Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, I did it. I've beaten Neverwinter! (On my Guardian Fighter)

12346»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by evilastro

To all the people saying this is the sign of a bad game, outside of tiered raiding there hasn't been a single MMO release since Vanguard and Everquest that I haven't seen all the content in the game within the first month.

Once you've seen everything the game is about the grind to get the best gear. Getting T2s is easy (although Castle Never drops better gear, tier 2.5 if you will, so depends on what the OP is referring to).  The main grind is getting your runes up to max level, which he has already stated that he hasn't.

Anyway, if that doesn't suit you, move on to the next MMO that you will 'beat' in 2 weeks.

I'm playing Lord of the Rings Online and Eve Online right now.

We all know you can't beat Eve Online unless you play the game for ~20 years and that's if they don't add new content during that time.

As for Lord of the Rings Online, 3 days into the game and I'm only level 16. This game takes forever to grind. Which is fine for me because I'm enjoying my time in it. There's enough content to go through and I can actually enjoy the equipment I'm finding while progressing through the game.

The same can't be said for Neverwinter Online in any way shape or form. The game's just too short for me to enjoy myself.

LOTRO remains a fun game for me. I love the story and atmosphere and it still looks good today, maybe not great.  As a lifer I hop in to the game every once in awhile. I don't play as much as I used to, however.   After playing some newer games, I do have to admit the combat does feel lackluster at best.  If you can get past this, I would highly recommend anyone check out LOTRO, however.  I've never played EVE since space MMOs do nothing for me, but I know it is popular for those who like space oriented games. 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

I did it... it took me 3 days and 3 hours to play through the game from 1-60 and then fully obtain my characters T2 set. I've essentially beaten the game and there's really not much else to do in it. While the Foundry is a nice side feature it truly does not appeal to me as for additional content. 

The combat gameplay within Neverwinter Online is fun and fast paced. As a tank I had a great experience constantly knocking down and knocking back my opponents in PvE and PvP however. Once You get to 60 and do the dungeons (again) there's really not much else to do. The progression is too fast for someone to experience all of the content. I essentially finished the game without even experiencing the 2 final zones. I believe that there will need to be a large addition to the current level cap for the game or drastically reduce the amount of experience you gain while playing.

The gear within the game is very bland and typically you'll have a mix between greens and blues. By the time you get to 40-50 you'll be completely decked out in full blues and if you were lucky enough to find an epic weapon around 38 you'll find that the weapon you found will never be replaced until you're level 60. I'm not joking either. If you run the Gray Wolf Den for example; there are epic pieces of equipment equal to T1 gear at level 60. This greatly hurts the gear progression in the game drastically. Cosmetic appeal for equipment is some what bland. The variety just isn't there. There's about 3-4 different types of armor that you'll see as you progress through the levels and they're all quite similar.

The dungeons are enjoyable. They're not too long and usually run anywhere from 30-45 minutes with a decent team. However, I highly recommend completely skipping the Den of the Mad Dragon in the level range of 30-34. This is due to serious balancing issues with the final boss fight being almost impossible for a well prepared team to tackle. We ended bringing very high level players into the dungeon just to take down the over grown lizard and it was not worth the effort. You'll occasionally have a group that'll struggle with the dungeons however you'll easily be able to complete any other dungeon.

The PvP within Neverwinter with my experience as a Guardian Fighter is quite enjoyable. I built my Guardian with full tank and knockdowns and knock backs. It's like playing an epic ping pong match within these matches. There are some balancing issues and I've occasionally have fallen victim to a rogue dealing almost 30,000 damage to me (my entire life bar). However, for the most part I think many of the classes are some what balanced and only need minor tweaks in their damage. Something I might point out. That if you're an avid PvP Player you'll find that the two arenas do get quite boring after repeating them many times over. By the time I had hit 40 I leveled strictly off of PvP from there on out. This allowed me to completely purchase my entire set of gear by the time I was 60 and instantly equip it. This made me quite unhappy that they'd allow this to be so easily farmed as this gear is essentially on equal terms with T1 Dungeon gear.

The Cash shop is really not worth your time. I played through the entire game in 3 days and was able to obtain enough astral diamonds to afford upgrading my mount completely. I spent 0 dollars on the game and do not see any Pay-to-Win aspects as far as PvE or PvP in this game.

In the end I did enjoy my time playing Neverwinter and it's a good filler while playing the game. However, in my opinion I don't believe there's any longevity that'll come from this game at its current rate. The level grind is too fast and there's truly not much to achieve when you're at max level. The foundry missions are fun even with people putting out some really bad maps. But there's just not enough content within the game to keep the player coming back.

Go head and comment telling me what your experiences with the game were like and I hoped you enjoyed my "little" write up on the game.

:UPDATE:

There's a poll on the Neverwinter Online forums where 75% of the customers agreed to doing a complete wipe of the game and Cryptic Studios declined this action. People have made fortunes on the auction house by exploiting it, people have exploited the foundry to the level cap, and many people have exploited the dungeon tokens in the Epic dungeons.

I recommend to stay clear of this game unless a new server opens up with a fresh start or if Cryptic does a complete wipe.

And this is the problem with MMOs, the players.  I can ask people about the storyline of  Neverwinter and the large majority of people couldn't even tell me part of if, since they didn't read a single quest or lore object, they just race to 60, then cry about running out of things to do...MMOs are about the journey, not the destination.  The sooner players learn that, the better MMOs will seem.  That's why most newer MMOs are so "bad".  It's not the player's fault as much as it's that they don't know they're not an MMO player.  They'd be happier playing FPS, RPG, or RTS games.  They totally miss the point and purpose of playing an MMO.

I almost exclusively play with a group of friends, mainly made up of older players, that I met back in NWN, DAoC, and UO.  A lot of them have fun in newer MMOs, because we play them like older ones.  We take our time, don't rush, and read and learn every little bit about the world we're running around in.  There's several games that the vast majority have bashed and said were horrible, but when we played it, it was a blast...Most of my friends play several different games, because there is no clear "best" MMO, another thing people need to learn.  "Best" is a matter of opinion.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Yep neverwinter is mmorpg that last just for few weeks. Its not something true mmorpg player seek, those players usually seek mmorpg that last  thousands of hours played across one character and I am talking about meaningful progression and content, etc. (not some rp or player made fun content).

Could you imagine to play one character for 2000 of hours in neverwinter? xD in one year for instance?

• erickjhdezerickjhdez Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I stop playing Neverwinter at 30. It's just too linear for my taste. I can't see even why you would want to spend money on this game to begin with.