Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(F2P) Silkroad Online

hi, there ... sorry im newbee here and of course with my bad english image

anybody here playing silkroad online?, this is a free to play game "forever"

silkroad is korean MMO with nice graphics (lens flare=on, water reflection=on)

periode = closed beta2 from 18:00 25 November 2005 (Korean Time) till death do us part image (White Lion Songs)

MMORPG Comment "see appendix"

betawatcher comments   http://www.betawatcher.com/game.aspx?gameid=215

officially site www.silkroadonline.net

PS. I hope you can enjoy it, Silkroad Screenshot ....

imagen

Comments

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

This is old news...sorry, i dun play it though. Its too...Boxy(everyone looks the same with the same armor and no branching out between different professions. I heard there are what, 2 different ways to go? blech

Edit: Welcome to the Forums though! ^_^

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

The sad thing is that im actually going to try it.... once the server gets back up that is.

Its sad... ive sunk low enough to try this game. GOD PLEASE WE NEED A GOOD BETA/RELEASE SOON!

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Yo man Silkroad Online is actually good. The goal is to get to lvl 20 and then you cause real mahem. Trust me...this game is one good forigen MMORPG.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• v1ckv1ck Member Posts: 2

thank you for all senior members opinion and testimonial about this game ..

bad or good opnion is up to you as your taste about game ... nice to know you guys ..

see you soon in really-really good beta game (^_^) ...

PS. Sorry about my bad english, back to real life ... ciow! 

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

Bad English? hehe; Your engllish is better than other people's english on the forums and to them its their first language ^_^. Don't worry you're fine. Sorry about bashing the game; I have actually never played so for all i know it could be somewhat of a fun game. Nice to have you here!

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

This game is actually really good especially for such an early beta... I suggest everyone check it out. Its as least as good as lineage 2 and imo better.

There are 3 different ways to go when you hit lvl 20 trader hunter or theif and you can be all 3 if you want..

Everyone does have similiar armor at similiar lvls but there are a ton of different character faces to choose from.

Honestly i hate korean betas as much as the next true mmorpg lover but this game got me hooked some how so seriously try it.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

you know... one thing turns me off about this game. Player Shops.

I hate games with player shops, they cause lag, and just create large masses of people for no reason. the AH was invented for a reason in WoW... copy it people.

• HarlequinaHarlequina Member Posts: 48

There is nothing to do in this game other than grind. No crafting, no structures, no real player economy. Weapons and armor are pitifully limited in scope and variety. I played this game for quite a while, excited by the vision the devs seemed to have for it. SRO could have been a game full of strategy, plotting and scheming, it could have been a game about player run guilds battling one another for control of trade routes, of resources, of the massive fortunes flowing from east to west. Unfortunatly, this vision seems to have been lost, or abandoned, for your classic Korean grind fest. Very disapointing exeprience.

The game is not even near completion so your ratings are pretty much halfned.

I like the little grind in his game. There are many elements which take away from the grind. Such as movement

|

• HarlequinaHarlequina Member Posts: 48
    No, not really. Even when the game world will be at its full size, its still probably going to be all grind. I'm not saying I won't give SRO another shot once Islam and Europe are implemented (and God only knows when that will be), but I'm really not expecting things to be much different than they are now. And this really isn't a rating per se, its more of an opinion.

True

|

• BlueCoyoteBlueCoyote Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by theanimedude
    you know... one thing turns me off about this game. Player Shops.I hate games with player shops, they cause lag, and just create large masses of people for no reason. the AH was invented for a reason in WoW... copy it people.

FFXI featured Auction Houses long before WoW was released, and from what I've heard, Everquest did too; far longer ago than FFXI. I'd say WoW shares your philosophy of "copy it, people."

• royalsroyals Member Posts: 27

I think this game looks great.. but It doesn't seem to work on my computer::::05::

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

After playing this game for the past week and a half, I gotta say it's pretty damn good.

I'm fairly picky in what games I can actually devote some time to, but this could be one of those games...

Level 1-20 is pretty cookie cutter in terms of Korean MMO's, but at 20+ the game takes an interesting leap. Bassically you choose to be (but arent entirely limited to) a Trader, Hunter or Thief...

The PvP is pretty fast-paced and from what I've seen/experienced, is pretty damn balanced. I've played both a full physical/fire/glavie, and full mental/ice/bow char to equal levels (20+) and each time have been equally successful in PvP... It's really more about getting the most out of ur build, and using it correctly then anything... Also when talking to high/former-high level players, I've got fairly mixed reactions when asking about PvP builds... The game is VERY level intensive though, so often times it will be simply about who has 2-3 levels on the other guy... those 3 levels can mean powerful new equipment, 15 stat points, and great new skills...

The graphics are on semi-par (maybe slightly sub-par when compared to the newer big name games)... The sound is pretty crisp, and doesnt get old too fast (minues a few effects of some popular skills). Music seems to be lacking a bit, and could really use more intensity...

As far as straight up game-play, it's a grind-fest at heart... But as far as grind-fests go, it's on the high end~ The whole class idea with the trading and everything is quite interesting and very intense at times, but I really can't see it holding much enjoyment in the long run... It will always revert back to a grind-fest in the end...

Now, if it were a P2P game I would probably say pass on this one, but since it's a F2P game (and will be forever supposedly), that has just came into beta recently, I have to say give it a shot... Whether or not this will be one of those games that I personally stick to for months to come, I'm not entirely sure, but for now, it's got me thoroughly hooked...

--------------------------------------

• ionicwingsionicwings Member Posts: 109

For a F2P? This is one of the best games ever.

For an Oriental MMORPG? The best in the genre. (still havnt played Nine Dragons so I might be wrong)

But ofcourse for an MMORPG in general? very competetive but not the best.

I like this game but i dont really grind that much. Still level 15 here ::::02::

I either cant get onto the servers... or im lagged in town when I go. That... and I cant seem to find where to buy arrows in town, so once I find that out, I can go grind some more ::::33::

Not bad... I just really hate the player shops.

I wish games would implement "trade sectors" where shops were limited to being setup. Or maybe a maximum number shops per zone. Either way... ill still play since its F2P ::::15::

• CyndredCyndred Member Posts: 9

Having a hard time getting in game

• CyndredCyndred Member Posts: 9

Having a hard time getting in game image

Originally posted by Cyndred
    Having a hard time getting in game image

it wont stop... deal with it. I found the easiest time to get on is during a week day (go figure) and then just leave it on until you want to play ::::01::

yeah me too. though I usually play every weekends since no time weekdays (work). it IS F2P and you know what that means... ::::02::

great idea on places to vend... like set an area where you can actually vend.. lol... a place where there are no quest NPC's...

well... currently I have done NO quests... and bought NOTHING since I cant do anything in town. All I see is purple player shops everywhere and cant seem to find anything else ::::07::

that completely turns me off ::::21::

i recommend you to do all quests as possible. it gives you twice the exp. exp when you get the requirements and exp when you get the rewards. char exp, skill exp and money too! thats why i do quests even im so lazy to do it... i just force myself to hehe...

though i think if you are a pure mental-ice-bowtype, you wont have problems leveling... I have one before.. and it was hell great. but ive seen so many players with that kind of build so i switched to another one...

pure mental rules at early levels...

::::02:::

• OnlineBoyoOnlineBoyo Member Posts: 70

I havn't been able to get on at all this weekend due to traffic (which reaaaly sucks). I figure its cause of the double gold drops (goes until the 29th to make up for some bug) and cause its the weekend. Hopefully I can finally get logged on tomorrow

Originally posted by ionicwings
    i recommend you to do all quests as possible. it gives you twice the exp. exp when you get the requirements and exp when you get the rewards. char exp, skill exp and money too! thats why i do quests even im so lazy to do it... i just force myself to hehe...though i think if you are a pure mental-ice-bowtype, you wont have problems leveling... I have one before.. and it was hell great. but ive seen so many players with that kind of build so i switched to another one...pure mental rules at early levels... ::::02:::

thats really great... except I cant figure out anything about the game other than "click, attack, pick up loot, repeat" since I cant hit any NPCs... and I cant find any quests... ::::27::