, thats skirmishers.

And i agree elementalist needed the boost.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Skirms are ok only because they can dictate the fight's pace, but like every other game almost EVER, they are good at killing squishy primalist, and most skill-less mages, thats about it. If you are a warrior and you die to a skirm, you should really consider changing classes.

[mod edit]

Not sure I agree there.  Playing on my clanmates alt at time I shit on a skirm 1 v 1 IF they stick around to fight.  Otherwise most of the time the skirm just has to bail and retreat or get shit on but they should rarely beat a warrior 1 on 1 - they almost always have to run away and of course do escape no problems.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

The new content is just extraordinary.  Trolls, nalaeds, and some boss.  Apparently, nothing good, and about the equivalent to one of the beginner type dungeons in DF1.  It took AV this long to come out with "new content" that's supposedly been finished for months and months, and it's this garbage?

Congrats, AV. 

No matter how much great pvp there is to be had, this guy ain't resubbing.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

[mod edit]

I dont understand why you are personally attacking me. I do not play as a Skirm.

I only repeat what EVERYONE else in multiple clans have said "If you lose as a warrior to a skirm, you are doing something DRASTICALLY wrong". MY warrior has only lost to one Skirm, and it was in a duel where my own inexperience cost me the fight.

Warriors do not lose to Skirms, just LOS him and wait for him to come close, they never will do that though, they will just run. Skirm can only kite a warrior, and if the warrior allows himself to be kited, it's his OWN fault and he deserves to lose.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?366202-god-damn-killing-warriors-is-hard

Perhaps you should actually PLAY darkfall or visit the actual game's forum before spewing out personal attacks and lies. A skilled Skirm will beat an inexperienced Warrior anyday, but 2 players of equal skill level, the Warrior will win unless it is a complete open field.

P.S. it's "lose"   :)   not "loose"

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

[mod edit]

I dont understand why you are personally attacking me. I do not play as a Skirm.

I only repeat what EVERYONE else in multiple clans have said "If you lose as a warrior to a skirm, you are doing something DRASTICALLY wrong". MY warrior has only lost to one Skirm, and it was in a duel where my own inexperience cost me the fight.

Warriors do not lose to Skirms, just LOS him and wait for him to come close, they never will do that though, they will just run. Skirm can only kite a warrior, and if the warrior allows himself to be kited, it's his OWN fault and he deserves to lose.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?366202-god-damn-killing-warriors-is-hard

Perhaps you should actually PLAY darkfall or visit the actual game's forum before spewing out personal attacks and lies. A skilled Skirm will beat an inexperienced Warrior anyday, but 2 players of equal skill level, the Warrior will win unless it is a complete open field.

P.S. it's "lose"   :)   not "loose"

Warriors loose to skirmishers all the time if played well on both parts. Thats how poorly balanced the game is. Anyone claiming anything else just dont know the game.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Warriors loose to skirmishers all the time if played well on both parts. Thats how poorly balanced the game is. Anyone claiming anything else just dont know the game.

Sorry, you loose.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

This thread is "Epic Loose"

~Hairysun

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

All roles are OP in something, that's what makes the roles different.

Skirms have mobility

Warriors have insane health, high defense, a movement skill, invulnerability, reflects...also a majority of the server are warriors

Elementalist have crazy damage and a skill that sucks stam dry in a few shots, making any class useless.

primalists have heals and support and a bubble

Learn to play and fight a good *insert underpowered class* and see how you have no idea what you are talking about.

WHen theres multiple threads complaining about each role being over powerd...you know theres balance. I still think warriors are a bit on the OP side, as does a majority of the server, and that's really because of the strength booster paired with their abilities.                                

• ZNICKZNICK Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

Not sure I agree there.  Playing on my clanmates alt at time I shit on a skirm 1 v 1 IF they stick around to fight.  Otherwise most of the time the skirm just has to bail and retreat or get shit on but they should rarely beat a warrior 1 on 1 - they almost always have to run away and of course do escape no problems.

I agree with this guy... it's Warriors that are OP if anythng.  If a skirm doesn't die to a warr it's because he ran away...

Z

Join TOSH, 13 Year MMORPG Guild: www.theorderofthesilverhand.com