Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it P2W?

Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
Im just curious I remember you can do almost anything with station cash if that true then it really a P2W game?

Comments

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    There is in-game currency that allows you to do the same things that you can do with SC. Most items can be bought out of the cash shop with in-game currency as well. Things like bank/inventory/dragon slots are SC only as well as fashion items. Other than that you can spend money to speed things up or invest time for the same thing.
  • RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Everything is P2W, stop playing games.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Additional storage and other extras can be bought with SC, but things like weapons, dragons and such are obtained in game. On the forums, the players have been very vocal about not letting it become pay to win, which led to an interesting thread about subscriptions. DP won't be on the All Access Pass, which is something the player community seems to like, as they feel that giving extras to people paying a monthly fee would create a pay to win situation.

One of the areas of concern for some MMO gamers is weapon/item augmentation, as that is often relegated to a cash shop item (bonus/success  gems), however in DP you can use gold, currency from doing the dungeon quests or SC as three different ways to pay for augmentation. The dungeon quest currency offers the same success rate as SC, which was cool to see.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by Rzep
    Everything is P2W, stop playing games.

Life is P2W.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

actually the dealbreaker for me and this game was that it apparently has a rather well done housing system ... that is set right in the only FFA PvP zones in the game.

why do i want that? i don't. so i may romp around low levels for a while just to experience some of the game mechanics and world, but there's no way i could have any longevity in this game.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

From the developer of Runes of Magic with items called "home sweet home rune", "talent reset item", "transportation rune", "repair/advanced hammer", "transportation portal rune" etc...

If you ever played Runes of Magic those items I just listed that are in this game should set off a ton of alarms that point to "extreme p2w game". The fact that they didn't even change the item names is pathetic, expect to shell out some serious dough to play this game to its fullness.

• Ein1Ein1 Member Posts: 1

Sadly it is,

you got the option to catch dragons with F1 key default ingame, in that regard it refills your "stamina" dragon soul points while catching a dragon for cash, so you pretty much don't have to do crap, just refill that bar from time to time and you can even catch boss dragons without problems.

Dragons are a hard impact on gameplay, some can heal you others have some very strong offensive skills, get 6 dragons to learn these skills off of each other after buying 4 extra slots for cash and you got yourself 6 OP pets.

Why op ? In the fight, get out first dragon, it heals you, you use a skill on enemy, while animation of that skill lasts, summon next dragon, next dragon heals you, use another skill, summon next dragon and so on, with 6 of those, well, i guess you get my point.

Weapons and armor has a slot to embed with dragon shard crystals, you can buy extra slot for cash.

• XandramasXandramas Member Posts: 73
    Everybody should just stop supporting this stupid payment style. F2P / P2W its nothing but a cash drain designed to suck hundreds of dollars out of people. 15 a month is fine. 60 a month is not fine.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Sadly the argument is "It's their money"

It's a good one, but not one I agree with. They're exploiting peoples gamer nature.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained