Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would encourage you to start playing EVE?

167891012»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

HONEST answer??

If a different developer took over and announced they have just licensed the Unreal 3 or 4 game engine and will port it over with improvements.

Best thing that could happen to this game and imo the RPG genre would be if Epic games started making these games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Wizardry

HONEST answer??

If a different developer took over and announced they have just licensed the Unreal 3 or 4 game engine and will port it over with improvements.

Best thing that could happen to this game and imo the RPG genre would be if Epic games started making these games.

To translate what he said above: I hate CCP, want a carebear friendly game where the game engine cannot evolve so I don't have to buy a new cheapo computer every few years to play it (CCP do a fantastic job, the carbon engine is both flexible and allows for the game graphics to evolve gradually through patches, don't believe me? take a look  at 6 month old screenshots at full detail and then boot up the game and check how they look now and what improvements could be made to a sandbox title beyond iteration I have no bloody clue).

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Dihoru

HONEST answer??

To translate what he said above: I hate CCP, want a carebear friendly game where the game engine cannot evolve so I don't have to buy a new cheapo computer every few years to play it (CCP do a fantastic job, the carbon engine is both flexible and allows for the game graphics to evolve gradually through patches, don't believe me? take a look  at 6 month old screenshots at full detail and then boot up the game and check how they look now and what improvements could be made to a sandbox title beyond iteration I have no bloody clue).

" Right On, Right On, Right On " With Sony bringing out the PS4 later this year CCP will most likely take EvE and make it F2P and keep Dust 514 upgraded adding item shops too both.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

HONEST answer??

" Right On, Right On, Right On " With Sony bringing out the PS4 later this year CCP will most likely take EvE and make it F2P and keep Dust 514 upgraded adding item shops too both.

Fail trolls fail :).

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Honestly, make my avatar a person and change payment model.

However, I don't think they should do either since they seem to be doing fine as is...no sense in appealing to me to lose the base.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Vorch

Honestly, make my avatar a person and change payment model.

However, I don't think they should do either since they seem to be doing fine as is...no sense in appealing to me to lose the base.

Your avatar is a person.... They're just in a ship while you're out of a station...

What's wrong with the payment model?

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

HONEST answer??

Money talks, bullshit walks

I'll take that bet: I bet that CCP will not make EVE F2P by 23:59 GMT, Dec 31st, 2013.

How much do you want to lay down? I'll accept PLEX btw. Let's see if you actually believe what you say?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Removing or changing Wardecks, so that they only effects thouse Coporations and Alliances that want to PvP.

Personal Space instances - like housing in other MMO's.

Changing Planet status from " space decoration " to "actual planets with NPC population" - kick starting a more real Space Universe, than it is atm.

Originally posted by Jonas_SG

Removing or changing Wardecks, so that they only effects thouse Coporations and Alliances that want to PvP.

Changing Planet status from " space decoration " to "excual planets with NPC population" - kick starting a more real Space Universe, than it is atm.

I don't like paying high prices for stuff that market PvPers buy up and resell. I presume that these non-PvPing corps and alliances will not be able to price gouge me, and will have to sell stuff at the NPC mineral prices?

Also I don't like it when people mine out the asteroids I want to mine. Obviously these non-PvPing corps can't engage in that kind of activity either.

And it's a direct attack on my industry and R&D activity when other people use scarce station slots. I naturally assume that these non-PvPing corps will be barred from doing this?

Look, you can see where this is going. Everything in EVE is PvP in one form or another. You can't just demand to be immune from being shot at whilst being able to "shoot back" in other ways.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

Changing Planet status from " space decoration " to "excual planets with NPC population" - kick starting a more real Space Universe, than it is atm.

I don't like paying high prices for stuff that market PvPers buy up and resell. I presume that these non-PvPing corps and alliances will not be able to price gouge me, and will have to sell stuff at the NPC mineral prices?

Also I don't like it when people mine out the asteroids I want to mine. Obviously these non-PvPing corps can't engage in that kind of activity either.

And it's a direct attack on my industry and R&D activity when other people use scarce station slots. I naturally assume that these non-PvPing corps will be barred from doing this?

Look, you can see where this is going. Everything in EVE is PvP in one form or another. You can't just demand to be immune from being shot at whilst being able to "shoot back" in other ways.

Having Wardec immune player Corporation Is the same as being in a NPC corporation, just with a smaller and more friendlier community. It will have no effect on the EvE Universe other than, bringing more PvE communities in to the game.

• RindirRindir Member Posts: 2

Now idk how much footing i have to comment here as i saw lots of people with years of game time under there belt, but i got to say my bit

ive read the first 5 or so pages and have to add from a newish players point of few, now ive only played for 7months and i saw lots of info about moon goo, now i dont know much about it but i do know 2 things that keep coming up 

1st the big alliances have major passive isk, which ok i bet they do, but i myself also make enough passive isk to plex 3 accounts each month and have more left over, and a couple of things to point im a carebear hell i hate it when i get sucked into pvp by my corp but thats part and part of eve, but even know im not a age old vet i still can hold my own.

