Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TSW servers?

surfer88surfer88 Member Posts: 33
started up my TSW account again and i've been playing on Daemon? (spelling) but i was wondering what server had the best population to find a cabal. thanks for replies in advance :)

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

You can group and join cabals across any server ("dimension" in TSW) so it's not so important you be on a particular server.  Here's an article on how the server technology works:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/07/19/chaos-theory-the-secret-worlds-single-server-tech/

• ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    I love Arcadia. Very populated.
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Sorry to sort of hijack this thread but it saves me making a similar server related topic. Got a trial key for the game and going to register it later and give it a try once I've finished my work however I was wondering if there are pvp servers on this game and if there are any actual benefits in joining them such as world pvp? Also I'm from Europe, should that effect my server choice at all? I believe there isn't any official EU servers if memory serves correctly however not 100% sure. 
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Senden
    Sorry to sort of hijack this thread but it saves me making a similar server related topic. Got a trial key for the game and going to register it later and give it a try once I've finished my work however I was wondering if there are pvp servers on this game and if there are any actual benefits in joining them such as world pvp? Also I'm from Europe, should that effect my server choice at all? I believe there isn't any official EU servers if memory serves correctly however not 100% sure. 

All dimensions ("servers") have the same ruleset and same physical location (somewhere in Massachusetts iirc). Arcadia and Leviathan are labelled as roleplay dimensions but there is no actual official RP ruleset (naming conventions, chat rules &c.).

There is currently no PvP in adventure zones; PvP is confined to minigames (instanced battlegrounds, 2 at present), Fusang (a persistent warzone) and the Fight Clubs (FFA PvP arenas, one in each hub city). Your choice of dimensions determines which copy of the warzone you fight in (there was originally one instance per dimension, but they were merged together into "battlegroups" owing to low population). Update 1.7 (an early version of which is currently on the test server) is planned to introduce limited open-world PvP events; full details of how this will work has not yet been announced.