Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite overall race and class from any game?

DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I think to often we focus on negative things about MMO's here. So here is a simple question (well two really).

What is your favorite class and race out of all of the MMO's you have played?

My favorite class is easily the EQ enchanter, I just love the ability to enchant humanoids and make them my companions and

the ability to disguise myself as other races was tons of fun. I would love to see a class like this in newer MMOs.

My favorite race is  from Allods, though I don't particularly care for the game I think the Gibberlings are a genius design. I have not seen as unique or creative of a race in any other MMOs.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Comments

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Favorite Races:  EQ1 Iksar, EQ2 Trolls, WoW Trolls (both so completely different), Dwarves in just about any game (as long as they have huge beards and love to drink)

Favorite classes EQ1 Ranger, Vanguard Disciple, WoW Demonology Warlock (current), WoW Feral Druid (old)

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I have to agree with you on Iksar they were very cool.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Favorite class of all time is the EQ magician. best pet class ever made.

Favorite race would probably be the fae from EQ2. The racial ability of (basically feather fall) was soooo worth every second of stairing at those wings lol.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Castanic lancer in tera.

Bikini armor and action combat/tank mechanics that made playing the character very fun.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by Dauntis

I think to often we focus on negative things about MMO's here. So here is a simple question (well two really).

Class ---SWTOR-- Sith Sorcerer, I love the lightning effects.

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

I don't care much for race, I prefer female anything with the exclusion of dwarf. 

Fav class must be Vanguard : Bloodmage/Druid :) best healer class ever and best druid ever :)

Calamity baby :D !!!

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

Asura, I love me some Magitech.

I'm also partial to any sort of Rogue archetype that can tank.

Sadly these two things will never truly meet.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Viera are cute but a Castanic is alright too. Might as well just go with human who are usually average at everything but fast learners. Not good min / maxers but hey easiest to play.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• rottNrottN Member Posts: 161
    I`ll have to go with troll berserker from DaoC
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Healers. Definitely my favorite role overall is the one where I get to play a support.

As far as race goes, I generally prefer tiny ones. If they have a tail I find it very adorable.

Otherwise it falls to whatever race has the more novel designs.

That all being said, I love the Miraluka from the Old Republic Star Wars stuff. The idea of seeing the world they way would is something I find very cool.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77

Favorite Race is Dwarf

but

Favorite Class is Bear Shaman from (AOC)

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Bard from Vanguard.

with the ability to create your own unique songs from elements learned combined with dual wield madness its a great class to play.

as for race that varies, but often halfling.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• yammy_thoyammy_tho Member UncommonPosts: 14

Races:

Kelari - Rift

Sylvari - GW2

Castanic - TERA

Arisen - Allods

Classes: 

Ritualist - GW1

Mesmer - GW1 (and 2)

"Bard" calling - Rift (Cadence is so satisfying for some reason)

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882

I know they got a lot of flack but I really enjoyed my Erudite from EQ1.  They had big ole heads but their fashion sense was impeccable haha!  Even in the 2nd version of the game, when put beside their alien counterparts, they put them to shame in how cool they looked in their gear.  LIke some badass Benedictine monk from Africa or something.

Class would have to agree with the OP, the EQ enchanter, be it from 1 or 2 was by far the most magical and versatile class I ever played.  Made me feel like more of a traditional wizard than the actual wizard class did.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    EQ Necro was the best class ever for me.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Hmm, all time favorite;  (Race is the Class)

Dragon Adventurer from Horizons (Empires/Heroes of Istaria) - nothing better than self flight, accruing a Hoard to make yourself more powerful,  underground lairs as housing, ahh those were the days... 

Otherwise;

Next favorite Class - EQ1 Beastlord (half Shaman, half Monk, half Pet Mage - all rockin!)

Next favorite Race - EQ1 Iksar  or Vanguards Kurashasa (large Felinoid)

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Asheron's call 2: Tumerok - Class Claw Bearer.

Second best Darkfall 1:Mahirim wolf race-  no class just skills.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

city of heros

dominator /electric x3

were rat cyborg (dont ask)

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    for me, all time favourite would have to be from SWG,  Human Master Ranger/Pistoleer..  image
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

There's always a soft spot in my heart for my gnome shadowknight in EQ1 - Playing that class just felt right - it matched what I wanted to do in the game world nearly perfectly. Although my dark elf enchanter was a close 2nd - enchies were very fun when they could break into some very niche situations. These two characters I played for several years off and on, and there's always a strong temptation to go back and re-log on and see them, but I know a lot of that nostalgia are just rose tinted memories, and EQ isn't quite the same as I remember playing for all that time.

I haven't really grown an attachment to much of anything else. I also liked my gnome warrior in WoW - it was fun for a while, and the closest I found to my SK, more fun than the druid I played for a couple of years, I have to admit. But no where near what my EQ characters meant to me.

Oh - and I can't let this thread go without a shout out to the original EQ Ogres and Trolls - nothing better than butt scratchin' and nose pickin'.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Dauntis

My favorite class is easily the EQ enchanter, I just love the ability to enchant humanoids and make them my companions and

the ability to disguise myself as other races was tons of fun. I would love to see a class like this in newer MMOs.

My favorite race is  from Allods, though I don't particularly care for the game I think the Gibberlings are a genius design. I have not seen as unique or creative of a race in any other MMOs.

Every cloaky character/class/ship (EVE) which gives me a edge in attacking opponents (pvp) and they know I am there but can't do anything about it. I chose the time and sort of attack and keep targets from carebearing unless they want to take the risk in losing it all.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    I really miss my Smuggler/Commando from SWG (pre NGE). In PvP, my area root caused many a Rebel to curse me and gave me a constant source of amusement. The slicing of weapons was also a really good earner too and always had a good client base.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

My main is always Human oriented race of the Paladin oriented class.

WoW: Human Paladin

Rift: Bahmi Cleric- Justicar/Druid

GW2: Human Guardian

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Jedi from SWG pre cu era.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Nothing beats the Fixer and Crat from Anarchy Online.

No other game can let you charm huge monsters to fight besides you the way AO did. 

And da Fixer o my wasn't one fixer on the server that could ever beat me in a duel so ofc thats my favorite.

Sadly no game will ever be as good to me as Anarchy Online.