2nd of all there seems to be alot of people going on about sp and its draw backs, now just to prove to a big point that some have made, i build t2s and do alot of R&D but i also have orca and charon (both cap size ships) now were do i have the disadvantage  of older players, lets see ummm... non what so ever 

the main thing i can suggest for people who want to start eve is get off the forum go to eve and try the trail, and no i dont mean the 14 day trail as you dont get time to try the game i mean the 21 day buddy invite, that any eve player can give you, and talk in the help and rookie help chats and if you need more help then that try eve uni help chat, and those of you who are to busy moaning about lack of isk theres 100 and 1 ways to make isk and more, pve missions with slavage can get you a good pay for example and those who moaning about the  sp ive just proved that theres no problem with is so hush.

oh and last note im not a part of test or goons or even a small alliance :P

• DoozerglueDoozerglue Member UncommonPosts: 40

I started playing Neverwinter from day one, but the day they shut down the servers due to duping I took that time to give EVE another try.  I had tried EVE many years ago, but it just didn't take... I didn't get it. I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it, but I remember feeling overwhelmed. Every time I saw an add for EVE, I'd say "screw that."   I think now that I have a  little more MMO experience, I'm ready for a more mature undertaking.  All I can say about EVE  is "what a great game."  I truly mean that.  After a few days of playing I feel like this is the game I've wanted all along. 

My first experience in local chat was someone answering questions that the new people were asking.  Even stating "are there any other questions?"  When I stated, "I'm new to the game," after asking a question, I got "we're glad you're here" as a response.  I felt / feel welcome.  I know this may not be the way it is all the time, but it really felt good to hear that.

I could go through a large list of how things are different, but I'm in an EVE forum... so you know.  Up until a few days ago, I was that guy that thought everyone that played EVE was stubborn and arrogant.  The people that cry out about the beauty of a sand-box, the hipsters that hated WoW because it had become the standard for what an MMO "should" be... everybody hates a winner.....  I was wrong.  I see why people get behind the game. 

If you are considering this game, it's not like you can jump in and start killing stuff like other MMO's. You have to take some time and run through the tutorial and do ALL of the training missions.  Learn how to play the game to enjoy the game, if that makes any sense....  The game is beautiful, has beautiful music and an extremely interesting / immersive  concept. 

Anyway, saw this thread and thought I'd throw my perspective in there. 

• RindirRindir Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Doozerglue

I started playing Neverwinter from day one, but the day they shut down the servers due to duping I took that time to give EVE another try.  I had tried EVE many years ago, but it just didn't take... I didn't get it. I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it, but I remember feeling overwhelmed. Every time I saw an add for EVE, I'd say "screw that."   I think now that I have a  little more MMO experience, I'm ready for a more mature undertaking.  All I can say about EVE  is "what a great game."  I truly mean that.  After a few days of playing I feel like this is the game I've wanted all along. 

My first experience in local chat was someone answering questions that the new people were asking.  Even stating "are there any other questions?"  When I stated, "I'm new to the game," after asking a question, I got "we're glad you're here" as a response.  I felt / feel welcome.  I know this may not be the way it is all the time, but it really felt good to hear that.

I could go through a large list of how things are different, but I'm in an EVE forum... so you know.  Up until a few days ago, I was that guy that thought everyone that played EVE was stubborn and arrogant.  The people that cry out about the beauty of a sand-box, the hipsters that hated WoW because it had become the standard for what an MMO "should" be... everybody hates a winner.....  I was wrong.  I see why people get behind the game. 

If you are considering this game, it's not like you can jump in and start killing stuff like other MMO's. You have to take some time and run through the tutorial and do ALL of the training missions.  Learn how to play the game to enjoy the game, if that makes any sense....  The game is beautiful, has beautiful music and an extremely interesting / immersive  concept. 

Anyway, saw this thread and thought I'd throw my perspective in there. 

im glad you did mate, it just proves how welcoming the game, which  im glad as i know thats how alot of us who play eve feel, we love new people starting.

and i agree the game is beautiful in every way, my favorite thing is when m freshly built ships come off the production line and i can put them on the market for others to buy :D

• BroverpowerdBroverpowerd Member UncommonPosts: 37
    I am a new player, but I feel like a good way is to have ongoing skillpoint accumulation. Aka, while your account is active, you are accumulating skillpoints. 
    Originally posted by Broverpowerd
    I am a new player, but I feel like a good way is to have ongoing skillpoint accumulation. Aka, while your account is active, you are accumulating skillpoints. 

Your wish is granted. Log in and start your skillqueue.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Nothing. I'm not into sci-fi and I don't like the whole no avatar approach. I love sandbox MMOs though and am eagerly awaiting CCP's next rendition.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

EVE is like marmite, you either love it or hate it. I don't know if there is a middle ground with EVE but I guess that is what a lot of people love (or hate) about the game.

Me personally , I guess I prefer marmalade.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Nothing.  I broke my shackles 3 years ago

I got a brand new pair since 3 weeks :)

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    The last time I tried to like this game and i filled out the survey as I was leaving I told the developers I would rather have a root canal with  no anesthesia than play this game for another minute.
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    The last time I tried to like this game and i filled out the survey as I was leaving I told the developers I would rather have a root canal with  no anesthesia than play this game for another minute.

I'm sure that was immensely useful to them.