Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understand something This isnt made by the Real Ultima Inventor

Richard Garriot did not make this game and wont be up to the Real Ultima Series or Ultima Online standards he made back in 1997. Garriot no longer works for this company after the take over they did on him in Origin and his development team left the company back then with him. He is working on his own game and has been for a few years without interferrance like he had with Tabula Rasa, Garriot was ashamed of Rasa once the financial backers forced all those changes that caused everyone to back out of buying the game becuase they ruined it.

Garriot has already said his new game when it is released, although there is no ETA due to him refusing financial backing with it, will be back to his standards and not tainted by these idiots today who try to influence a game content and story instead of staying where they belong financing money! For some reason now days Financial backers think they know what people want, the same people that said "Ultima Online" would never make it back in 1996 becuase "no one will pay a subscription fee to play a game" back then and way ahead of its time and it was unheard, of yet Garriot took his company and did it anyhow, and made the biggest hit and First Graphical MMORPG in history.

They also would have been the first 3d MMORPG if Origin had not cancled the new Ultima Online 3d Garriot and his team had ready for beta testing in 2000, before the financial brainiacs at Origin decided to fire him and do a hostletake over of his company and release "Ultima Online Third Dawn expansion pack" instead.

They did this instead for "short term financial gains" and scrapped the almost completed Ultima Online 3d Garriot and his team had been working on for years and was close to release within 6 to 7 months, which was a huge disaster . If you are a hardcore Ultima player like I was and still am, then there is no way EA will do this game properly and is why they are using rip offs of the old orginal like Lady Britan ect. I was a beta test member on most of Ultima Series back when beta testing was "beta Testing" and not just a opt buy in to get inth e game early it was the real selection process of real beta testers. This was when Garriot ran the company for his orginal series all the way up to Ultima Acsension and Ultima Online Release in 1997. 

I Just hate to see the Richard Garriot bashing here by those who just dont know what they are talking about and blame company financial decisions, having nothing to do with Garriot on him, like those here who have no idea what really happened with Tabula Rasa and had nothing to do with Garriot other then the company couldnt uphold his dream for the game  and content and story he had written and changed it, becuase the finnacial backers though they knew better about game story, writing and design then the ledgend who had been fillfulling peoples gaming RPG fantasys for decades before most of them ever even had a job. I wouldnt stay and contunie to create a game with my name on it either if someone came in at the end and began changing everything becuase they are backing the game and think they know what the public wants, Tabula Rasa is a perfect example of why financial backers should stay where they belong and back financially and not try to write or change games content , story or path!

Dont Blame The Orginal Maker Richard Garriot for things they did, and dont expect this game to hit the level his Original and legendary games did becuase this game isnt made by the creator of Ultima series or Ultima Online this is a sad attempt to ride his name and legacy, they still try over 10 years after hes been gone from the company since 2000. The biggest mistake they ever made was having the board of directors vote him out to take over his company and fire him from the design of his own game and they know it.

Electronic Arts AKA Origin looking at it metaphoricly but accurately killed the inventor of something special and  thought they didnt need him to re-create it once he was gone. 

"The Object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his!"

Comments

• tmelton1776tmelton1776 Member Posts: 1
    When EA bought the rights it ceased to be RGs game.  EA can do as they wish with the brand...including running it into the ground. I certainly wish RG the best of luck with the new project, but without funding, I am not optimistic.  Hard to succeed in the current MMO landscape without funding.
  • stvnkrs10stvnkrs10 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Lord British's new game is called Shroud of the Avatar. You can google it pretty easily if interested.