Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just release it already!

2»

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by faxnadu
    Originally posted by Squeak69

to the op pardon my fench F%$#ING H$%# NO

sorry but im sick of players AND publishers pressureing the develment of games and forceing them to release before the devs are comfterble with it,

i say take as much time as you need to, to get the game at a point where you fill it is ready ignore the fans who say release now ignore the publishers who say we want out payday now, work on the game and make it as perfect as you think you can, even though it will still have laucnh issues, all MMOs do but at leat you can get rid of the ones that have no right existeing and you can get all the features worked out and working the way you want them to.

to many games fall under this issue of late and im sick of it. i want a game that is done not half done.

so please take your time and listen to your beta testers and dont do the open beta/ preview thing until your ready, i cna wait and anyone who wants the game to be good can wait as well.

this is becoming classic true believer reply on these threads. " yeaaa go on take your timeee i can wait forever you know aslong you dont release it too soon " marketing of games starts too early , companies market their becoming mmos years and years and when some people grow bored to wait cause of early marketing some people say yaaaaa take your tiiiiime. 

1. im not a fan boy if thats what your implying, cause i have a major hate for cryptic,

2. what exactly do you mean by true beleaver,

3. growing bored is what is wrong with new MMO gamers, you happily accept these game that are made in quick time play them for a month or so the complain and go to the next one.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Well seeing that its made by many of the old Blizzard team you can expect the game to be released when its released. If there is one thing Blizzard always done right until Activision got involved it was that their games where done when its done. They never sticked to release dates. They didn't release a game until they where happy with the end result. They canceled Starcraft Ghost when the game was done. They canceled it cause they didn't think it would be up their quality demand (funny enough Diablo 3 got released with all its problems, but then again that isn't the blizzard we once used to know and love).

Wildstar looks great and promising and knowing that some big shot ex Blizzard people are involved gives me great hopes for this game. It also makes me understand that this game won't be released till its done in their eyes. Even if its more polished then any other MMO atm it doesn't't mean its ready to be released. I'm sure we (those we are interested in WIldstar) want to play this game rather yesterday then tomorrow but be patient for a little longer. It will be for the best.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Ok, ok... but how about an "open" beta then? Only for people who preorder... but on the other hand that would be the same thing as releasing it :S

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

Originally posted by Caldicot
    Ok, ok... but how about an "open" beta then? Only for people who preorder... but on the other hand that would be the same thing as releasing it :S

i hae a personal distaste for buy in betas, i wan tthe beta testers to be in it for beta testing not someone who paid and dousnt know how to beta test, and thinks that they should be getting into a finished product them complaining all over the place that the game is trasshed when they find out the product isnt done .

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I hope Wildstar succeeds, i realy do !
    But lately mmo's launch with a big bang and lose 60% or more players 2 months in.
    Open Beta can take away many doubts people have when looking at a mmo that are interested in.
    OPen Beta might pull in more people and if the game is bad people say meh not good enough.

Thats what i like about the new FF XIV, they are confident their game will be a succes and they will have open beta to show for it.
    This can backfire....or be a marketing succes.

I learned my lessons the hard way and became a fanboy by just seeing a few fanmade vids and tought OMG OMG EPIC MMO, just to quit playing that mmo a few weeks later.

I have faith in Wildstar and FF XIV to become qaulity mmo's, but i dont buy sub based games before i tried it.

Originally posted by Mothanos

But lately mmo's launch with a big bang and lose 60% or more players 2 months in.
    Open Beta can take away many doubts people have when looking at a mmo that are interested in.
    OPen Beta might pull in more people and if the game is bad people say meh not good enough.

Thats what i like about the new FF XIV, they are confident their game will be a succes and they will have open beta to show for it.

I learned my lessons the hard way and became a fanboy by just seeing a few fanmade vids and tought OMG OMG EPIC MMO, just to quit playing that mmo a few weeks later.

I have faith in Wildstar and FF XIV to become qaulity mmo's, but i dont buy sub based games before i tried it.

i dont have a issue with open beta. what i have a issue with is

1. buy in betas (as stated beforre)

2. starting open beta before your game is at a state where the only thing left to do is start the stress test and what happens when tons of people go through a area, to test your belence.

3. letting people pressure you into releaseing a game when you yourself do not think it is ready.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Ye but iam sure good studio's do it a proper way.
    I have no intel on how WIldstar will do their open beta, but you are right.

this may sound wired but im not hopeing for something that revolitnizes the MMO worl im not looking to be WoWed into amazment im not looking for the next big super game, im looking for a MMO that i can enjoy and suits me thats it,

all i want is a game that give me a diverse field of things to do even at max level, the ability to actully go exploreing without being box cannoned along my missions, and at the same time have actual content and depth to the world.

ya i know im not asking for much am i  :p

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

sorry but im sick of players AND publishers pressureing the develment of games and forceing them to release before the devs are comfterble with it,

i say take as much time as you need to, to get the game at a point where you fill it is ready ignore the fans who say release now ignore the publishers who say we want out payday now, work on the game and make it as perfect as you think you can, even though it will still have laucnh issues, all MMOs do but at leat you can get rid of the ones that have no right existeing and you can get all the features worked out and working the way you want them to.

to many games fall under this issue of late and im sick of it. i want a game that is done not half done.

so please take your time and listen to your beta testers and dont do the open beta/ preview thing until your ready, i cna wait and anyone who wants the game to be good can wait as well.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! So many games take the approach of waiting too long to "make it perfect," and we are still left with junk when the dust settles. Soft release games get a lot of people playing them actually pay attention to what people are saying and fix those things. 

