Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Just under 500k"

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by jpnz

The amount of angst that some posters feel in this thread is really funny (and sad) now that SWTOR is profitable for EA.

Meh, I'm enjoying the content it offers so whatever.

+1 for positivity!!!

I really don't get it either. Honestly, if you want to argue about numbers then just log onto the game and see what the server populations are like. I play during off-peak hours and I can say that the populations are more than healthy. I rarely see fewer than 30 or 40 people in a given "instance". That's even including my starship. Then, on top of that there are usually 15-20 instances, on average per area. Then you've got 20 planets, plus dungeons, plus PVP which all have individual instances on their own. That's on a single faction on a single server too. 

So I wouldn't be at all surprised if, across all servers, there are, conservatively, a half million people perpetually online. I mean that's totally pulling numbers out of my ass, but at least it comes with a personal account and not just someone speculating, a la the OP. If you want to see for yourself, log on.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by Ezoran just to put it out there.     how many players can a server hold at a time?   there's what? maybe 8 servers.  if it's 400,000; then, that's 50,000 per server, if there's 8 servers.  if they're down to 6, then it's more like 66,666 players per server.  25% more on either number if it's "close to" half a million. that is, IF everyone played at the same time, and they do need to take that into account. the little that my guildmates and i have played lately - there is quite a bit of lag, no matter which state we are in, nor which coast server we play on.   i just don't see them having a f2p/cash shop operation going on, anticipating over 80,000 folks at HEAVY times (according to server status?)...   just saying.   how many concurrent players (and everything they bring to the server), do you believe swtor can handle per server?
      there are 8 US servers, 9 EU servers, and 3 Asia servers. you might want to do your math again since there are actually 20 total servers and not 8, even though the 3 Asia serves are pretty dead from what i hear.
    I'll just leave this here:

and why would you leave that there? other than to just troll of course.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by jpnz

The amount of angst that some posters feel in this thread is really funny (and sad) now that SWTOR is profitable for EA.

Meh, I'm enjoying the content it offers so whatever.

Good that you are enjoying the content but saying the game is now profitable is a big jump - EA forgot to mention this at the conference call! On the day they pulled the number of subs I agree with you it probably was - assuming EA have "written off" the development costs. I also suspect that the number of subs in May has dropped - possibly down to below 200k.

Becoming a subscriber in April was the obvious thing to do for anyone who wanted to buy Makeb. They got a $10 discount, c. $5 worth of cartel coins and, if they didn't have it already, preferred status.

In May? Much less compelling. Especially if they had "finished" Makeb.

SWTOR is a F2P game with a cash shop item called "monthly sub". To be profitable it needs a lot of people to buy the monthy sub bundle on a regular basis. Or buy lots of other things in the shop. On a regular basis is the key to being profitable. Only then will EA drop this gem into their conference calls. To put it into perspective EA are closing The Sims Online in June because the daily number of users had fallen from 10M to 6M. That's not accounts that's daily users! Daily users not buying enough in the cash shop.

2.1 did not go down well. The announced "content" in 2.2 has caused unhappiness. Would it have been so hard for EA to include the Cathar unlock as part of the May sub? Sure those who sub can use the coins they get but so can those who subbed in April (for Makeb) and then unsubbed.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

EA needs "millions of subscribers to survive" lets see that in many peoples "math" they need like 100 million.

This should be self evident as most people point to EA's math in "under 500k" to be 200k at best.

Subs need to be past the 500k mark to be profitable, but that cash shop doesn't count because back when it was a sub only game they said 500k. Since they no longer have 500k subs (remember cash shops do not count) they are obviously failing and are gonna shut the doors down tomorrow, you just wait, they said something once upon a time in a press release that they are not doing well, people hated one aspect of a patch, so obviously they are done by June 11th.

Just look at Instance 3 in fleet, there are only like 100 people there, the game is SOOOO dead, you cannot find a single person. Don't even bother to try and run a raid as you can only get 5, even with a sub (or at least that is what I thought I read once upon a time) and the only way to get more is to fork over 50$ for a weekly pass as you cannot purchase anything from the now defunct Galactic Trade Network.

Don't even get my started that my Twilek cannot club dance if I'm not subbed, that is wrong.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Warley

I 'just' want to make a point here about that wording. It doesn't necessarily mean a number that is 'close to' 500k.  In fact, 'just under' really means nothing since it could be anything from 1 subscriber to 499k subscribers. People are 'paid money' to come up with wording that makes something sound better than it may be.  So, instead of saying something like "close to 200k' they could say "just under 500k," without it being an outright lie. They wouldn't be outright lying, just playing on words to make it sound like more than it really is.

Under 500 K could also mean 400K...but people are mostly half glass empty around here. We must always assume the worst.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Panzerbase
    So basically the the hyped WoW killer became a niche game catering to Star Wars fans who can ignore the deficiencies. 

SWTOR devs never made any direct comments about being WOW killer. The only company i know who made a direct statement was Anet.

“We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them. We’ll be satisfied when the Guild Wars 2 is the most successful MMO

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/out-for-number-one/

And i read recently they have 400K concurrent players.

All the  WOW killer hype for STO was generated by players as usual.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

OP has a valid point but is lost under the weight of gross exaggeration.Companies exaggerate/manipulate numbers especially when talking to investors but I doubt it's tot he extent the OP is suggesting.Now if they said  "Under 500K" I'd think assuming some where between 400K-500K would be a fair range.But they said "just under " so I would assume 450K-500K would be a reasonable spread.

I am not a fan of the game outside of the initial leveling experience.While they have had lots of content updates most of those content updates were pretty small outside of the ones they expect money for.What I mean is that yes they've released plenty of flashpoints but those flashpoints are pretty tiny taking less than half an hour to complete the first time bar complications. and the content very easy even on heroic bar one boss here and there.Operations weren't much better

Or they just created time sinks with old content  by introducing new currencies or screwing with the old ones then creating daily quests.Now I realize to casual players this is great coz they get bite sized gaming in all areas of the game.But even the most casual player won't have problems breezing through this game's end game content once they reach it.

Having said all that I don't wish the game's failure,it's just not for me.

• Pongo_Pongo_ Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    So basically the the hyped WoW killer became a niche game catering to Star Wars fans who can ignore the deficiencies. 

SWTOR devs never made any direct comments about being WOW killer. The only company i know who made a direct statement was Anet.

“We were number two to World of Warcraft with Guild Wars, now we want to beat them. We’ll be satisfied when the Guild Wars 2 is the most successful MMO

Ray Muzyka did say Old Republic 'will more than compete' with World of Warcraft

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306437/bioware-old-republic-will-more-than-compete-with-world-of-warcraft/

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Pongo_

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306437/bioware-old-republic-will-more-than-compete-with-world-of-warcraft/

Well with WOW losing about 25% of it's player base over the last 2 years and SWTOR lost about 75% ( mind you most of that was probably people who got the game for Christmas and/or love SW and thought they would try it , IMO ) then SWTOR is only 50% down from killing WOW.

In fact if you add up all the F2P people and the subbs then SWTOR has gained more than it lost and WOW has still lost about 25% even with the MOP expansion. It's chipping away at WOW.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by BreakingBad
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Well with WOW losing about 25% of it's player base over the last 2 years and SWTOR lost about 75% ( mind you most of that was probably people who got the game for Christmas and/or love SW and thought they would try it , IMO ) then SWTOR is only 50% down from killing WOW.

In fact if you add up all the F2P people and the subbs then SWTOR has gained more than it lost and WOW has still lost about 25% even with the MOP expansion. It's chipping away at WOW.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

[mod edit]

I thought it was worth about 4/5 ? For sh**s and giggles ? No the main point is WOW has been chipped away at by the amount people that are leaving at , who knows what they have gone off to do instead but yeah. It also depends on how much money the F2P and preferred crowd spend on SWTOR , o didn't they mention that ? Anyways if they spend about $15 or more a month then indeed SWTOR has about 2.2 mil paying customers and from 500k - 1 mil subbs before F2P started then that's a hell of a gain and WOW has lost what is it about 2-3 mil users. WOW won't die anytime soon but it's shrinking matey boy :).Maybe i should become the Anti-SNG :P.

Glad to see he want's PSO2 almost as much as me though :).

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by BreakingBad

Cheers,

BadOrb.

[mod edit]

I thought it was worth about 4/5 ? For sh**s and giggles ? No the main point is WOW has been chipped away at by the amount people that are leaving at , who knows what they have gone off to do instead but yeah. It also depends on how much money the F2P and preferred crowd spend on SWTOR , o didn't they mention that ? Anyways if they spend about $15 or more a month then indeed SWTOR has about 2.2 mil paying customers and from 500k - 1 mil subbs before F2P started then that's a hell of a gain and WOW has lost what is it about 2-3 mil users. WOW won't die anytime soon but it's shrinking matey boy :).Maybe i should become the Anti-SNG :P.

Glad to see he want's PSO2 almost as much as me though :).

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Wildstar will cheap away even more WoW players. On other side SWTOR as sci-fi is in other league, so I do not think Wildstar  will be a danger to SWTOR other than F2P players trying it. I personally am tired of fantasy MMOs. other sci-fi MMOs: SWTO and EVE never got me enough excited to play more than 1 day. Darn.. I subed to EVE for 3 months thinking that it will get me involved... I was logging just to advance my skills until my sub finally ended few days ago. Not going to resub, unless something is going to change in game and make it more attractive for newcomers. I intend to be subbed to SWTOR until the end, it's the only game that makes me want to log in and play MMO right now. I love classes, I love my characters (21 of them), and I have so much stuff to do still in game that I do not thing I will get bored any time soon. I bet the new expansion will come earlier than that LOL.

My golden rule is... if I get bored after 1 day in MMO... I quit.  Tried WoW and lasted one day as well :) but that's fantasy. EQ2 and LOTRO were the only games that lasted longer, but I got bored of them eventually.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Well....

Lets take a look at another game called Darkfall where they are quoted as being a success with 5k and imo much less active subs.

SWTOR is a success even if they game sucks, Darkfall UW, is a piece of trash of a game and is an apparent success to its community when it has 5k subs...which is stretching the truth.

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by Salenger

Well....

Lets take a look at another game called Darkfall where they are quoted as being a success with 5k and imo much less active subs.

SWTOR is a success even if they game sucks, Darkfall UW, is a piece of trash of a game and is an apparent success to its community when it has 5k subs...which is stretching the truth.

SWTOR hasn't been a success. Now, the f2p launch has been successful so far, but -overall- SWTOR has been a financial failure for EA.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    So, apparently the game is not closing down. Thanks, OP. Next thread.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

You cannot even argue with SWTOR fans as they just report your posts if you slight their game and have them removed.

Seriously, my post wasn't offensive in any way, just friendly banter. You are just sad, pathetic people which is quite amusing especially the most rabid fan considering your age, you really need to get a perspective on life and stop being so quick on the report button and realize how lame your actions are.

Now you can report me.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

i have to agree with some people in here , i think that swtor is just riding the cash shop for a long while and there is tons of posts right now on their forums about the summer 2 heroics updates. They are adding plenty of cartel garbage fluff gear and things for players to buy and not adding any content really until the super secret BIG pvp update they keep spinning every few weeks. I honestly kinda feel sorry for regular players of this game because they get probably the less amount of content for their money they spend. It was exactly like this with the hardcore warhammer fans , they got a monthly sub on a game that still has bugs (tons) from beta and had to pay for a renoun cap increase and a pet that gives extra stats in a pvp game. This is EA at its full core on ALL their games though but rabid fans continue to throw them money so what do you expect ?

Do a comparison of games content updates (actual content) and see where SWTOR actually falls in place. Its def behind wow , GW2 , lotrs online , rift , TSW ,and EQ2. Who also has the absolute most restrictive free to play system on the market? SWTOR once again. I think the only games right now that get less content for their sub players is AOC and TERA. Thats sad fans you guys need to do something about that.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by ignore_me

Originally posted by SuperPaneki I only hope they get their money back. Their stake was very high, and their passion even higher. They didn't risk creating a new kind of mmo, but they did their best. They deserve goodness. Next time, I hope they leave EA out their business, and create a better kind of video-game. Something more playable and enjoyable.   May the force be with you, young padawans.
    These are misguided platitudes. Bioware is responsible for everything wrong with SWTOR, EA just funded them and failed to provide oversight.

I think they left their passion in the employee bathroom, it sure didn't make it into the game. Nearly every system was incomplete and ill-conceived at launch.

The people who made this game deserve to be fired (and some were). Apologize for them some more, your fate will be more shit games.

nearly every system was incomplete? people making shit up to bash SWTOR now.

not that it surprises me at all on this website.

SWTOR had systems for doing things in the game that were so anemic or simple that the only way I can describe them is Incomplete. It was pretty obvious at the two week mark post launch that SWTOR didn't even have the complexity of the very dumbed down WoW. Put the THC away and pay attention.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Every MMO that releases competes with WOW but there is difference between competing with WOW and absurd cocky claims to beat WOW and become number one.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• Pongo_Pongo_ Member UncommonPosts: 38

Every MMO that releases competes with WOW but there is difference between competing with WOW and absurd cocky claims to beat WOW and become number one.

