Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this have zone instancing like Age of Conan and SWTOR?

2»

Comments

• BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    So, small loading screen = seamless. Try again; a seamless world would suggest NO loading screen at all. Hence, WoW is NOT seamless.

Yeah if you would make wow truly seamless you would need a computer that costs more then you earn in a year. And if you think about it no game that has a playground as big as wow has is seamless. Why not? Because not many computers could run that game.

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by wilberg
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by amadeuz

From what I understand

The World, Nexus world in Wildstar is seamless world just like WoW, Rift

But when sometimes you do the PVE path quests, starting zone, arena pvp it will be phasing instance.

Also the game will has open world PVP, Flying Mounts so it is highly possible that Wildstar has seamless world

WOW, RIFT are not seamless worlds, they all have instanced dungeons that are cut off from the main world. I can travel across continents in RIFT without a loading screen.

If you have ever played DF you would know what a seamless world was.

...but nobody but the most neckbeardiest neckbeards play games like Darkfall because they have horrible production value and are unforgiving as hell. Instanced dungeons are fine, it's instanced overworlds that suck.

That's your opinion but it's not actually what the topic is about, he is not asking if or why people play DarkFall, is he?

Originally posted by Blackaddera

From what I understand

But when sometimes you do the PVE path quests, starting zone, arena pvp it will be phasing instance.

Also the game will has open world PVP, Flying Mounts so it is highly possible that Wildstar has seamless world

WOW, RIFT are not seamless worlds, they all have instanced dungeons that are cut off from the main world. I can travel across continents in RIFT without a loading screen.

Mate, WOW and Rift are seamless worlds. yeah dungeons are instanced and they require loading time but seamless world means that you can travel from zone to zone without loading.

Really, so i can cross the oceans without loading? And instanced dungeons means the world is not seamless and that's without the crossing of oceans lol.

Seems you don't know what a seamless world is i'm afraid.

Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    So, small loading screen = seamless. Try again; a seamless world would suggest NO loading screen at all. Hence, WoW is NOT seamless.

Yeah if you would make wow truly seamless you would need a computer that costs more then you earn in a year. And if you think about it no game that has a playground as big as wow has is seamless. Why not? Because not many computers could run that game.

That's irrelevantly, fact is that WOW isn't seamless, give up mate you are wrong.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    From what I heard it'll be like WoW's phasing for the story part.  There's no loading screens, but it's technically an instance shared with others that are on the same part of the story...I could be totally wrong about it, but that's what I heard.  I like phasing.
  • BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69

From what I understand

Mate, WOW and Rift are seamless worlds. yeah dungeons are instanced and they require loading time but seamless world means that you can travel from zone to zone without loading.

Really, so i can cross the oceans without loading? And instanced dungeons means the world is not seamless and that's without the crossing of oceans lol.

I'm sorry but there are no games where there is no loadingscreen for a dungeon. Because a dungeon is a 5-man (sometimes 6-man)  only thing if that is not instanced you get an overrun of a place that is meant for a small number of ppl. And as i've said before to make a world as big as wow is seamless you need a pc you can't afford.

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

From what I understand

I'm sorry but there are no games where there is no loadingscreen for a dungeon. Because a dungeon is a 5-man (sometimes 6-man)  only thing if that is not instanced you get an overrun of a place that is meant for a small number of ppl. And as i've said before to make a world as big as wow is seamless you need a pc you can't afford.

Vanguard and DF have no instancing or loading into dungeons, if  20 groups enter the dungeons you will see those groups in the dungeons. I've notice you have given up and the WOW being seamless claim which is sensible.

Again you are wrong and i think it's time to give up.

• Originally posted by SavageHorizon

From what I understand

Using your logic... DF:UW is not seamless either. The safe area city dungeons are instanced and have a load screen.

• Originally posted by SavageHorizon

From what I understand

Vanguard and DF have no instancing or loading into dungeons, if  20 groups enter the dungeons you will see those groups in the dungeons. I've notice you have given up and the WOW being seamless claim which is sensible.

Some instances are private, some are public. Both are still instances. 

Originally posted by Deznts

From what I understand

Some instances are private, some are public. Both are still instances. 

[mod edit]

Vanguard has no instances, have you actually played a game that has no instances, it seems to me you haven't. Explain to us what you call an instance?

• indojabijinindojabijin Member UncommonPosts: 97

The questing hubs, cities and events are seamless. Meaning you can go from hub to hub, city to city without encountering a single loading screen. We don't know yet if Wildstar will have continents like WoW where you will require a loading screen - but know for sure once you're in that area there aren't any loading screens.

Warplots/PVP BVGs and housing are instanced. They will require a loading screen each time you enter/leave them. Special events from paths are phased. Things such as discovering labs from the scientist path, and discovering hidden tunnels from explorer are phased.

• wilbergwilberg Member Posts: 182
    To try to get this topic back on track, let me clarify that I want to know if individual zones are instanced/copied, a la AoC, CO, SWTOR.
  • VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    To try to get this topic back on track, let me clarify that I want to know if individual zones are instanced/copied, a la AoC, CO, SWTOR.

No.

At least they never said they would have several copies of the same map.

What we have is a game like WoW when coming to zones. Inside a single continent, you can seamlessly move from zone to zone with loading screens limited to when you move to another continent or in a dungeon/raid/housing/battlefield.

That being said, they have told us that Nexus has several continents, 3-4, plus also the Space part will have a loading screen, so it would look like to be as divided as is WoW of today instead of Vanilla wow (4 continents plus Outlands).

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• MoorqueenMoorqueen Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I believe if it is really busy there are multiple copies of Vanguard's APW dungeon/raid.
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by DMKano
    NDA :/

Hi, where is that NDA? Is it public?

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by indojabijin

The questing hubs, cities and events are seamless. Meaning you can go from hub to hub, city to city without encountering a single loading screen. We don't know yet if Wildstar will have continents like WoW where you will require a loading screen - but know for sure once you're in that area there aren't any loading screens.

Warplots/PVP BVGs and housing are instanced. They will require a loading screen each time you enter/leave them. Special events from paths are phased. Things such as discovering labs from the scientist path, and discovering hidden tunnels from explorer are phased.

Thank you.

Naturally, everyone will completely ignore your answer as it properly sums up what we have been shown and told so far as far as I'm aware.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Will each zone be instanced?

pretty much yes .

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Grailer

pretty much yes .

No they will not, please stop spreading wrong information. The world is as seamless as WoW, this has already been discussed publicly and summed up nicely in this thread by other posters. Also Carbine has spoke about how much they dislike phasing and will be trying to minimize it's usage in game so that's another plus.

Someone mentioned flying mounts and that is also incorrect. The Devs originally had planned for them but beta testers raged at them pretty hard so they're rethinking that decision and it is currently undecided. That was answered in a Q&A right here on MMORPG.com not long ago.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Originally posted by Grailer

pretty much yes .

No they will not, please stop spreading wrong information. The world is as seamless as WoW, this has already been discussed publicly and summed up nicely in this thread by other posters. Also Carbine has spoke about how much they dislike phasing and will be trying to minimize it's usage in game so that's another plus.

Someone mentioned flying mounts and that is also incorrect. The Devs originally had planned for them but beta testers raged at them pretty hard so they're rethinking that decision and it is currently undecided. That was answered in a Q&A right here on MMORPG.com not long ago.

I doubt very much they will beable to have 2000 players in one zone at once .

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Phasing is fine, especially for story content. WoW and SWTOR do it very well and I wouldn't mind it. It's zone instancing I don't want...

Okay, lots of people here seem entirely misinformed on many matters relating to WildStar. I joined a fansite for this game, to get in all the good information and have asked questions and have had some answered by devs. Pretty much, I've done research on this game - something most replies aren't including :)

This game will have phasing in starting zones in order to prevent over-bearing/lag on them (smart choice there). From their, depending on player load, phases may be an option. However after the starting zone per race, the open world is seamless unless you go to instanced-pvp (arena, warplots are examples) dungeons, or player housing (this is a work in progress, neighborhoods maybe?). The planet is also divided by continents and outer space. Both of these require loading into. I can speculate that the space zone(s) may be phased, but no idea on that. The space zone(s) is probably treated as another continent.

Explorers and Scientists may also unlock path content that is only accessible if you are grouped (possibly nearby) with that class when they open the secret door. You will encounter other explorers and scientists in these zones, making them not separate.

Anything contrary to this, unless stated by a dev or someone who has read something posted within the last couple days, is false information.