Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Help Find a Cure

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Defiance players have a new in-game task to complete with the arrival of a deadly new virus. Players are tasked with one new pursuit and three data recorders to boost their EGO ratings.

A mystery sickness is spreading across the Bay area! In an effort to find out what is happening, triage centers have been established at both Top Notch and Shandu’s Consulate. No one knows what this sickness is just yet, but possibly you can help Eren find a cure.

Read more on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

finally with firefall deploying 'Ares' missions this game is looking less impressive. been spending sometime (2 days so far-lol)  in Firefall after abt a 7 month absence the game is coming out pretty sweet!!!!

but theres room for both.

oh yes back to this article....

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by orbitxo

finally with firefall deploying 'Ares' missions this game is looking less impressive. been spending sometime (2 days so far-lol)  in Firefall after abt a 7 month absence the game is coming out pretty sweet!!!!

Gotta admit, after having finally played Defiance during the Steam free weekend....yeah, was a let down. Firefall has way tighter mechanics and a far more interesting world.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Gotta admit, after having finally played Defiance during the Steam free weekend....yeah, was a let down. Firefall has way tighter mechanics and a far more interesting world.

firefall def have their weapons pretty tight like borderlands2- so red5 can take all their time they need we dont  need a rushed project.

people are concerend with FF servers blowing up this summer when they go public-lol i must agree.
  • DracogeekDracogeek Member UncommonPosts: 31
    One thing that Firefall has over this game is that Red 5 surveys and listens to their players. I have seen Red 5 employees actually log into the game and chat with the players a number of times. I don't see Trion do that.
  • codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Firefall has been in the beta for a very looooong time. Defiance was a bit rushed into launch.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

but theres room for both.

i love both Defiance and Firefall. Also they are the only ones in that specific genre (third person shooter mmo) so i hope they both push hard on each other so we have two great games. I took a break from Firefall because of the lack of content (still in beta though), but right now i have more fun running around in Defiance than grinding thumpers and chasing baddies in Firefall because they dont give me cool loot, all i get is crafting resources that i dont use at all. I tried the Ares missions and they idea of it is pretty cool but right now they feel just like fillers. I hope they add more content because i want to go back to FF but not unltil they offer more things to do than Defiance. Also, like someone else said, i do not want a rushed product so i hope Red 5 takes all the time they need to give us a finished product full of cool content. Meanwhile, ill be in Defiance waiting for my DLCs to arrive.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    After playing Borderlands 2 for a bit now, I was kind of shocked at just how much Defiance copied from it from the jumping skittlerlings, flying hellbugs that spit at you to the way the large hellbugs attack. The more I play Borderlands 2 the more I find that is in Defiance.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Man tell me about it!

I've been SO surprised this game has been getting good word of mouth, seriously I don't get it. The mission structure and progression is so bland, generic and boooooooring, and the mechanics and player interactions feel so "cheap". I mean eveen when you try to run over enemies or players with your car you go "through them", I mean seriously....come on.

Borderlands is a WAY better game and I don't see where they get that Borderfans like this, seems like a bunch of false hype, cause I love Borderlands, but not this game. :/

Also, Firefall is a solid game.

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    As always extra content is a plus but I find myself playing much less Defiance as of late. It's that kind of a title anyway where we jump in do some quests or chase some arkfalls for a shot at some cool new weapons. This weekend I'm going to loan my PS3 game to a friend so he can get a feel for it. He loved Borderlands so I'm sure he'll like the gunplay. As for me I'm probably still going to purchase the DLC to keep the adventure going but right now I won't rush to pick it up.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I'm still having a blast. I have to say though I wasn't looking for anything special when I bought defiance. He'll I wouldn't have guessed I'd still be playing after 5 weeks.
    In my opinion though two words make me like defiance over fire fall or even BL2 for that matter: Dodge Challenger . If they ever introduce the '70 Hemi.  I don't think ill ever need a new game. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Giant Space Herpes!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.