Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

66% of players support a wipe after week survey poll.

2»

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Remains

This again... its veeeery unlikely that they will wipe, ever, and thats it.

Why on earth would they? They would have to reimburse every penny everyone spent on the game, which would make people hesitant to spend it again. Even worse when its practically gambling involved: got a jackpot? Too bad for you dude!

They would lose loads of people who couldnt be bothered leveling up again. Lets be honest here: what amazing content is there to get people grinding to endgame again? For some (many?) people its a "play-and-throw-away" game for short-term fun.

The game will likely stutter along with an average amount of bugs and exploits until PWE are in the black thanks to the whales, and soon they will release another game of similar quality. Because, herpderp, thats pretty much what they do..?

Yup, the focus of PWE is not to produce a high-quality MMORPG with depth and longevity. They're more interested in how early they can open the Cash Shop (hence the "open beta" status of the game) and bank the money for all those Founders Packs.

They know they have to hit the player hard and fast for as much cash as possible, because that player is not going to be around for long.

PWE is the "McDonalds" of MMO's in a way, except that McD's food is high-quality compared to PWE's MMO's image

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Remains

This again... its veeeery unlikely that they will wipe, ever, and thats it.

Why on earth would they? They would have to reimburse every penny everyone spent on the game, which would make people hesitant to spend it again. Even worse when its practically gambling involved: got a jackpot? Too bad for you dude!

They would lose loads of people who couldnt be bothered leveling up again. Lets be honest here: what amazing content is there to get people grinding to endgame again? For some (many?) people its a "play-and-throw-away" game for short-term fun.

The game will likely stutter along with an average amount of bugs and exploits until PWE are in the black thanks to the whales, and soon they will release another game of similar quality. Because, herpderp, thats pretty much what they do..?

Yup, the focus of PWE is not to produce a high-quality MMORPG with depth and longevity. They're more interested in how early they can open the Cash Shop (hence the "open beta" status of the game) and bank the money for all those Founders Packs.

They know they have to hit the player hard and fast for as much cash as possible, because that player is not going to be around for long.

PWE is the "McDonalds" of MMO's in a way, except that McD's food is high-quality compared to PWE's MMO's image

Given the abysmal quality of the food in a Macky D's thats a pretty dire indictment, not that im disagreeing though image

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

In response to a wipe query by omgitzslashgame...

Neverwintergame@NeverwinterGame

@omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336253117937090560

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Xirik

A poll that is barely holding 50%  and is less then 0.1% of the user base.

1500 people saying they want a wipe doesn't mean the hundred thousand people playing do as well.

you can't interpret what the non-voters want based on the fact that they didn't vote.

there's nothing scientifical or mathmatically sane about such a claim.

You have like 1500 angry players voting they want a whipe. God knows how many are happy in the game and don't want a whipe.

Noone but the producers know how many are active in the game so throwing around percentages like the OP does is just plain inaccurate and can not be trusted one bit, those stats are worth nothing unless you have the exact number of the total amount of players in that game.

So to the OP, 1500/**** players? Please fill it in.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

1) Small poll mostly participated by people not actually playing the game instead. Therefore statistically invalid. Most people would probably quit if 3-4 weeks of play time got wiped when told otherwise.

2) All this exploit 'winning' will be completely redundant once Tier 3 gets released, assuming they make sure that content isn't exploitable.

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Some people are becoming boring and rather obsessed with this wiping issue, especially since they made it clear that they have no intention of doing a full wipe, one would think that particular statement would be enough for these kind of threads to stop popping up.

Besides, those 66% of yours are a vast minority of the entire player base, the majority just plays the game, they don't bother with the forum.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Vlacke

Some people are becoming boring and rather obsessed with this wiping issue, especially since they made it clear that they have no intention of doing a full wipe, one would think that particular statement would be enough for these kind of threads to stop popping up.

These people just have to throw a tantrum and stamp their little foot screaming "but I WANT it to happen" long after a mature, rational adult would have sucked it up, shrugged their shoulders and moved on.  It's in their nature.  :D

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by JR4D
    Originally posted by bezado PW is a shit company that is greedy and taking advantage of players by means of addiction.
    But isn't that all the mmo companies main agenda in the 1st place?

I haven't had many problems personally through PW games, however I know many friends that are having problems with their customer service and in game dilemma's (STO, NWO and CO). I personally haven't been affected yet, but I am treading lightly with this company when it comes to dumping money into their games.