I don't think you read the article. 

fact is bioware did make absurd cocky claims.

• cgplayercgplayer Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by simplius

so youre posting in a thread , you didnt even read? a wise choice indeed,,

WE WANT A GOOD STAR WARS MMO,,is it really that hard to understand? I do understand this agree with you 100%, the problem is SWTOR is better than it was at launch and continues to get better.   IS THAT REALLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND?  I have asked your little puppy SNG this many many times, he has yet to answer maybe you can.

SINCE LAUNCH!!!

Did they give us interface mod?

Did they introduce the legacy system?

Did they introduce achievments? 

Did they introduce reputation?

How many flashpoints have they added (the new 55hm count they have new mechanics and new bosses in each fight)?

How many daily areas have they added?

How many ops have they added?

How many events have there been?

Have they added a new planet?

Was there a level cap?

Have they added no warzones?

Are there new world bosses?

Have they improved classes?

Have they added a new race?

How many new speeders have they added?

How many new sets of gear have they added?

How many new datacrons?  

I have more question if you can answer any of the above.  This also goes to the very confused guy who is trying to compare SWTOR content with WoW (8rs), LOTRO (6yrs), etc etc.  You cant compare those come back in 6yrs than we can talk.  

and swtor isnt good enough: For some yes it is, WHY IS THAT HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND.  

the sub numbers show it: Your right just under 500k players is horrible.  SWTOR is in the top 5 if not top 3 of western MMO's WHY IS THAT HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND

the devs have admitted to it: 1st they are very happy with swtor sub and f2p numbers since going f2p.  2nd they have admitted to wanted to keep improving on SWTOR how is that bad?  Oh thats right you guys like to play on works and make stuff up.  

even wall street knows it: Please show some facts where SWTOR was mentioned poorly on wall street since f2p.  

but you dont:  You dont understand how sad you guys look 1 1/2 later still crying about launch.  You dont understand the game has gotten better, you dont understand we dont think its perfect.  You and your little puppy SNG need to move on, SWG closed SWTOR will be around for awhile get over it go outside maybe even talk to someone from the opposite sex.  

Well you dont need to read his crap cause it goes like this.  Copy/paste the same crap, copy/past an small portion of of quote from somewhere usually out of context.  They have some bs about how Makeb was supposed to be released at launch, than say how STO is better but leave out how it took them 3 1/2 yrs to release the Romulas faction.  You see no need to read his garbage.  Its cute you are running to his aid but I will answer your questions.  

• cgplayercgplayer Member Posts: 20

They are not alone everyone has goals some are high like devs and some are absurd, like  haveing a weird awkward obsession single handedly take down SWTOR from this site(SNG and SIG)...

No go to a GW2 and let them know too. 

Originally posted by Pelaaja
    Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by Pelaaja Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by Ezoran just to put it out there.     how many players can a server hold at a time?   there's what? maybe 8 servers.  if it's 400,000; then, that's 50,000 per server, if there's 8 servers.  if they're down to 6, then it's more like 66,666 players per server.  25% more on either number if it's "close to" half a million. that is, IF everyone played at the same time, and they do need to take that into account. the little that my guildmates and i have played lately - there is quite a bit of lag, no matter which state we are in, nor which coast server we play on.   i just don't see them having a f2p/cash shop operation going on, anticipating over 80,000 folks at HEAVY times (according to server status?)...   just saying.   how many concurrent players (and everything they bring to the server), do you believe swtor can handle per server?
      there are 8 US servers, 9 EU servers, and 3 Asia servers. you might want to do your math again since there are actually 20 total servers and not 8, even though the 3 Asia serves are pretty dead from what i hear.
    I'll just leave this here:    
      and why would you leave that there? other than to just troll of course.
    To point out your ignorance. I'm beyond trolling, see.

You're, what? 4th generation of SWTOR white knights? I tend to lose track on you.

The game flopped, and will shut down once CM loses it's allure. Sorry for all the guys wearing jedi capes but looks like it's the story of Star Wars (MMO) games.

And after that you have to toggle your hood by yourself.

to point out my ignorance? so i am wrong and there isn't 20 SWTOR servers? again, why the hell did you even respond? or are you just being a worthless troll?

