Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sold out of pc gaming thank you f2p and crappy games

2»

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by maji

I never had a console. I never felt the need to get one. Why should I? There are so many awesome pc games out there, I see no single reason why I should get a console. Some games are good, some games are bad. It's like that, everywhere, on each and every system. 

I just see it as a better value. I would love for pc devs to step up and produce some quality games at a fair cost, but as it stands the value lies with the consoles. For what a pc gamer pays for a new set of armor or the option to repsec or whatever it might be, I can buy an entire game with an epic story for my ps3. Gaming habits have evolved and f2p and lackluster mmorpg titles have created that shift.

I had steam and origin and ..... that also means I had lots of headaches.

• moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47

im the  same  way  only playing  dust 514 now

some games i played and  are just  too boring or  too much  grind

guild wars - to  much grind

TSW-i got  this game for the pvp but thats notghing more then zerk pvp

SWTOR -to  repeptives , to theme park  for me

planet side  .. too much game with out  meaning

the list  goes  on but  i cant  bring my self to  play any computer  games  even tho i keep them on my computer

i have  high hopes for  camelot unchanined and  WOD but  with  no  ETA on  them .. theres  really nothing to play in the  computer   gaming  right now 

oh well  back to  dust  514

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    @ OP I told people that 3 years ago. But devs, publishers, industry are not one to blame. "Players" wanted those games, and they got it. Me and you and few more are just minority, no one cares about.  But I must admit, F2P and every other similar shit are future of gaming. Just like Justin Bieber music and similar shit dominate music industry. More fun for dumb and ignorant people... Ready your wallet, set and go...
  • WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

OP, your problem is only playing MMOs, which have been stinking since 2004-2005 timeframe.  Leave the genre, keep tabs on it if you must.  And play other genres on the platform.  RPGs, sims, sports, strategy, action, FPS, whatever.  They're out there.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Good luck playing games without dlc and microtransactions on consoles in the future.

75% of the pc market may be crap, but then again 95% of the console market is just as dumbed downed and casualized - and since the suits who run the game business are aiming at the casuals, prepare to be assaulted by cheap, streamlined bs if you plan on going full console.

The pc will always be more versatile and offer much more options. Just take the modding - atm I have 30+ mods installed for Skyrim, which completely transforms the game makes it far superiour to the ps3 version.

Or take the indie scene, where countless interesting titles appear all the time. Sure, some of them may eventually reach the consoles but the majority (and the best imo, like Amnesia) are pc exclusive. The same goes for deep and complex MMOs like EVE, The Repopulation and Age of Wushu.

The pc is just the best platform for gaming and there's no need to dismiss it just because the mainstream market is dominated by shallow crap. I get the feeling the op is just overly bitter and feels the need to make some kind of pompous symbolic statement.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    OP is going to buy a new console.....umm, ok.  have fun ?   why is this such a big deal, is he someone famous or something ?