No, subscription based companies do not take advantage of the players based on a addictive need. The way they market and do the in game marketplace makes players think they need those things and ultimately they end up buying more than a subscription would of just cost them if it was sub based. I am still not sure how this never got a class action lawsuit yet because it is predatory the way they operate.

They have over inflated prices on everything and there is no reason for it.

• bltmebltme Member Posts: 26

once never winter gets rid of their family then the won't have to worry about neverwinter's failures.

"Before you walk one must stand. Before you live one must kill. Before you have fun you must procrerate or do it anally. Whatever path you choose make sure you have a unique ip."

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Just because the majority of people who bothered to vote want something doesn't make it the best choice.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch" -Benjamin Franklin

All die, so die well.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Braindome

New exploits have surfaced since Caturday. 5 to be exact, it is continuing to be an utter disaster and after having a poll on the forums for over a week 66% support a full wipe.

The importance isn't if they wipe or not, the importance is the amount of legit players they have already lost, but then again who cares about being legit these days right?

66%:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks

Yes 1,660     64.74%

No      904      35.26%

=  2564 people voted, unless that's the total of ingame players, I believe it's just a tiny percentage of actual players.

Hopefully those exploits where reported and are being worked on, cause that's the thing what can happen when a game is officially in beta, regardless if I personally  don't consider the game still beta.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    It doesn't matter to me, I'm gonna hit 60 soon, then put it down and wait for a ton new content before coming back. Loot is a bore in this game.
  • LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86

Rumor has it that there were at least 20,000 HoTN Founder packs sold, so until this wipe "poll" numbers in the tens of thousands of votes, it's nothing to get excited about.

Even if there were tens of thousands of votes, such a poll counts for nothing as long as it wasn't administered and administrated by Cryptic through their game-launcher and every player had to vote to log-in and the results were public-knowledge and displayed on the Launcher itself!

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I still don't want a server wipe. I realize a lot of people who use the auction house feel screwed but I haven't seen many value priced items with a buyout since I started. So I vendor trash what my characters can't use. There's never a shortage of chat spam though and someone is always looking for keys or lockboxes so gold has some value at least. Anyway what can you do I have both founders & a starter pack invested in Neverwinter that I'm still glad I purchased. Even on days I can't play I log on to cycle my guys to earn the blessings and coins which come in handy. As long as you have fun its time well spent but if you're not there's plenty of titles to jump on instead of waiting for a wipe that at this point isn't going to happen no matter what percentage of the poll is announced.
  • hatboxhatbox Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    Originally posted by Braindome

New exploits have surfaced since Caturday. 5 to be exact, it is continuing to be an utter disaster and after having a poll on the forums for over a week 66% support a full wipe.

The importance isn't if they wipe or not, the importance is the amount of legit players they have already lost, but then again who cares about being legit these days right?

66%:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?264451-Full-wipe-remarks

they wont do it, those with all the extra AD and Zen would quit which is anywhere from 10-20% of all players. They will lose players like me asap as wildstar comes out or i get into beta because I was a victim of their bad programming and lost $70.00 worth of stuff with them clearly having zero intent of refunding me or accommodating me because it was their product that malfunction but I lost out on it. The game is going to die really fast because of all the major duping and bugs they have had, but they dont care because they already got your money. Its really sad, I wanted this game to do well I bought both hero and guardian packs o well lesson learned.

There is something you can do, what many of us did. Do a chargeback on your credit card or PayPal. They will ban you from their f2p game. Then spam you with emails telling you so. Last count between my room mate and myself I think we had right at 100 emails. All the same. Funny how you could get nothing from them as far as customer service goes but canned responses. But reverse your charges and you get spam, and lots of it. It wasn't just a one off either. I checked their forums and saw a few people that reversed charges and they were complaining about the spam from them as well.  As a company their behaviors are odd, to say the least. They banned people for turning in too many customer service tickets (because they were not answering any of them)  So you CAN do something, you'll simply be banned from this f2p game for not giving them money. But given the state of it, do you really care? I know we didn't. 

• hatboxhatbox Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by LordOfPit

Rumor has it that there were at least 20,000 HoTN Founder packs sold, so until this wipe "poll" numbers in the tens of thousands of votes, it's nothing to get excited about.

Even if there were tens of thousands of votes, such a poll counts for nothing as long as it wasn't administered and administrated by Cryptic through their game-launcher and every player had to vote to log-in and the results were public-knowledge and displayed on the Launcher itself!

I wonder how many of those 20k did charge backs on their credit cards ?  After all the bugs, in game economy in the toilet,  So they may have been sold, but that's not a true reflection of how many are active.