Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running out of things to do.. Recommendations?

2»

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Do some book shopping.

It's odd; you can't really recommend "remember that stuff you did before gaming?", because you can't be sure that applies any more.

But I had to remind my son, several times a year, that a world still existed away from the keyboard.

Seems to have worked, he's at least active (personal trainer) and outdoorsy now. His life in the sunshine is probably more balanced than mine, actually :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Ghrin

Now, for some games that I have played, and enjoyed..

Guildwars2

World of Warcraft

The Secret World

Rift

Defiance

Diablo 3

Allods Online

Runes of Magic

Requiem Bloodymare

Well I suggest you try anything from your selection... If you truly enjoyed all the ones above then you're easily entertained.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Well I suggest you try anything from your selection... If you truly enjoyed all the ones above then you're easily entertained.

You would prefer he be impossible to entertain?

What good would that do anyone, particularly himself?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• cowheadcowhead Member UncommonPosts: 94

EvE Online.

Different from most of the games you listed but still offers many things to do. While the game is PvP centric, you don't have to PvP by any means. Just have to be aware of your surroundings. You can mine, manufacture, explore, mission run, buy/sell on the market. The game allows and even encourages scamming of other players but its an unfriendly universe. Be aware and you are usually fine. There are varying levels of security (high, low, null) that allow you to get used to the game in relative safety.

You can be killed anywhere in space but as I have already said, simple awareness will take you a long way. The training is time based. You put a skill in a queue and it trains in real time; logged in or not. This allow you to train even if you can't log in. Also means that you can be doing other things while waiting for new skills to train.

In short: A harsh world but very satisfying if you can get into it.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by ThaneUlfgar
    Do you have Steam? There are a number of free-to-play mmos on there, you could kill some time checking some of them out, and who knows, maybe you'll find one you like.

^this is basically what i am doing. its kinda fun to check out odd or offbeat mmos and check their playstyle and mechanics out. its also nice just to explore the different worlds people have made.

and perhaps, along the way, you and i both  might find something to keep us interested for a few months.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• StzzaStzza Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Mechwarrior online is open beta and is pretty cool, if you can manage to stay interested and get enough creds to buy a decent Mech.  They are running a cadet bonus for your first 25 games atm so you can accumulate creds and xp like a premium member for a bit.  The trial mechs right now are weak, they change weekly though and the community is pushing for better builds for the trial mechs so people will stay interested.  Not an MMO but a decent time sink for me atm.

Playing : DayZ

Played : EVE, GW, SB, DF, AoC, WoW, WaR, L1, L2, Rift, AA, WS

Loved: DAoC, EVE, SB, old WoW, L2, GW2, EQ1-2

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

Eden Eternal ( the advert at the top of mmorpg currently )

cheers.

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82
    Maybe
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Vanguard

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• AxeshunAxeshun Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 82
    Maybe darkfall unholy wars? Gathering, crafting, pvp ,exploration. A bit different from the games op listed though.
  • GhrinGhrin Member UncommonPosts: 19

It's been a long time since I've replied to anyone, and I just want to thank you all for your wonderful replies. I have taken a lot of advice from all of you, and have recently been playing Steam games, and retried the games that I've played before. I couldn't get Vanguard on my computer, because it's full. After I finish downloading Tera (playing it with a friend, I got him a gaming computer for his birthday) I will go through my computer and delete some stuff so I can try it out. Done a little research, and it looks great. 

But I am up for any type of gaming. I have seen that there are a few gamers out there that are having the same problem I am. So if you want to message me here, or add me on steam (anyone can, always wanting to co-op with people) that would be awesome.

Steam: chelsegrin13

Have a great day everyone!

In the valley of death I cast a shadow to block out the sun. I am a monster accepting what i?ve become. My faith was drowned in a sea of doubts. Now the thorn littered road its my only way out so I push on. Iron willed. Demonized. Tongue forged in fire. Hate in my eyes. Celestial supremacy replaced with gloom. Inhale aggression and exhale doom