Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Neverwinter: Beta Diary #4

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our final beta diary before the official review, we take a look at Neverwinter's Crown Jewel, The Foundry. In addition, we examine the Catursday nightmare and offer a few random "etcetera" thoughts about the game that defy categorization. Read on and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

The journey through Cryptic’s Neverwinter has been a fun and entertaining one over the past four weeks. Whether visiting character creation or questing or the Neverwinter store, the trip has been a blast. We have, however, left one aspect of the game untouched until today, namely the Neverwinter Foundry, arguably the crown jewel. We’ll spend a bit of time talking about the Foundry before jumping to a few “Etc.” thoughts and then wrap up our series waiting for the time to post our official review.

As Deckard Cain always says, “Stay awhile and listen.”

Read more of Suzie Ford's Neverwinter Beta Diary #4.

imageimage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90

REGION BLOCKING <-- This. WTF! They even block proxies, c'mon. Chinese people will not play your barely sexy, overdressed hero, subpar graphic game. The hell are you blocking the ENTIRE country for?

I was this close ( ---- ) from buying the big founders pack too. Ah well. No Foundry for me. No money for them!

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    All I see is a massive object behind Arthas.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I gotta agree with just about everything said. Except the easy part.  If you haven't tried Lair of the Mad Dragon or The Grey Wolf Den on Epic or Castle Never...then you can say it's easy...These three dungeons are super super hard.  Especially the final boss of The Grey Wolf Den.  The other two are basically, "don't get swarmed by adds" kind of fights.  The Grey Wolf Den boss is a pain.  He has a move that targets where everyone is standing, and if you aren't moving when he does it, you're almost always going to get hit...it knocks you up in the air and deals super extreme damage...Also he spawns shadow wolves that pretty much can one it all but the heartiest of adventurers.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Nice review, I pretty much agree with all 4 parts. (I think I only posted something to the currencies in part #3)

Just two remarks to the etcetera part:

Region block - yep... it's an age old issue with PWE, back when the Cryptic - PWE account merge happened, there were players who lost everything because of that... "Sorry, your region is blocked, you can't make a PWE acc. Of course you can't login with your Cryptic acc either in the future without the merge". Catch22. Weird sense of humor those dudes at PWE have...

Look-alike companions - why TOR's lame system you suggested? :) Cryptic has its own "companion" system in STO, (BOff's) with the customization magnitude of almost the character creator itself. I'm pretty sure they will put it into NW somewhere in the future, not because of the players ofc, but because of its ties to the Zen Store :) (with it they can sell truckload of cosmetics and appearance slots for the companions as well)

• wileeewileee Member Posts: 6

The game is broken and bleeding.  They will milk it till it starts pulling money out of their pockets.  I personally think that the exploits were ignored because they don't have the trained people to support the game.  As I take a step back and look at things from a distance of time, this truly feels like the game was done on shoestring after a point.  Have to agree on the Foundry, some of those products were fun and interesting.  Most dungeons are not fun, nor interesting.  

I am moving on to other games.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

Just gonna leave this here to ephasize it.

"If you're taking money from customers, your game is released. 'Nough said."

Ya glad these editors understand this.  With an ending remark like that I am not sure the last entry to this will be sounding as positive as the others.

• kinkanatkinkanat Member UncommonPosts: 33
    My opinion is that the game is very good, and may become a legendary game, BUT you need to fix some urgent issues:

1 - The general difficulty of the game: It is true that there are some dungeons or skyrmish difficult, but the game itself is very easy and the penalty for dying (the few times you do it) is very poor. Go on missions or group by exploring scenarios hardly exists, is very boring.

2 - More world and better dungeons: We need a bigger world to explore, it is true that the game is focused on the dungeons but the game becomes too pasillero. Besides the dungeons they need more incentive to explore, not just fight fight fight and more, we need to explore more and more the abilities aprobechar classes.

3 - The foundry: Need more tools to search for modules, indicating its difficulty, many people and it is recommended recommended levels, the problem lay not everyone esque, so deven put more references to know what is recommended for modules play and you do not find that is too easy and becomes a walk.

In short what you need is more content more and more difficult. The combat system is awesome (the problem is it's too chaotic at times) and very very funny, but if the game is not extended soon and increases the difficulty people had just bored and leave him quickly.
  • dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Maaku

REGION BLOCKING <-- This. WTF! They even block proxies, c'mon. Chinese people will not play your barely sexy, overdressed hero, subpar graphic game. The hell are you blocking the ENTIRE country for?

I was this close ( ---- ) from buying the big founders pack too. Ah well. No Foundry for me. No money for them!

This is what everyone says when they complain about something, I find humorous that so many were going to etc...