Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't log in to the GW2.com website

Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

When I try to log in to the website or even the GW2 forums I get this message that says "Waiting for authentication" and to check my e-mail. I go to my e-mail and click on the link in the e-mail they send me and I get a "Failure" message. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

When I try to log in to the website or even the GW2 forums I get this message that says "Waiting for authentication" and to check my e-mail. I go to my e-mail and click on the link in the e-mail they send me and I get a "Failure" message. Is anyone else having this problem?

you on mobile?

driving?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by MMOExposed
    you on mobile?

driving?

Nope

So I'm the only person in the world with this problem ??

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Nope sorry.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• CharSolCharSol Member UncommonPosts: 47

I didn't have this exact issue but I had something similar where it would advise me to check my email to authenticate my IP but the emails never came through.  I waited for over a week before I eventually just turned authentication off using the FAQ.

To do that you'll be needing your account details, serial key and a character name.

Here is the link if you are interested

https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery

Also worth noting is that the links don't work on IE some of the time, if you have Chrome or Firefox try opening in those instead.  I had to download Chrome when the game first came out for this very reason.

Good luck!

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

So I'm the only person in the world with this problem ??

Apparently. Logged in right away while I was reading your post.

Originally posted by CharSol

To do that you'll be needing your account details, serial key and a character name.

Here is the link if you are interested

https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery

I might have to try this, thank you very much.

• loudermploudermp Member Posts: 20

After putting in my ID and Password I am told to check my email to authorize which I do but and it responds with success, when I go back to the page where I attempted to log in I see the response unknown authorization.

I accessed and tried the website link suggested but it failed also, the weird part is I can log into the game just fine, on the site it asked for the serial key I used my activation key is that what was needed.

Thanks

It must be true, I read it on the internet!
    PDL

• loudermploudermp Member Posts: 20
    GM changed the email option when and if it is corrected I will turn it back on, would still like to hear any suggested fixes.

It must be true, I read it on the internet!
    PDL