Put up a huge disclaimer that this is NOT RELEASE! The kids that complain about the game in its state can stay on forums where they belong while the fans keep testing and making a better game.

Time and time again its show that waiting to make things perfect has the same fail result as rushing it. But the difference is rushing it has way more input involved in fixing things.

And if your thing isnt "Half done" game then dont play it until the official release, no one is asking you too. Players who are waiting patiently can do such and those who wanna test and make it a good game while dealing with bugs can also do so.

One way results in Win/Win the other Lose/Win

Originally posted by pauly6478

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! So many games take the approach of waiting too long to "make it perfect," and we are still left with junk when the dust settles. Soft release games get a lot of people playing them actually pay attention to what people are saying and fix those things. 

Put up a huge disclaimer that this is NOT RELEASE! The kids that complain about the game in its state can stay on forums where they belong while the fans keep testing and making a better game.

Time and time again its show that waiting to make things perfect has the same fail result as rushing it. But the difference is rushing it has way more input involved in fixing things.

oh yes casue neverwinter is doing that so well, im glad you think im wrong but im afraid ill stay on the other end of the boat

Originally posted by pauly6478

oh yes casue neverwinter is doing that so well, im glad you think im wrong but im afraid ill stay on the other end of the boat

[mod edit] And it doesnt change the facts if you dont wanna an unfinished game NO ONE IS ASKING YOU TO PLAY IT!... Play around on your forums and wait for what suits you.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Caldicot
    We know you have a polished product here, probably way more polished than many recent MMO's, and we are running out of games here so... Yeah, just release the god damn game or I'll have to go outside and do real stuff in the real world.

You have to go out of mum's  basement at some point. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Haven't been really following upcoming MMORPGs. What makes Wildstar better than others, or unique in some way?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Originally posted by maji
    Haven't been really following upcoming MMORPGs. What makes Wildstar better than others, or unique in some way?

mmm to be honest other then the norm for lattest MMO grapics and such not a giant deal. we dont even havee a huge amount of gameplay videos to go off of yet only a handfew dev ones.

for the most part id say its a throw back to old style MMO fill with modern engine and combat style.

one of the more intresting things is you pick both a class and a profession which decide how you play explorer scinetist warrior and ummm err builder ( that name is wrong)

basicly each one has it own way of doing thing and because of this you can play in the way that intrest you.

i mainly hae a intrest cause a old style open world with a progreession all about exploration sounds good.

other then that it looks good seems to have alot of depth being put into it and a intresting backstory.

im not the best at explaning new games so looking into for yourself is really the best if you want info. here is a link to thier u tube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChg9HfiT-DbivZnnMtjPUGw

browse through the video and decide for yourself, letting other people hype affect ya is bad for your helath

Originally posted by maji

The real Gem of this game is the Dev's sense of humor. It will carry this game along way.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

The reason this happens is because people don't know what they're looking for in an MMO. They're just hopping from MMOs hoping one of it strikes every area out of the ballpark for their preferences. And I know personally, I'm waiting for ESO/Wildstar/EQN to try those 3 out, so I wouldnt really give current MMOs I give a little trial a fair shot, because i've already submitted to myself its just a stop-gap game.

Originally posted by hMJem

The reason this happens is because people don't know what they're looking for in an MMO. They're just hopping from MMOs hoping one of it strikes every area out of the ballpark for their preferences. And I know personally, I'm waiting for ESO/Wildstar/EQN to try those 3 out, so I wouldnt really give current MMOs I give a little trial a fair shot, because i've already submitted to myself its just a stop-gap game.

its cause a generation of kids who grew up on consoles cause thier parents woukndt let tem on the com are used to play and toss games, and when they come to MMOs its what they are used to. so now that a large portion of the younger crwod are used to this and companies are makeing money on it. by makeing play  and toss MMOs.

P.S. i agree im waiting on EQN WoD and wild star, dont got much faith in ESO though its showing all the same warning signs as other recent MMOs but hey i could be wrong, i can hope.

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    Here's the deal...lesser games have gotten me to a point where I'm not bothered or shocked by a few bugs in an initial release. I have the greatest respect for Carbine wanting to put out a polished game and hope they do put out a quality product...that said....I WANNA PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

There is not any examples of taking more time = better product.
    If anything its counter productive because it inflates hype to unrealistic expectations.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Chill homie, no need to rush anything. 
    Originally posted by Nitth

There is not any examples of taking more time = better product.
    If anything its counter productive because it inflates hype to unrealistic expectations.

there is no proof that takeing more time makes a better game but there is proof that rushing games along because your being pressured to cause more issues.