Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Video - items, crafting, fishing etc.

124»

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'm ready to grab a fishing pole and catch a mess of Slaughter Fish! 

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

I have 0 hopes for ESO but I will say that video reminded me of skyrim.  Models and textures were good but like some said the animations could use some work.

About all the praise about fishing alot of games now have fishing, If players could sit in chairs that would be something. But fishing is pretty standard.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

I have 0 hopes for ESO but I will say that video reminded me of skyrim.  Models and textures were good but like some said the animations could use some work.

About all the praise about fishing alot of games now have fishing, If players could sit in chairs that would be something. But fishing is pretty standard.

TOR didn't have fishing :-) lol. Also, having a feature and the way its implemented are two different things and not universal across all games that have it.

There Is Always Hope!

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM !

I just took that lettuce sir !

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I would've preferred a more detailed video on crafting and fishing.  All we see is scripted models doing things.  I want to see the actual interface and process.  The only thing that showed the process was lockpicking, since that's how it is in the singleplayer games.  Other than that, this was just a promo video with little substance.
    Originally posted by observer
    I would've preferred a more detailed video on crafting and fishing.  All we see is scripted models doing things.  I want to see the actual interface and process.  The only thing that showed the process was lockpicking, since that's how it is in the singleplayer games.  Other than that, this was just a promo video with little substance.

I think all of us want to see more substance and gameplay videos (haters and fans), so we just have to be patient. I think we will see a lot over the summer so we are getting closer.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian

I think all of us want to see more substance and gameplay videos (haters and fans), so we just have to be patient. I think we will see a lot over the summer so we are getting closer.

Of course, but i'm just confused as to why some people are praising this short video and saying it's restored their hope.  It just didn't show enough in-depth features to warrant the praise.

Originally posted by EvolvedMonky

TOR didn't have fishing :-) lol. Also, having a feature and the way its implemented are two different things and not universal across all games that have it.

Swtor still doesn't have fishing, swimming, or sitting in chairs.   It just says a lot about the state of RPG in MMORPG.  These are more action-MMOs than anything.  If ESO stays true to the singleplayer games, then it might bring back the RPG.

Of course, but i'm just confused as to why some people are praising this short video and saying it's restored their hope.  It just didn't show enough in-depth features to warrant the praise.

I can't speak for everyone like others do here, only myself. For me, it was that it looked a lot nicer graphically than that horrible leaked video and the fact that they are trying to add immersion with things like fishing are a plus. You and I both agree that the RPG part is often ignored, so it was just a hint that maybe the RPG will be present in this game. Of course, we don't really know until we get more info which is why I continue to be Cautiously optimistic. I guess after getting so little info, some of us will take anything lol. Hoping for a lot more in June which I think we will see.

There Is Always Hope!

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Well it's similar to the vid the other day, they show FPV and the rest of the vid is pretty dull mostly rehash material we have seen already.

The reaction was the same "this has restored my faith" lol. And they wonder why devs don't worry about churning out the same old crap year after year.

The animations were as bad as they were a year ago, no matter what the graphics are like if the animation are crap then graphics mean nothing.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531
    =/ So you can steal from merchants right in front of them and nothing happens. Awesome.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel