Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMoradio

Anyone that doesnt know www.MMORADIO.com good place ta listen to good stations i think mmorpg.com should link up with them increase the usage i say lol.

Comments

• MUHzzxK0MUHzzxK0 Member Posts: 389

They did have an ad at the front page on mmorpg.com, a while ago...

But yeah they should get the ad back :)

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    From memory MMORadio closed down a while back and the ad was removed. Obviously it's up and running again but I don't know anything about the ad situation.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• AshkentAshkent Member Posts: 772
    i've seen ads for mmoradio somwhere recently. what exactly is it? do they talk about mmo's? play music from mmo's? or just play music and say they are for mmo players?
  • LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

Originally posted by ParaTrooper
    From memory MMORadio closed down a while back and the ad was removed. Obviously it's up and running again but I don't know anything about the ad situation.

Umm, is it me or were those ads up just around a month ago? I remember seeing them there not too long ago but I might be mistaken.

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by Ashkent
    i've seen ads for mmoradio somwhere recently. what exactly is it? do they talk about mmo's? play music from mmo's? or just play music and say they are for mmo players?

Back in the day (when their radio was advertised on mmorpg.com), they would play whatever music they felt like playing, but all of them were MMORPG players, so they would talk about MMORPGs at times, talk with the community, do little community like segments (one DJ did a "what would you do if you were inside the world of your favorite MMORPG?" segment), and do contests and parties (most of the time either on CoH or WoW), now I'm not really sure what they do, I haven't listened to it in awhile, I think their direction changed, because I don't see any of the DJs there that I remember.

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Just wanted to let everyone know that MMORPG.com is releasing our own MMORPG podcast. It's called Game/On and will be premiering on the site on Wednesday!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/510/loadthread/58224/setstart/1/loadclass/35

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

• HibameHibame Member Posts: 76

From what I understand is that the owner of mmoradio could not pay the server costs. Now a new company 'bought' it and runs it now. I asked to run the servers for them becouse at the time I was an avid listener. But after that I have no idea what happened and if they have the same DJ's best of luck to them.

WARNING: My spelling is atrocious

• LordMagnusLordMagnus Member CommonPosts: 1,322

[quote]Originally posted by Stradden
    [b]Just wanted to let everyone know that MMORPG.com is releasing our own MMORPG podcast. It's called Game/On and will be premiering on the site on Wednesday!
    [url=http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/510/loadthread/58224/setstart/1/loadclass/35]
    [/b][/quote]

What exactly is a podcast anyways? Is it just like a radio station that runs on itunes?

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Originally posted by LordMagnus
    What exactly is a podcast anyways? Is it just like a radio station that runs on itunes?

It is a single "radio show", rather than a "radio station". You can subscribe through iTunes and other means, or just download the mp3 like you would any other sound file.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by Hibame

From what I understand is that the owner of mmoradio could not pay the server coats. Now a new company 'bought' it and runs it now. I asked to run the servers for them becouse at the time I was an avid listener. But after that I have no idea what happened and if they have the same DJ's best of luck to them.

FYI we do still have a home page ad for MMO radio...although rumor has it they stopped mentioning MMORPG.com in their show so it will likely be removed (that was the initial arrangement). 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.