Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Open Beta Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that the North American open beta for Dragon's Prophet will be live later this afternoon PST. Players can sign up on the official site, grab the client, and begin playing as of May 30th.

"Whether they are terrorizing towns, serving as mighty companions, or swooping in to save the day, dragons unfailingly fascinate us, and pop culture's interest in these mystical beasts has become insatiable," said Todd Carson, Senior Producer of Dragon's Prophet. "Dragon's Prophet answers this community call for more dragons and is an extraordinary addition to the MMO fantasy genre, granting players access to hundreds of different types of dragons and offering a captivating combat system with high levels of customization -- for characters and dragons alike!"

Find out more on the Dragon's Prophet site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    So they fixed the translation issues, sluggish animations, and the numerous other issues already?
  • daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Says I don't have access at this time =/. The cake is a lie!!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Its may 30th and the patcher is still not letting me log in to at least download the game.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    I read on another news site that it was just EU today.. But maybe that has changed?

EDIT: I see the change... Ooh.. Must of been put in a rough spot with the announcement of Rift going F2P very soon.. This might end up as another failure for SoE's "third party" foray.. Might be the end of the third party game era at SoE..
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I believe they said servers open up at 5pm est for non VIP this was to give VIP a full 24hr head start.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Sorry I meant 5pm PST

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    It was delayed because they had an early access VIP Code email issue.  5pm PST guys just a few more hours.   They had to do this to ensure they gave EVERYONE who got early access 24 hrs since the VIP Codes were screwed up.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Looked terrible in closed beta, but combat was pretty good. I'll check it out again to see how it's improved.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Looked terrible in closed beta, but combat was pretty good. I'll check it out again to see how it's improved.

turn visual Quality at max looks a lot better

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    aion styled piperun spiced with pokemonish dragon taming. if nothing else is available , can kill some time with this title.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

i installed it today. i played the tutorial. so much talking and i couldnt skip it. it was so damn slow. graphics are not good.

i couldnt play on. i deinstalled it.

• codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by mistmaker

i installed it today. i played the tutorial. so much talking and i couldnt skip it. it was so damn slow. graphics are not good.

i couldnt play on. i deinstalled it.

Typical player such as you, who plays the tutorial and is already ready to give up the game, because the lazyness won over your interest in the game. The graphics are not at Gw2 level but it's not a bad looking game either.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Two words...

Not... ready.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I can't login. says i dont have access.
  • mmobootsymmobootsy Member Posts: 48

I've played for an hour. Some localization issues have been fixed, but I still stumbled across a few dev codes instead of text. Cutscenes are still a bit choppy. Not all subtitles match voice yet.

Character creation is great, many options. Questing (after the tutorial) is your basic stuff, nothing new there, no voice from the quest givers. Close to getting my first dragon, I think I'll have a look at how that plays out, but so far nothing has grabbed me enough to think I'll continue for long. Graphics are nice though.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    When I played during closed beta I was completely underwhelmed. I went in knowing nothing and not expecting very much at all since I had only seen a couple snippets on this website. The combat is boring, the enemies didn't prove tough, but had a lot of hp and made the twitch based action combat boring because it was just jumping around smacking the same mob forever. The quests were generic and didn't provide much fun. The only redeeming thing I found was that the graphics looked very nice and ran fluid on my pc. 
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by UnrealRpg
    I can't login. says i dont have access.

OB starts 5PM PST today.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    They made it so you can't even download the game until "it opens" just to give the VIPs more time. Annoying? Very.
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    So they fixed the translation issues, sluggish animations, and the numerous other issues already?

..not from when I was playing the closed beta.......guess they move fast!  shame I was looking forward to this title!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Lots of fixes in the OB build from what I've seen so far (in the headstart last night).

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Are you sure the OB isn't the 31st? The 30th is almost over. ;)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

The last CB build was the buggiest most incomplete thing I've ever seen it almost seemed like an extremely early Alpha build

Is there going to be a magic patch sometime soon that completely transforms this game from the ground up in all aspects and makes it worth people's time?

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

If you have XP u cannot play.... FAIL

Me and many friends like the Windows xp and this game is not compatible with that... so lol...

• Ichabod_CraneIchabod_Crane Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by mussolini

If you have XP u cannot play.... FAIL

Me and many friends like the Windows xp and this game is not compatible with that... so lol...

I think you mean you fail.  If you can't get with the times don't play on pc.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    lol. I'm enjoying the game so far. They are in open beta and will be fixing the text and improving the game over the next two weeks. 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!