Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Would you play WoW if it went B2P/F2P?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Simple question, hopefully a decent poll. If you don't play WoW, would you play WoW if they switched to a B2P or F2P business model? If you do play WoW, would you continue playing under one of those models?

Some assumptions:
Cash shop for items will not include gear, unless there is the option for visual changes to gear, in which case the visual options will be included.

Not everything available in the cash shop will be available in game, but the items will not offer any performance advantage that can't be obtained in the game. For instance, mounts purchased in the cash shop will not be available in game, but also will not be faster or offer storage or something similar.

And so on. No P2W, etc.

There is another thread, but the poll is borked because hitting enter posts the thread.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I doubt it.  I never liked the game when I tried it. In my opinion there is so many better games out there. 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Sovrath
    I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options. 

I'm sure there will be lots of muffins. :-)

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Exactly.  I didn't vote because the OP was clearly trying to be funny with the last choice, omitting the last option from the poll.

I will never play WoW again, that is because I don't like it.

Making it free will not change whether or not I like it.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I wouldn't, loved WoW for 6 years, but theres simply nothing there anymore.

Besides, F2P models are worse then P2P, i freaking hate cash shops, i don't even like them when they're just purely cosmetic, i want access to the full game no strings attached, don't care if that means a Sub fee or box price, but i don't want a cash shop.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Blueberry please.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Ditto.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I would just play it if ftp,but only when bored of the other half dozen or so mmo's I like better.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Muffins in a landslide!

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I voted muffins!!! 

seriously though if it was f2p I would play it.  it's still the most polished mmo out there.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Darn you didn't put cupcakes as a choice :(

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Played wow off and on  the way up to mop and  will notbe going back. So much has changed in the game and not for the better. F2p in my opinion is not going to help wow.  The giant is dying and with all the new memos coming out this year all I can see is people leaving wow to try the new games. 
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Muffin companies have been marketing completely wrong. They need to take out some adds on MMORPG.com.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    If they made WoW a F2P/B2P game, I would probably dink around in it from time to time, but I would never play it seriously again. If anything, I would purchase an expansion and play the hell out of it for a couple of months before getting bored with it. I would most likely switch from Horde to Alliance though, just for some newish scenery.
  • suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

"I do not play and would not even bother to try"

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

When I played WoW I loved it. Solid game all round. When I got sick of it and saw the treadmill I couldn't go on. When it became a job and not something I did for fun I stopped and never went back. 

If it were to become free to play I would consider having an account around much like GW2, logging in for events or just to fart about for a while and enjoy the place.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Muffins, because I would try it tomorrow with a new progression server, and I would be happy to pay the box/sub.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

Muffins for me.

I even was given a free year of WoW, due to an account hack, and still didn't play.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

My option was not there so I chose Muffins

I played my fill of WoW  a long time ago and have no interest in ever returning, F2P or otherwise.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Muffins.

Post-Cata WoW i wouldn't play even for free.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Yeppers, I bet there will be more "Muffins" than any other single group.  For my part, I played it for about a month.  Canceled my sub and have never been tempted to try it again.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options
    Yes. The only way one can vote "No" is to be currently playing.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    I had to vote "muffins" as there is no "I do not play and would not try" options

Yes. The only way one can vote "No" is to be currently playing.

A response of "I don't want to play WoW" isn't very interesting. We already know there are tons and tons of people who have no interest in playing WoW. I'm one of them.

Besides, you don't think polls on this site actually prove anything, do you?

Originally posted by Ppiper
    no, I would not play it in a box with a fox or in a house with a mouse, I would not play that here or there, I would not play it anywhere.

You get a cookie for your response.

/cookie

Originally posted by Slappy1
    Darn you didn't put cupcakes as a choice :(

BLASPHEMER!