Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if anything is to be said about dp

bltmebltme Member Posts: 26
it's not that this isn't as polished or any better then any current mmo's but that generally runewalker releases games that are practically outdated upon release. If this had been released when runes of magic was or should I say around the time of terra it would have been a completely different story.  Of course other games like this will come after dragon's prophet but I generally judge lifespan with games of similar interest. This still has playability but I'm sure we will start seeing something new very very soon making way for the next generation of mmo worth talking about.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I believe they only have one other game...

• bltmebltme Member Posts: 26
    whether they made and published both terra and dragon's prophet is irrelevant.  If we are talking about one of the best f2p publishers based on the information that's readily available I believe it can do more faster - and it should. And on that note I could bring up cash shops and the importance it has in the mmo market. Why bother to have a subscription at all, let alone charge for any game when a cash shop could generate it all faster and more efficiently. What do you have left? spending your money on a game that was released it 1960 or a game that just released. It is important to have a foothold before kicking in the door.
  • GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68
    I really like the game. Interesting, unique.  Don't like the weird walk/play/fight commands.  Otherwise, it is great.
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149

Doesn't really feel unique, they tried to copy some features of other MMOs but sadly the implementation lacks and is worse than already seen (the action combat is and looks really weird, dynamic events which are far from being polished, politics system and pvp features are not finished yet and will be released later, dungeons look and are boring so far, housing needs lots of polish as well...). It seems to me they only wanted to have more features on the list. Dragons are animated fine though.

The good thing I see that they can start making a game based on these things now. The features currently have no depth but it maychange from update to update.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

This game and Wizardry online both felt rushed out the door.It seems anything new that SOE is involved with feel's rushed this year.I think both games needed 3-4 month's more polish,minimum.

Maybe they're doing it so they put full attention on EQ Next,who knows?

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• Originally posted by Slappy1

This game and Wizardry online both felt rushed out the door.It seems anything new that SOE is involved with feel's rushed this year.I think both games needed 3-4 month's more polish,minimum.

DP is developed by Runewaker and just published by SOE. I don't believe that any of SOE's development team would be involved in the publishing of DP. Therefore DP doesn't take away resources from EQ Next development. Nor does SOE publishing a project developed by a completely seperate company have any effect on the development of their in-house development projects.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    umm...it's spelled Tera, and neither SoE or Runewaker had anything to do with it anywhere. Runewaker literally has one game called Runes of Magic.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by Deznts
    Originally posted by Slappy1

DP is developed by Runewaker and just published by SOE. I don't believe that any of SOE's development team would be involved in the publishing of DP. Therefore DP doesn't take away resources from EQ Next development. Nor does SOE publishing a project developed by a completely seperate company have any effect on the development of their in-house development projects.

Doesn't change the fact both feel/felt rushed and both had Soe tied to them.The extent really doesn't interest me,the result's do.It's no different than people associate EA with a game or that Trion is publishing AA.I don't think it's so cut and dry as,they're only the publisher.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark