Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First!

2»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Cant wait to get more info on this game
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

How does an MMO with "sandbox" in the description not have any info on a site like this?  

Anyone know what's going on with this game?

What a crying shame that something could look this good and be another mirrored class race cash shop grinder.  DAngit I am in love with how this looks. 

Now could someone make a tri realm mmorpg with this level of quality where races and classes actually are different?

Hello?

Hello?

sigh.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Outstanding visuals.Looking forward to more info on this one.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• skywikskywik Member Posts: 1
    the game is beautiful! but 2015 -.-
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Looking at the vids one could say it was pretty far developt already, adding 2 years to that can be a good thing, specialy with all current mmo flops popping left and right.

keeping an eye out for this one for sure.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Woot 32nd post on the thread

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SystemID41SystemID41 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Justsomenoob

How does an MMO with "sandbox" in the description not have any info on a site like this?  

Anyone know what's going on with this game?

What a crying shame that something could look this good and be another mirrored class race cash shop grinder.  DAngit I am in love with how this looks. 

Now could someone make a tri realm mmorpg with this level of quality where races and classes actually are different?

Hello?

Hello?

sigh.

Not sure where you got your information, but while Black Desert will have two separate NPC "factions", they do not affect PVP in any way as PVP will be free for all.

The game will be far more sandbox than theme park and there is no indication of cash shops, I realise that it is easy to jump to conclusions about an MMO made in Korea but it really looks like they are trying to break the mold with Black Desert.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Looks totally amazing . The characters look realistic . This is just what ive been looking for . A non cartoon sandbox with corpse looting .
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by pmiles

A couple of things I noticed in the video...

The archer shooting while mounted on a horse... just awesome... 

The random folks in town that were doing, you know... real tasks that you'd expect someone to be doing... not the usual stand there and yak at some other NPC... I think I saw in the second trailer a tailor/seamstress working on a dress... well done.

It comes alive when the NPCs are alive... most games NPCs are just scattered about and look about as plastic as a recycled bottle.  

I don't care if it takes me 10,000 years to level if the game is well animated and allows you to do combat on mounts that are as realistic as the characters themselves.

Bravo!

Something I noticed was in the Castle fights. It was like the squads were NPC as well and I got to thinking, did they go there? Did they intergrate an NPC system where we need to populate the world, not just with ourselves but with NPC's as well? Imagine the possibilities? we have empty wilderness and we can chose to have a coastal pirate town and based on what we do, the NPC's arrive accordingly. A peaceful city? Be law biding. Scallywags? Break the law and they will come. Hire Garrisons, workers but everyone right down to the beggar showed up because of something we did or failed to do.

Like you, I could care less about leveling. Hell, maybe they won't even have levels. Spend years just mastering the exploration or a simple craft. They are either the master trolls of MMO trailers or this is going to be one hell of a game.

• xBenzinxxBenzinx Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by SystemID41

Not sure where you got your information, but while Black Desert will have two separate NPC "factions", they do not affect PVP in any way as PVP will be free for all.   The game will be far more sandbox than theme park and there is no indication of cash shops, I realise that it is easy to jump to conclusions about an MMO made in Korea but it really looks like they are trying to break the mold with Black Desert.

Oh I'm jumping to all kinds of conclusions, such as this game (so far) seems better than any other MMO that has been or will be released for a long, long time.  It has nearly every core tenet that makes for a great MMO.   Though the possibility of an f2p model does worry me a bit... I hope their NA publisher goes for a sub or even better an eve-style sub system.

Now if only they could westernize the animations so my character won't look like he's having a seizure.

At this low point in MMO gaming, I refuse to play even the shiniest turd.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

im intrested aswell in this game..

NPC guards.. city building.. looks awesome..

Is there anything known of the combat system?

Like aim to shoot.. or just another boring tab target crap..

Hopefully they can do it right

• xBenzinxxBenzinx Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Snoepie

im intrested aswell in this game..

NPC guards.. city building.. looks awesome..

Is there anything known of the combat system?

Like aim to shoot.. or just another boring tab target crap..

Hopefully they can do it right

The housing is all non-instanced (meaning you can look/go inside peoples homes) and customizable with little objects, and the ability to turn your home into a store or hire npcs etc.  There will be a set number of buildings in the game (enough for about 30% of the populous to own one), but nearly all buildings in the game can be purchased by players.   The only actual 'player created buildings' they have mentioned so far would be pitching a tent outside the walls of a city, because some people won't be able to obtain buildings.  Though your tent would also have some customization to it.

It is aim to hit, though they have also said absolute pixel-perfect precision will not be required.  We'll see how exactly that plays out. 

The combat system is supposedly a lot like their previous game, Continent of the Ninth, which would make it more like a combo-centric fighting game style of combat.  Of course, this they also countered by saying they will have another system in place to combat the "tiredness" players may experience with that playstyle.

At this low point in MMO gaming, I refuse to play even the shiniest turd.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by Wizardry

That looks extremeluy promising,i would play it.I hope they keep up the good work and don't sell out early.

When a game delivers right out of the box in an epic fashion it keeps loyal players for years.

HAHA you knmow me,if there is something in that video that looks cheap i will spot it.Around 35 seconds it looks like a ripoff from Epics EPIC CITADEl ..lol ,seriously this looks very impressive,i give it so far 2 thumbs up :D.

Downside is >>>WEBZEn,good side is Pearl Abyss is new and seems liek they have some skills,as they mention they have sefveral peopel skilled in making their own game engines.

Couple concerns no level cap.This allows for a very unbalanced game and with pvp that si a big deal.Also a really large guild could control the game.There will be limited housing with one player allowed to buy several.Now imagine a super large guild with lots of gold and players to buy up all the housing plots.

Peral seems to think it won't happen,i say it might very well happen especially an early large guild with players playing 24/7.

IMO the race for limited housing plots will be totally unfair to casual players and definitely out of reach for players that join anytime after launch.

Open seemless world is a plus.IMO a little too much is focused on Segie battles,this trend in current gaming bothers me.i don't care for pvp at all in my rpg's,especially not a system that allows maybe a level 250 veersus a level 1.

This game could be a gem or a bust and imo all based on the pvp and uncapped levels.ALso seiges will have no limits,so you might have a 500 player guild attacking a 50 player guild,cya ..next easy win.

Good news is they mentioned soon as you hit level 50 which theoretically is the level cap it takes a very, very long time to level up. From the way they described it, it sounded as if level 50-51 could take as long as 1-50 or possibly longer.

Also a good thing about housing you have to repurchase your house/s after 3 months and everyone gets access to tents as I brought up in my Black Desert discussion thread I can just imagine epic Hoovervilles being made out side of the major cities. Also the houses are not only house Pearl Abyss said in an interview that they can be used for whatever the player wants them to be. Picture player run smithies and shops ala Sword Art Online where anyone can come into your shop and order items or place an order with you.

Also the great thing about the siege battles with NPC mercenaries for hire, a smaller guild stands a fair chance against a much larger guild if they bother to higher a bunch of NPCs to help defend themselves.