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

At the time that article was written SWG was active, in full swing, and servers were surprisingly growing, with 3 locked out servers to transfers as they were all FULL, and could not accept any more players and a fourth filling up fast.

SWTOR can not even manage to get 1 FULL server now, although that is down to them not adding in all round server transfers. The only transfers they allow for is when servers get dead. I do not understand why they do not make this possible from day one -  server populations are going down equally because of it, and players are unable to move, so when they will all eventually get low enough, more people will stop playing the game.

Also that is around the time when Dallas Dickinson started the "difficult triage process" cutting features out of the game which also probably included the removal of SWG

Despite the freaky growth of SWG in June 2011, they still decided to shut down the game 2 weeks later. Why shut down a game that is growing? They wanted to make sure SW fans only have 1 MMO to be able to play. With all the stuff they planned to cut out of the game, their confidence in SWTOR took a massive nose dive. If SWG stayed alive, SWTOR would be totally dead now.

Maybe if they did not cut these features out, then the game may have lived up to those claims?

One thing is for sure, is that SWTOR has been one big massive financial MMO screw up

Originally posted by baphamet  

Originally posted by SuperPaneki I only hope they get their money back. Their stake was very high, and their passion even higher. They didn't risk creating a new kind of mmo, but they did their best. They deserve goodness. Next time, I hope they leave EA out their business, and create a better kind of video-game. Something more playable and enjoyable.   May the force be with you, young padawans.
    These are misguided platitudes. Bioware is responsible for everything wrong with SWTOR, EA just funded them and failed to provide oversight.   I think they left their passion in the employee bathroom, it sure didn't make it into the game. Nearly every system was incomplete and ill-conceived at launch. The people who made this game deserve to be fired (and some were). Apologize for them some more, your fate will be more shit games.
      nearly every system was incomplete? people making shit up to bash SWTOR now. not that it surprises me at all on this website.
    SWTOR had systems for doing things in the game that were so anemic or simple that the only way I can describe them is Incomplete. It was pretty obvious at the two week mark post launch that SWTOR didn't even have the complexity of the very dumbed down WoW. Put the THC away and pay attention.

so what system was incomplete again? i am still waiting. saying it wasn't complex enough for you is not going to cut it, you should have just said that to begin with instead of trying to lie about it.

fact is, the systems they had in game at launch were compete, even if you didn't like them.

a failed launch or incomplete systems as you put it, was not why SWTOR had its max exodus of players.

its funny when people have to start making shit up to bash this game.

don't try to attack me and tell em to pay attention when you don't even know what the hell you are talking about lol

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by cgplayer

Well you dont need to read his crap cause it goes like this.  Copy/paste the same crap, copy/past an small portion of of quote from somewhere usually out of context.  They have some bs about how Makeb was supposed to be released at launch, than say how STO is better but leave out how it took them 3 1/2 yrs to release the Romulas faction.  You see no need to read his garbage.  Its cute you are running to his aid but I will answer your questions.  

I enjoyed the e-mail I got recently telling me to come try out STO's first expansion. It took them 3 1/2 years to put Romulans in and it isn't a third faction. For PVP  you have to align yourself with one of the two major factions. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with Makeb, which took less time to be released and is a much better  experience.

And if you STO fans want to keep playing the "what was said before launch" card then we can do the same for the promises that STO failed to deliver on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

•  At Gen Con Jack Emmert, CEO Cryptic Studios, said: Klingon. Yeah. So two factions, full PvE content."
    • Executive Producer: Klingon Empire will be competing for influence and resources throughout the galaxy and players can influence the results through PvP battles and a system we're calling Competitive PvE."
    • _Star Trek Online launched without, and still does not have, any competitive PvE content.
    • _________________________________________________________________________________________

I also remember Romulans being promised as far back as pre-launch to be added to the game and it took them 3 and 1/2 years to do it. Yet TOR is a fail game for taking half the time to release it's first expansion? Right.
    • Wake me when Romulans are a REAL faction. A real faction is one that is completely autonomous and a major force in the galaxy. Not this gimped crap that brings Romulans down to the same level as a minor race.
    • Wake me when STO is able to implement cut scenes that don't look like something that was thrown together by someone who flunked out of video editing school.
    • Wake me when STO can implement ground combat that is smooth and doesn't have characters flying all over the place.
    • Wake me when my captain is actually a captain who can make his own choices.
    • Wake me when STO has more going for it than the Starfleet Command style space combat. It's fun for a few minutes but gets old real quick.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

This discussion has been closed.